Not to be rude but……

If I spend time, effort and money to send you free seeds and you never bother to let me know you received my send I will most likely never send seeds to you again.
I honestly don’t think this is asking to much of a person. Yes things happen, we forget or get busy.
I always upon receipt of seeds from someone whether free or not message that person and let them know that their letter made it to me.

Safety is always a concern, so if someone sends and you don’t receive there is obviously a breakdown somewhere in that chain. Be it on the senders side or receiver side. Knowing which is the case is pretty damn important.

So please be courteous folks and let the sender know that you are in receipt of someone’s time and efforts.

128 Likes

I mean, besides all the practical reasons you just stated…It’s just common courtesy!!!

28 Likes

This topic rings a bell for me. I may have dozens of cards sent to me by members to my safe addy. I rarely allow anyone to open my stuff or else they will mis handle the goods. So thanks @Oldjoints for giving me an out.
If anyone reads this and did send me anything I certainly appreciate it whole heartedly. With that being said I will in fact reach out to everyone who send me something out of respect for you going out of your way for me. With the exception of those who wish to remain anonymous.

21 Likes

I often have an extended waiting period before I actually have my hands on the seeds…I don’t like telling someone I have them unless they are actually in hand…once I get your gear I will always let you know. I also lost a bunch of stuff last year…I don’t even know what happened to it. Sorry folks but the situation was really out of my control…tried throwing money at it and that didn’t help. Live and learn I guess…now I’m embarrassed to ask people for more… luckily I can’t really remember who I got the ones from that were lost lol…

If you send them to me tracked, you can tell when they are delivered…

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

12 Likes

I haven’t gotten from you personally but I will say i only ever feel comfortable really following up if things show up. I had one item from OG not show up and I just feel awkward going to that sender and continuing to ask for more. Don’t want that “scammer” tag, especially over free stuff.

10 Likes

This post makes me want to go back through my DMs and follow up on every envelope I’ve ever sent. Very well put.

If you’re one of those recipients yet you have not received anything from me, please let me know. Alternatively if you’re one of those recipients and you just want to do it again, that’s cool too. I’d be happy to resend.

11 Likes

At a minimum, I always send a personal message of thanks upon receipt.

But yeah, a couple months ago I was gifted some seeds (I didn’t ask…) but it was not from anyone I really know. Seeds have never shown. I too don’t feel it’s appropriate to say “hey, where’s my free shit?” So maybe that person just thinks I’m a butt head, don’t know.

10 Likes

Just follow up either way!
No need to ask for more as most of the time if the sender has more they will offer to re-send. If they don’t make that offer than they may not have more or willing to re-send.
I have had very few times when I have had to re-send and only once when I did re-send that it once again didn’t show. I had to inform that person that everyone else was getting my sends and it had to be on their end and to Investigate the why of that and that I couldn’t send to that person again until it was solved. The person was very gracious and totally understood.

20 Likes

I always, ALWAYS respond with a “Eagle Has Landed” message whenever receiving something from someone. Anything. :+1::+1:

11 Likes

What if I’m a future recipient, but we just haven’t worked out the details?

All joking aside, @oldjoints is right, how hard is it to show a sliver of gratitude people? The flip side is when your sender doesn’t even include their alias. Things take forever to get to the US and I’m forgetful, as in i can forget what I’m doing, while I’m doing it so… Hi, I’m Dory. Not quite that bad but still applies

8 Likes

I must remember to thank the Canadian Tire people for the lovely flyer.

Seriously though. I agree. It’s only polite.

7 Likes

Great topic @Oldjoints
When I send or receive the confirmation is sooo important. I don’t feel like the transaction is complete until I hear that my letter has been received. I assume others feel the same way when sending me a letter.

11 Likes

To me when someone notifies me it makes me think they are really excited for those particular seeds whereas when they don’t I kind of get the assumption they might have just hopped on free seeds that will now sit in a collection. Of course that might not be the case and like others said we get busy with our lives sometimes too.

13 Likes

Wait… PEOPLE DO THIS?!?! :scream: :man_facepalming:

Seriously the LEAST you can do is a confirmation of arrival along with another “Thank you for your kindness?”

Fuck @Oldjoints I’m :canada:ian sorry you had to experience this. :cry:

15 Likes

I agree it’s only the polite thing to do

One thing I fine some people sending seeds don’t sign what they send and I can’t remember everything coming and going lol

11 Likes

I agree 100%, it’s just common courtesy. I send out a ton of mail and don’t get nearly as many confirmations that the letters arrived. That said I don’t really keep track so I could not say who does not acknowledge receipt. I have been guilty of this myself on a couple occasions if I am being honest. It’s not purposeful, just sometimes I got so many things going on somehow one slips through the cracks. I do try my best to keep up though as that should never happen. :v:

12 Likes

Copy that 🫡

2 Likes

I don’t understand some people, as I live in Europe I don’t even try to get seeds from you, most likely the package would stop at PT Customs and would end in a big ass operation to get 5 or 6 plants that I have.
Plus court time, sentence would be frozen as it would be my 1st time under the law reticle.

But If I would get a free package with few premium seeds, It would be like Christmas.

It would be an automatic PM thanking the sender, maybe with a picture for the sender to confirm that’s what he sent and the package wasn’t violated.

Even in the future if it becomes legal and not a problem, I would probably run away from seed runs, I am the kind of guy that don’t rely on favours and if by some reason I want to go away, I don’t want to feel I’m failing to someone who may need me and already helped me.

But that’s me, on my deepest side. I love to see the seed runs and how you all share without expect anything in return but some manners and recognition. It’s beautiful.

7 Likes

I must have shipped about a kilo of seeds all around the world in 2022 and apart from a few lost letters, one that was sent -don’t know how- to the IRS and forwarded to the addressee with a “my bad” letter , they pretty much all made it :wink:

13 Likes

Do you sign the seeds sent? I know I have received some and nothing is included to say who sent them.

2 Likes