Nova Scotian Outdoor

welcome :wave: :canada:

we look forward to when OG let’s you upload. :wink: :v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Thanks!! Just working on figuring that out now :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Nice! I’m right nextdoor in newbrunswick. What strains are you growing?

6 Likes

I’m too lazy/high & it’ll be 103F here in Calif., so search for the posts from Lemonadejoe re: user trust levels & permissions. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to Over Grow @SeminoleSeeds!!
Lots of great folks here and copious quantities of interesting projects on the go. Be sure to explore and ask questions!

Cheers
G

3 Likes
2 Likes

Nice seeing folks north of me grow. I’m at 42n and thought I had it rough :joy:

4 Likes

I believe our new member from Siberia has that locked down :laughing: :santa: :ice_cube:

8 Likes

A lot of my own unknown seeds… one I call The Mutant, because it has variegated, gnarly leaves and produced gun metal grey seeds. Cookies’n’Cream x R2 that I F2’d last summer with a purple/hollow stemmed, resinous male and some Bodhi and Ak Bean brains gear. Black Raspberry, Forest Queen, Sunshine Daydream and Lemon Lotus (bodhi) and Purple Fuzz x TKNL5 Haze (AKBB), along with a bunch of old blends from past years that I might Bx The Mutant with and for selection from past lost strains I had. What are you working with? The R2 is a mostly NB strain, sometimes called R2D2, which I actually got some seeds for so I’ll do a comparison to see similarities and maybe line breed the C’nC x R2 back towards a more R2 dominant plant.

5 Likes

12 Likes

12 Likes

The 3 on the right are my own creation… progeny of The Mutant… Far left is Sour Diesel, and a few white widow squeezed in between.

7 Likes

Welcome @SeminoleSeeds !!! I’m in NS too as well as a few others here.

R2 is legendary! I’ve been trying to tell people here about it for a few years now. I havent grown it since the early 2000s but I remember it being the perfect northern outdoor crop.

6 Likes

Can’t find anything on R2? I’m interested if it’s a proper northerly strain.

1 Like

As @SeminoleSeeds mentioned it came from I think New Brunswick and that it was possibly an Afghan Haze pheno that was worked into what we now know as R2 here.

My experience was it always finished nice and early. I remember growing a bunch out and they’d be almost all female from what I assume was late flower intersex and subsequent pollination but I rarely found seeds in the stuff I grew out.

It pops up at the dispensaries sometimes and it’s always way danker than what I remember (medium potency, myrcine flavor and aroma) so I’m not sure where the strain is at today compared to what I remember.

4 Likes

Awesome! Those are some great looking plants

1 Like

Ya so I’ve heard a Lot of stories about this strain, mainly that it arrived in NB from someone who brought it back from BC in the late 80s… heard it might be afghani, NL2, thai haze… but who knows… the cross I have didn’t finish super early, but lots of crystal, purple hues, comes on strong and has legs… nice balance, not too heady, not too sleepy. I look forward to getting the original clone, I think I have a contact for it on rollitup, if you check out the R2 thread on there you’ll see some Possible history. lol

3 Likes

Thanks, gonna put some up of their later stages soon. The big one was a 9-10 footer.

1 Like

Totally, I’m still trying to get a couple pics a friend took of mine on November 1st with frost on it… no mold. lol

3 Likes

They are some healthy looking plants there. Well done and welcome.

1 Like