So what will our plant become for pre rolled pack market?

So as Legalization on a Federal Level is now on the way

and my Uncle Andy here is sooo broke it hurts so they are talking

about recreational weed again

but if you are going to grow it to grind up like tobacco and package like

cigarettes

why grow a showy ass cola?

I know because you can :slight_smile:

why not plant it like any other row crop and do fast growing autos/feminized

plant like Wheat in warm areas two maybe three corps a year

I am just guessing that is why I am asking here because

someone has to be thinking about this also

so please tell me your thoughts

Dequilo

12 Likes

I figured they would just start selling the preroll packs at gas stations, and keep doing what they are doing, but who knows.

2 Likes

Big tobacco will do with weed what they did with tobacco. They will grow massive fields of it, harvest it, do an extraction on it, mill the plant material into sheets and then spray to extract back onto the sheets to homogenize it, the shred the sheets and roll them into cigarettes that will get you high.

4 Likes

Or add unneeded and unnecessary chemicals like they have done to cigarettes.

4 Likes

I think that we, as hobbyists, are far more interested in these things than your average consumer.

Nobody gives a shit what Brussels sprouts look like on the plant, they just care to eat them.

Same thing, most people only care that it smells good and gets them high. And maybe because it has a fancy well marketed name.

There will soon be big weed as there is big pharma but I will always be more like a farmers market. Expensive, but better quality and more variety. I don’t sell, but when I smoke my friends they are always impressed over dispensary bollocks. This pleases me. I could charge whatever I want. And people like the personal touch also I think.

But you’re right. 3-4 crops of autos a year is a good way to get more product out the door and help with bottom lines.

All the best.

10 Likes

Field grown for commercial grade extracts and commercial grade flower. Likely feminized autoflowers throughout the US bred for disease resistance and climate. Denser shorter for the dry west, looser and taller for the humid south. Dried in large barns, mechanized everything. Multiple harvests, but the nice thing is that pretty much anywhere is suitable, unlike a lot of crops. Wholesale would be pennies per gram.

Greenhouse for higher quality flower. Different grades, hand trimmed, machine, organic, small batch, specialty varieties as well as commercial. Likely a mix of photoperiod and autoflowering. Probably around $5/gram retail with tax figured in.

True indoor photoperiod and extracts thereof will be a specialty product. It’ll never go away, just creep to the margins. Profit potential goes down so a lot of people stop growing, but many more hobbyists carry on in the legal climate. Guys selling 2.5K lbs and $200 packs of seeds now water their plants with their own impoverished tears.

8 Likes

@vernal " Guys selling 2.5K lbs and $200 packs of seeds now water their plants with their own impoverished tears."

oh I should live that long :slight_smile:

all the best

Dequilo

5 Likes

I started gardening this year, and for the first time I saw a Brussels plant on a video, those things are weird! Dragon fruit, another weird looking plant lol.

4 Likes

There is a company here in Cali that sells $50 ounceses of pre ground material in a bag with papers. Just like the cheap headshop tobaco. When federal legalization hits those could become much less .
I fear the federal legalization will actually be a rescheduling to level 2 which will really screw up the industry.

2 Likes

Probably pesticide, herbicide and fungicide resistance too.

1 Like

Please educate me if I’m wrong, but why would they do this? Wouldn’t that essentially cut out the possibility of a federally regulate Rec market? That’s the bigger slice of the MJ pie. But again, I don’t have the strongest grasp on the subject of schedule and limitations…

2 Likes

Big pharma and the government have just been in bed together so long I can’t help but ponder the thought.
The government doesn’t need the money from rec weed they already have there hands in every working man’s pocket.

2 Likes

People that don’t go for pharmaceuticals the government could sell them alcohol and state sponsored booze rehabs…

1 Like

That’s nuts. I had heard of super low prices in Oregon, but here I am lucky to find a dispensary ounce for $120. (It can be done, I just might have to hunt through offer texts for a week or so) I hadn’t thought about the rescheduling though, that would be crazy, but I don’t put anything past politicians.

1 Like

That’s not common most prkcess are still really high for pretty mediocre buds but I saw that the other day and thought it was interesting. Looked somewhat fresh to unlike alot of the stuff on there shelves

1 Like

I feel like it would make more sense for them to invest in carts more for mass distribution. More control over the potency, longer shelf life. IDK. just a thought

2 Likes

Its gonna be vape carts, edibles, concentrates etc.
Sure some prerolls but not in gas stations or convenience stor at least not in the bible belt

1 Like

Frm what ive seen in Canada I believe most pre rolls are rolled w trim and shake and overpriced.

3 Likes

Like glyphosate tolerant? Maybe.

Big outdoor fields of plants for processing may not need herbicides/pesticides the way other crops do. For example, most fruit is heavily dependent on it since the average consumer won’t buy anything slightly blemished, but field grown hemp for processing won’t be as visually important. Prerolled bud and flower for prerolled will likely come pre-ground. They may even take hemp and spray it with extract.

Probably large scale CO2 extraction, cleaned with various processes to produce a white terpeneless extract. Big resurgence of hemp as a fiber/industrial/food crop. We’ll tell our grandkids “we grew pot when it was illegal” and they’ll say “quiet grandpa no one cares!” as we shuffle back to watch Seinfeld reruns on our visual implants.

6 Likes

roundup ready, terminator patented genetics and mad dog lawyers

this maybe the future

and the spray shit on hemp is a way to do per rolls

all the best

Dequilo