OG vs. ICMag cup? Is it possible?

Interstate movement is all taboo & whatnot :roll_eyes: but…

The other thought is just an OG cup. Judged by a panel of OG 1.0 heads gathered in a legal state in us/can.?

Record & livestream

Maybe the Potcast would finally admit overgrow is still alive.

:evergreen_tree:

21 Likes

Many members here are members of Icmag as well, my thought would be to be inclusive rather than make it a competition. Icmag has had a cup of their own for a while now though the events seem to be as popular as the community is at a given time in space. It’s definitely not as busy over there now as it once seemed. It was where a lot of the Overgrow refugee’s ended up. So as a fragmented community I would push for inclusivity and wholeness, rather than a competition between sites because it’s pretty much the same members across them all.

I think it could be awesome. Much love

14 Likes

I think it’s a really fun idea but with international borders and no finished products sharing policy I think it might be hard.

6 Likes

Could be interesting. I only recently joined ICMag to get involved in a BOG discussion, so I don’t know much about the place other than what I have heard from others.

It sounds like it could be fun but as already posted, it may be better to make it more of an inclusive event rather then a competition. :v:

11 Likes

Should I move this thread to private before Frankenstein starts growing?

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with an open discussion bud.

3 Likes

Also wanted to mention that I’d always wanted to attend the Icmag cup, especially when in it’s heyday, but the travel was always just a bit too much to swing. If there was an Overgrow cup or similar, and the event was more realistic for attendance I think it could be a great success for many members on the North American continent who have a similar sentiment. Much love

4 Likes

An OG cup would be incredible!
I love big picture logistics, so I’d be willing to offer some of my time with a team working on planning and execution, if the community is interested.
The international aspect is definitely a challenge.
Separate teams could organize their own event in their home country, but base it on a structure that we collectively generate here on the boards. Obviously anyone from any country could come participate in the party anywhere it’shappening, but international travelers wouldn’t be eligible for product submissions.
Edit: I just re-read earlier posts…I didn’t even think about the illegality of crossing state lines, in the US, with cannabis. Can’t see a way around that without asking people to take a big personal risk. Personal amounts are one thing, but enough for an event… that’s trafficking.
Still interested, just some obstacles to be creative with

12 Likes

@Esrgood4u fancy setting up the UK branch of the OG Cup competition.
Can just be me and you entering, 50/50 one of us wins it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :rofl:

But seriously, I think could possibly get Teeside cannabis club to host it over here.

:v:

4 Likes

I’ve been a member to both even back in the old Overgrow days, some ICMAG members say it’s not same as the old Overgrow…I still trade/give those ICMAG members without any restrictions…I’m actually getting some clone onlys and elite cuttings sometime when it gets cooler, weather wise…

5 Likes

An OG Cup, Hell Yeah ^^

3 Likes

It’s going to take at least a couple years for me to be ready anyway. :sweat_smile:

The forum rules basically forbid the whole idea & I wanna respect that while still floating the idea.

Another thought is: Forum Growers vs. Dispensary Retail :joy: Blind testing by some old OG podcasters.

'Guess I’m just tired of smoking my own weed. :blush: The Hawaiian rainforest & off-grid life have me producing some sub-mid boof & it’s been painful when I know I can ‘knock it out of the park’ with better conditions.

Thanks for all the input. :v:

8 Likes

Possible that federal legalization could occur, and take away fear of crossing borders by then! :+1:

3 Likes

Most of EU cups are managed in adverse conditions, with entries coming from everywhere. Without giving unnecessary details I’m just saying that it’s not necessary perfect and all square here, but still do-able ^^

6 Likes

ICMAG - not a bad site – joined it some 10 yrs’ ago - during that time it started to go down hill - but recently it has become a better site - nice to know/meat other members that aren’t in the US. BUT OVERGROW is better in my eye’s

5 Likes

Lots of non us members here @hawkman there’s a ton of Canadians that’s for sure.

I think that this is a cool idea, I’d be down to help in any way I can. I know the Canadian sector is quite strong here, IC as well. I more or less just lurk there, chime in from time to time have for years and years. Like RIU they aren’t where I frequent but valuable sources of info and where some friends choose to call home

5 Likes

Man - sure Glad that their are Canadian members (sure there are a lot of) been to Canada and Vancover some yrs ago - Great country Is Dr.GreenThumbs.com - are his strain popular their ? what is a strain that folks up north use (popular)

about a OverGrowCup - Yes !! There must be a CUP at Overgrow - details need to be worked out also this could increase membership !!!Hey Just one to see how it goes — judges ? (might be an issue)(qualification of)

icmag already has an international cup in amsterdam for 420. It has been going on for a lotta years except during covid. I doubt there would be much cooperation from Gypsy on a joint forum cup event but who knows. It was only recently that we were able to post names of seedbanks and other forums without the words looking like this “********” .LOL

I spend a bit of time there to connect with people I only know from there but it’s a lot less these days. Being part of forums has been a bit taxing for me lately but I try.
An OG cup would be cool but probably would only be suitable to US members as I am surely not sending flower across the border with the 14 year prison term looming over any canadian’s head who gets caught. I’m even seriously rethinking my seed making ventures as well. Lotta bullshit going around up here in Canada behind the scenes and I might just duck right on out of it.
Cups are fun and all but they seem to just bring out the worst in some people so I will decline

7 Likes

How about we all just show up someplace with a bag for a party and then take an informal poll?

11 Likes

ICMAG Cup in 2014. In other years my entries never made it. Shipping, especially internationally is not the best idea.

10 Likes