Nutrients every second feeding or once a week when watering daily

I have been feeding my plants with each watering for a very long time now.
I only use pure water when the plants are in very small containers, because I need to water/feed 3 to 5 times a day, and even at a small dose, I want to avoid any salt buildup so I use plain water about once a week ‘till copious runoff. Otherwise, If the plants are in larger containers which do not need multiple waterings/feedings each day, I never use plain water.
I do the same for all of my non cannabis plants also.

The cannabis growing community is generally somewhat insular in their tendency to think that cannabis is a special needs, unique plant, which requires all sorts of cannabis specific products.
Newbies are particularly easy marks.

6 Likes

For me, it depends on what type of pot I’m using for any plant really. I never do in grow bags, never had salts build up. They leach the salts out on their own through the fabric. As far as feeding plants, probably lighter than I should, haven’t completely played with that yet.

I think in all reality, you could use any balanced fertilizer from start to finish and probably still get a mid grade plant.

1 Like

I used to grow great plants with only MaxiBloom and pH up, from germination until finish.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but if you feel like you can feed more, you probably can. I feed until the leaf tips burn.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying these! They will be up-potted tomorrow. Thank you!

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Quick update. I estimated October 17 to clip but I’ll have to watch the frost

7 Likes

I’ve gone from light feeding once a week to heavy feeding twice a week with the same plants, as they get larger. Light feeding once a week until they’re a foot tall, normal feeding once a week until they’re about 3 feet tall and regular or heavy feeding twice a week after that seems to work. You can also put granulated time-release fertilizer in addition to feeding, once they get really big. Time-release is also nice, since your plants get a light feeding every time you water or it rains.