OG Cup Challenge Idea šŸ†

Got no idea, let me check just nowā€¦ Okay back.

Well canā€™t really tell, the perlite is so white i canā€™t see any roots, i think i will be able to see when they reached the bottom but sofar nothing. I am spraying the rock with Bio Marine 2-3-1 @ 30% strengh, that should make up for something. I think.

1 Like

Ya I never tried this style of growing I think it would be hard , not familiar enough with perlite but my guess it has no CEC capacity therefore nutrients wouldnā€™t be to " hold on" to it. This might have to be a continuous fertilizer thing to do to get through to the end. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Yes, the hempy buckets with perlite and vermaculite are a hydro system. They will require constant feeding once they get their first true leaves Iā€™m still giving mine RO without pH correction. Will probably wait a few days before feeding anything.

My last round was using chemical fertilizers. By the end I was feeding 3x a day by hand. This time I hope to use my ferments the whole way through. Heck I may even pollinate one or two and make a few seeds. I think I have a seed making problem!

3 Likes

I am gonna spray the little rock cube and hope it drains down to the roots at the bottom, but when they reach the bottom they will have a little reservoir with nutrient water in it, lika an inch at the bottom or less, itā€™s a passive hydro set up. Here.

As you can see the little hole on the side of the cup allows water to drain and therefore all the remaining space on the top is air, while the below area would be the reservoir with nutes in itā€¦

1 Like

IPulling up a chair and measuring u cats up for the second OG cup challenge. Damn it, missed out this time. If all goes good for ya here, Iā€™m sure you will all be ready early in 2018ā€¦I will beā€¦Cheers!

3 Likes

Make sure to watch the Comp Thread, @Cannasaurusrex.

1 Like

Cā€™mon competitors, where your updates, itā€™s Sunday already and well, we need your entry my people! Before 7pm EST.

EDIT @ 5.53pm EST

Alright competitors, please donā€™t drop the ball. Make your entry b4 7pm eastern and keep on playing!

We are missing @Worcestershire_Farms @Growinnblowin @ryasco!

i didnt take a pic earlier ill have mine up in just a few hours after i get home an get back to internet sorry for the wait peeps

2 Likes

As long as itā€™s before midnight on the west coast, I think we will be good. Iā€™m getting confused with two threads though. Must be all this rosin.

2 Likes

your not the only one lol

1 Like

Looks like someone has taken the leadā€¦ WOOHOO!!!

1 Like

Itā€™s not so hard, one thread is to chit chat about the contest and the
other one for the updates, but donā€™t worry, iā€™ll keep it tidy. :wink:

is that allowed ? it says No roots can come out of the cup, no placing on top of other media.

1 Like

For now, yes. But we better put that in the cups soon, imho.

Air pruning technically is killing the roots before it can grow into anything and i donā€™t think a grate is media. I do think the competition is titled 16oz cup competition so think it should go in a cup sooner than later, in the spirit of fair competition.

Edit: Air pruning for a few weeks would hurt you in my opinion.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not happy about the lack of cup

1 Like

@Growinnblowin popular clamor has decided you need to put your plants in cup immediately please. All members are using cups so should you, thanks man. Please put them in a cup and change the picture of your entry, or add another picture with the rock on top of the cups my man, thanks.

I think you need to be more specific on the rules as to avoid misunderstandings.

1 Like

I thought it was pretty obvious my man. ā€œ16oz Cup Challengeā€ i mean, what more can you sayā€¦! I already asked our participant friend to rectify the situation, we donā€™t wanna start disqualifying people just like that, but @Growinnblowin will help us and get it right. I believe it.

Also, in order to respect the efforts of our fellow contestants, we are gonna move the deadline time to midnight on Sunday (9pm PST or 11:59 EST), to submit your entries, if you are one minute late, you will be disqualified. Letā€™s show some respect and fellowship to our participants, everyone is making an effort, little as it might be, so no posting entries late, thus disqualification.

3 Likes

I may get disqualified then, I donā€™t get to my garden until around 9pm PST. I think you need to chill with the deadlines at specific times, at least give us until 12 PST. This is supposed to be fun, not a job or responsibility.

2 Likes