OG Cup Challenge Idea šŸ†

Whatā€™d I do? Something about a trophy?

i was wondering where i heard starting 12/12 before preflowers could cause intersex or male flowers but it was @ReikoX who said it in his thread last night

I start all my seeds in 12/12 these days and donā€™t see a difference, still 50 to 60% ish females.

2 Likes

it must have just been bad luck. iā€™m of the belief seeds are predetermined sex.

1 Like

I believe it was Chimera who claimed the intersex thing. Someone on ICMag made the comment to me, but apparently quite a few people are having intersex issues with these seeds.

I believe that sex in cannabis is on a scale. Stress prevents the correct hormones from producing female flowers. Flowering early, light leaks, pH swings, over fertilization, over ripening, even chemical stress with silver solutions.

1 Like

Just looks like a little spray damage.

1 Like

in the last picture there is a big chunk out of one of the fingers. i keep finding fingers like that.

1 Like

The chunk of leaf missing looks just like damage I cause when I am not careful moving in and around containers.

2 Likes

yes it could be i damage them when they are smaller and dont really notice until it grows out! thanks for reassurance!

1 Like

Ya, it does look like a funny bite-mark too :laughing: . But itā€™s probably not caused by a pest. I cause similar leaf damage/deformation when I overspray with surfactant or oils.

But what if its a male on the outside .but deep down inside it feels like it should be a femaleā€¦ha.:joy:

2 Likes

The first male I ever grew out wanted to be female. I just randomly put it in a window sill. It started sprouting pistils.

Or was it a female showing male characteristics? :laughing:

so quite sure i have one confirmed female and 2 confirmed males at the moment. of course the most vigorous one of each strain is male. iā€™ve moved them to a spare area so i can harvest the pollen later.
the smaller c99 i believe i saw 2 pistils popping out. super excited for that today. the smaller blueberry was planted a week behind or so and is showing noothing so far. hoping it turns out female so i can hit each female with both pollens.

2 Likes

So, who else is still in this? @MadScientist, @Uncle_Al, @ryasco, and @legalcanada? Iā€™m just wondering how many seed packs Iā€™ll have to send out. Remember, I promised a 10 pack of Lowryder x La Diva to anyone who completed the challenge? Donā€™t worry, I have at least 1000 seeds :grin:

5 Likes

OH you shouldnā€™t have said that hereā€¦ LOL

Thanks man!

PS.: How long does it go for!?

2 Likes

lowryder is an auto right? joint drs lowryder?

2 Likes

Anything with ā€œryderā€ in it, is an auto, yes.

1 Like

Yes these are regular autos, the same seed stock I used for both of the party cup challenges.

3 Likes

It will be cool to see how the other guys treat them

2 Likes

regular autos as in non feminised? awesome!

2 Likes