OG love grow

Fighting humidity. As soon as the water runs out, it drops from 60 to 20 in no time. The one in the germ/seedling area which is ~4X3 is 1.5 gallon and needs to be filled 2X a day. I have a small house on IN the grow tent holding at 30%. Than outside that tent is a whole house. It keeps me running.

I was still able to get the 5 MMH and the Bubblegum sexed!
edit: Just took the samples and mailed.

10 Likes

That little and you know already

2 Likes

Hello brothers, I will accompany you too, I plant outdoors and I am migrating indoors so I can harvest the whole year.
I also got beans from Maui Mango Hase, so the learning is doubled …

I wish you success and thank you … *

*Google translator

4 Likes

Yep as soon as it starts the second set of real leaves I take the cotyledon and put it in the envelope and mail. It only takes 2 days after they get them to get results. With the mail situation getting them to the lab is the problem. I just sent the samples in yesterday, not got them back lol.

edited to add: The instructions say to take a 1/4" off the leaf (they would need to be older) I talked to Jackson and he said the cotyledon are good to use as long as still green. So I get a head start on sex, lol.

5 Likes

Wow, technology huh? Damn.

2 Likes

Here is the brother to it.

8 Likes

Nice! Are you collecting the pollen, doing a run or both?

4 Likes

I up-potted the Bubblegum to a 3 gal because I keep seeing transplanting can shorten there life so in she went.

14 Likes

I was planning to up-pot the 5 Maui Mango Haze but, I am missing some pots. I also am short as I have never had so many in 3 gallon at the same time.

17 Likes

13 Likes

owe you a like(s) are you using rice hulls? if so could you expand on that, only used them in fireworks…

3 Likes

Well, I use my spent mushroom substrate as a soil amendment, and it has about 8% rice hulls in it. They act to fluff the substrate, add a bunch of trace minerals, and act as a water reservoir. After the mycellium digests it I’m sure it unlucks a bunch of nutrients.

Its funny, in the 2 years I have been using it I have yet to have a portabella pop up under a cannabis plant.

8 Likes

I use rice hulls for aeration in the soil and on top help with cover for the cover crop and helping with soil not moving during watering. If you want more info talk to @ReikoX he taught me.

9 Likes

Cool thanks, its a good idea, its organic…it use to be pretty inexpensive for fireworks, probably same thing, doubt they treat it in anyway

2 Likes

I get mine from a brew supply house. Its like $35 for a 50 lbs bale.

6 Likes

ok thats about right considering the time diff, thanks!

4 Likes

I used rice hulls when I brewed beer from scratch. They are stiff and neutral and, when mixed with the other grains in your mash, it promotes easy draining. This is why it is useful in your soil - improved drainage, like perlite. I ran out of perlite the other day so my most recent batch of soil has rice hulls instead. So far, so good.

3 Likes

I paid $60 for the 50lbs on Amazon. We don’t have any brew shops in the area that I could find. My DD’d friend brews and he said he orders his so. I planed to split it with him but he got Covid and died. He was in his 40’s.

8 Likes

Try cap n cork homebrew supply. Its the closest to you I think.

And fuckballs. Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

I’m coming now, I may have lost the discussion …

My question is about the rice husk, I have enough husk available here. However, I use only the carbonized bark to improve the substrate …

I am in Brazil, here the rice producers use many poisons allowed and also brought illegally from Paraguay. Prohibited poisons in several countries …

Is the rice husk you use already sterile? Is it organic?

3 Likes