Octopot , clones , seeds , mainlining , grafting and mothers

See this is funny to me i always had major roots in the reservoir until maybe 4 or 5 grows

So for like 4 years or so what changed ?

I’m not really worried just curious as to what the change was

It could very well be the water hardness

I believe the bag gets too wet so the roots get lazy
Well surely see
Stay tuned for news at 11 lol :joy: :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

14 Likes

Definitely on the right track

The. Bag them selves so not feel as wet as i remember them being actually feel dry to the touch

6 Likes

My experience a plant that is well rooted in a small pot getting transplanted to a octopot doesn’t seem to root down to the res vs a plant that is just starting to root getting put into the octo early.

No expert at all but first hand experience has given me the same results very few roots when sticking a well rooted plant into the octo pot.

8 Likes

Your absolutely correct on that point
I know I was getting lazier and when i stopped just rooted and let them in the Solo cups for like 2,3 weeks before transferring them over to the Octopot
That’s definitely the issue
Paps

9 Likes

Well, that explains it then!! I’ll have to try the newly rooted.

3 Likes

In a well rooted plant roots are branching out with secondary roots already , so taps and secondaries are now sharing power, from 10 taproot tips to now 10 tap tips plus 500 secondaries kind off
In a new rooted plant roots mainly taps so all power to downward

As soon as taps hit food the secondaries start growing , so water only for turbo method

You probably don’t need anything in Rez for a few days , plant just livin on the turbo ( less water in pot and no food) taps searcing down to net pot chasing the depleting moisture till they show in net cup

Then when you see roots in net cup start to feed and fill Rez minimum level kind off

Clones need to be in good condition as no food for whole time , just want cuts had when taken from mum , this will dictate how long you can push without food

Always pushing , kaizen

: )

14 Likes

There’s @ifish with just a wonderful nugget of knowledge. Thank you. @Papalag interested to hear more about what you think might have changed. I’m gonna take a pull off this J and ponder it a bit. :green_heart:

5 Likes

Exactly like ifish said

This is what happens when you get lazy or just plain high
lol

10 Likes

I battle that everyday
: )

8 Likes

ICC showed 1 small root
Up potted to a 6 gallon Octopot and the OCTO -DOME
So now let’s see each one is a little different
Little root 1day old some roots 1week old in solo cup and some 2 days roots with solo cups
All jethros turbo method but all but one had rhizotonic and fertilizer
The 1 under the octo dome just plain PH’ed water

25 Likes

@Papalag remember that white rhino frommm wayyy back …
It’s almost done flowering :crazy_face:
Hope all is well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great :+1:. you’ll love it

4 Likes

Installed reservoir fill lines and a net today

Raised the Octopot that ice cream cake is in she is so far behind the rest

20 Likes

I did not like the arrangement of my plants

Icc will do better on her own in the small tent
She’s. 1.5 weeks behind so much smaller
And I believe a slow growing plant
So I can flip her when I want

Mac 1 sisters

Chuckys bride and cap junky

Wedding cake and AJ’s sour D

GMO and Tahoe OG

Paps

30 Likes

the full jetpack line up ! giver full steam

3 Likes

Nice lineup man! The tahoe is great ive been sampling it lately in the evening, gets me verry stoned and has complex flavor in the vape.

2 Likes

Greetings Paps!

I finally caught up on this educational and entertaining thread! As usual, you’ve got an epic run going, and It’s especially nice to see the Jetpack strains rescued as Poppa Jet suffers through the slings and arrows of grievous misfortune! We need @Jetdro back!!!

The recent discussion of octopot rootballs caught my attention because it’s a mystery I’ve pondered for some time. Here are a couple of observations:

• Jet’s Turbo method is a huge improvement and removes all doubt about the quickest and most reliable to get newly rooted young seedlings to root in large and small octos.

• More mature seedlings, say after a couple weeks in cups, seem to be a different deal. If there’s any moisture in the octo soil around the bottom of their roots, they tend to spread horizontally rather than down to the reservoir. Their roots are already mashing into the bottom of their cup, so it makes sense they’ll seek the closest fastfood treats. For those, I’m using a completely dry soil for their transplant with only a Turbo shot of juice straight down to guide the roots to a nearly empty reservoir. Hunger is a BIG motivator and those roots are highly motivated.

• Genetic variations can be the deciding factor in the reservoir rootball. I recently grew Orange Grove and Black Cream side by side in octopups treated identically, and the root balls were dramatically different in size. Orange Grove roots filled the res, while Black Cream roots were respectable and healthy but about 10% the size.

• The ultimate size of the reservoir rootball seems to be determined in the first three weeks after roots first hit the res. Like you suggested, I keep the water level low throughout that period to allow the plant to maximize root development by keeping the upper soil dry…

Just a few thoughts to add to the topic.

Cheers,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

11 Likes

I was thinking of a tube cut in half long ways , from top of net pot to surface with plant in it so forcing roots down , when roots hit net pot remove tube and give access to the rest of pot

Like growing carrots in cardboard tube soo nice straight and down carrots , only we remove tube later ( easy cuz it’s in two half’s )

Tube just soda bottle cut to shape for example

7 Likes

Almost
All except aj’s sour d and Chucky’s bride, and then its a jet pack run

7 Likes

I believe your right on :+1:

If the roots don’t circle at the bottom of the solo cup they stand a chance

But I do think genetics plays a major roll

Good to read you GOM

5 Likes