OGer, The Next Generation

Initially I was planning on just appending this onto OGer the Encore but the scope kept expanding, to the point it is best in it’s own thread.

Lets start with this:

I spent a ridiculous amount of time this summer trying to decide what to run this fall.

The problem was, I just wasn’t feeling a commitment to any of the plans I dreamed up… and they were good plans too… :wink:

Finally, after analyzing the why I came to the conclusion the issue was unfinished business.

I don’t want to ‘park’ the results of the OG Kush and Critical Kush on the sidelines and go on with new projects (just yet).

I promised to take a break from seed propagation this season, sooo…

The plan is to scope out what I have crossed in both the OG Kush and Critical Kush projects. I’ll start by dropping a number of seeds and eventually ending up with 5 or so girls that I’ll run as sinsemilla. This will give me a ‘good handle’ on how stable etc. the beans are as well as reloading some stash jars.

I’ll be fast forwarding through some of the boring bits of the early grow.

Cheers
G

109 Likes

I will be here watching. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

muppets-fozzie
Lurking again :slight_smile:

16 Likes

2 of my favorite kushes! Can’t wait to see what happens!

8 Likes

Count me in. :sunglasses:

2 Likes
 Yes (plus twenty)
3 Likes

You Know I’m in for this @Gpaw! :popcorn: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Here for the continuation of this OGer saga! Stoked to see what you get into here @Gpaw :heart::v:t2:

4 Likes

Ready to play…

9 Likes

16 Likes

You had me at “OGer”. :grin::v:

8 Likes

I’m excited to see these grown out! I got all boys this go around. ~sad trombone~

4 Likes

I’m setting the notification to stalk now.

3 Likes

Gotta keep them stash jars filled bud, will take a spot in the corner and watch the show. Best of luck with your run. :v:

8 Likes

Very interested in this! Sorry I never got back to you @Gpaw, but my broken leg sort of took over all priorities. I stll have your pollen waiting to get in the mail. I checked it yesterday. I packaged up some from both dads and put both in a bag with dissicant(sp?) and a few rice kernels in each pouch so I think it’s all still good. I keep it in a cool dry place and that seems to be enough. peace

8 Likes

This will be fun!

4 Likes

Late as usual, but, I made it. Gonna head to that far right corner, catch my breath, pay strict attention, watch you work your magic!!! Yeah, I might fall asleep, but at least I don’t snore. Continued success, enjoy the very best Holiday Season ever, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: NOTE: After the Giveaway is in the “Rear View”, your “FEM PACKAGE” will be dispatched!! :+1:

9 Likes

Gman! hows the leg doing bud?

That’s a heck of a thing to be dealing with especially this time of year.

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Let the Games Begin

I do selective breeding which allows me to check the progeny of the individual crosses. I also want to check the consistency/variation of each group as well.

To cover these requirements I’m dropping 3 groups of 6 beans from the OG Kush, 6 of the Critical Kush.

The previous OG Kush run was 2 males and 3 females. One female of the green pheno persuasion is not included as I was ‘not impressed’.

My nomenclature is a little convoluted so I’ll explain:

The two boys are identified as blue and brown (or Bl, Br for short)

The girls are BF1 and BF2 (or 1, 2 for short)

The cross BF1 x Blue is identified as 1Blx where x is the plant number (1 …6)

LOL. Clear as mud…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My germination protocol is a ultrasonic buzz and then a dunk in 1% H2O2 followed by a relaxing soak in Earthworm castings à la JohnnyPotSeed method until ready to plant.

Nov 20

Two days later…

Nov, 22

New stuff I’m checking out this grow is a special germination soil mix.

https://blackswallowsoil.com/product/seed-starter-mix-701

Judging by what I’m seeing I think I’ll reserve this mix for landrace Sativas that do not like an excess of nutriments. (definitely the wrong stuff for nutriment hogs… )

Once they pop they get their own personalized solo cup.

Nov 25

and all settled in

Dec 6

They are a ‘tad floppier’ than usual as I had the light intensity set low and they stretched a bit more than normal.

Cheers
G

33 Likes

Critical Mass x OG Kush

i making Critical Mass (peña cut) x Master Kush

10 Likes