OG Kush - The Original Genetics

Yeah, Jason King never got pure AAA, only a hybrid.
So it makes sense it didn’t look like the one in Cannabible

1 Like

Also can’t help but think that you could grow some Cambodian down in los Angela’s or Florida and get it to finish , it would also explain the seeds that would occasionally be found due to landraces tending to have more herm plants or bananas that form late in flower , there were always little immature white seed to immature to grow.
There was a crew that used to import tons of equatorial herb that got busted in 1989 they had ties to both los Angela’s and Florida. Maybe the original triangle plant they speak of was Cambodian and from the golden triangle not the emerald.

6 Likes

I tried asking Josh D is Emerald Triang had any sativa in it …no response

2 Likes

I’m not sure if josh ever saw the emerald triangle, the Florida guys say they don’t know what it was but that it came from some people who were no longer operating after 89, I’ve been told it was a stretchy floppy plant if I remember correctly I’d have to check back in older messages.
There were these cuban and Hispanic groups that operated from Florida to los Angela’s and had ties to medallion they got busted in 89 , a lot of big people went down that year, the emerald triangle used to come wrapped in newspaper that was from washington so they all think it’s from there but I think it was imported to Washington by boat and wrapped and sent out from there. They started doing drops on the California coast but once all the spots were hot they moved further and further north.
The structure and longer flowering times screams columbian/Jamaican or Cambodian influence of some kind.

5 Likes

i popped some og kush a cpl weeks ago from @Gpaw was wondering if you have ran these before or were they from a trade or co op on here. wanna see what im in for lol

1 Like

Congratulations!
There were a few folks who dropped some this year. Take a gander at @Weedison posts at the end of the first link below… He is ‘smacking it out of the park’. Feel free to post pics there as well, it just makes the thread even better.

Anyway to answer your question.

There was a co-op run a few years back, @Mongobongo was the grower and
I think this was an outside grow; that’s where the first pack came from. @Barefrog also threw me a pack, I believe he was the source for Mongo.

There is a more complete history at the top of this thread.

…and because I couldn’t leave it well enough alone, there’s this…

If you also got the Critical Kush pack, I have three of those on the go as well.

Cheers
G

16 Likes

thank you! i think i just have the og kush and the oger. i will skim those threads when i wake up and see how they looked and grew!

3 Likes

Orgnkid bred oger not ghost1 and ghost og is a clone only , that seems to consistently get mixed up in these threads.
I see a lot of people talking bout having og kush beans when what they have is oger , you can’t have beens of a clone only.

4 Likes

I don’t even get a ‘fuel’ smell, jet fuel, diesel or whatever. To me they smell like crushed stink bugs😂. I’m liking Hellfire OG atm, but it too has that chemical smell.

Vibes Co found a male in Bubba Kush to make Peyote Purple
So theres a small chance of getting a male in OG

But you’re right, must all the beans and males are actually OGer (OG x SS, right?)

1 Like

Yes but they named it something different, even if it was og x to a ogs1 male I would call it something else to distinguish it from the clone. There is already so much miss understanding around the line.

5 Likes

Got 2 localmotion OGs going now. So far so good there still small.

1 Like

Research indicates that for every 1,000 feet of elevation gain, the sun’s UV rays intensify by 8-10 percent.

Experimenting with varying levels of blue light toward the end of the flower cycle results in different tastes and smells, so it takes some trial and error to get your desired results. This is often how growers create unique strains.

Increasing blue light while your plants flower can definitely change the taste, smell, and potency. It’s a very effective technique for growers hoping to create unique strains.

Fun fact: Coffee farms will plant fruit trees etc between rows to get fancy flavors, takes a few years after planting. We still argue about whether this works with Cannabis. The Cannabis experts like Skunkman Sam say no.

11 Likes

Excellent point! :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

This is why I loved Mercury Vapor and love CMH lamps

1 Like

I’ve always been a hps guy but was thinking about giving the metal halide a try. I happen to have a new one and the spectrum has so much on the red end it’s very similar to a standard hps bulb.

2 Likes

Nice

Ive tried Super HPS too.
But MH just have that wider spectrum, and like you said, you can get similar levels of red, but still keep enough blue in there to make a special product

All of my best ID runs were with at least two different bulbs at the same time.
The best was MV, MH, SHPS all in a 4x4

5 Likes

I used to run the duel arc hps/metal halide bulbs with great results but they are not designed for electronic ballasts and are only available in 1000 watts. I have the 1000 watt ballasts still but don’t want to pay the bill , a 600 running at 75% is fine for seed making and pheno hunting.
I’m going to stick with the hortilux super hps , it puts out twice as many lumens as the halides. Maybe run a halide for the first week or two of flower, but I kinda like the stretch from with the hps and I hear halides reduce that .

4 Likes

Yeah, thats a definite difference between the two.

3 Likes

You know I grew some of my best product in a room with HPS and red and blue HO T5’s. I haven’t been getting as good as that in a while. :thinking: My T5 fixture blew both ballasts I guess, and now they’re going to discontinue T5, I think.

I need to go back to that type of setup.

3 Likes