OMMA ruling about METRC

Any other Oklahoma growers getting any idea of what the heck is going on with the
new’ OMMA ruling about METRC? OMMA is requiring all licensees to go through this ‘schooling’ now…
We’re not out of business yet, just in the process of doing so but still under OMMA until we do, which is still going to be awhile this year. I was curious how everyone else is handling this?

2 Likes

Looks like a lobbyist hit ‘pay dirt’ and established a state wide monopoly for their client? …The right people got ‘greased’…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Are you selling and/or measuring product based in the imperial system or metric? I’ve never had anyone sell me smoke as “this is 0.125 of an ounce” - they say it’s an eighth but it’s still weighed and measured in grams, you know? Ever bought hash less than 1/8th Oz in anything other than grams? Hell, a gram of anything in imperial is like “0.03571428571428571”. Ugh… Makes my brain hurt.

I hated the metric system until I got into carpentry and acknowledged that I am a math illiterate. Like dyslectic with math or something. It is SO much easier to measure and calculate in metric rather than imperial. Same with weight - for me at least.

Only the US, Liberia and Myanmar measure in imperial units. The entire rest of the world uses metric.

8 Likes

Hey OldSSSCGuy, you’re on a different track lol. METRC is the new Seed-2-Sale’ tracking program that Oklahoma has ‘chosen’ to be the official program any Medical Marijuana licensed company is required to use.

5 Likes

All I can say is “oh motherfucking duh…”

Sigh…

6 Likes

metrc is the big money in cannabis… they have a ton of states under their control and keep adding as they lobby the state congress critters with all the money they make.

I have never heard anyone in oregon say something good about them.

3 Likes

yeah… a money maker for sure. for their corporation.

1 Like

I wonder how much they spend on lobbyists to control a state and how much they rake in?

A dirty business…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Hello there, watching thread, I was on the fence about going commercial, but with the new regs, I don’t know, I’m licensed both as patient and caregiver for another patient. My Ex Wife (back together) has her card too, so this address is licensed for 36 plants. I might just stick to that, maybe pick up another patient or two, leave the stress to the rest. Retired, Disabled Vet, Tulsa resident. Cheers to you and the Mrs peace

6 Likes

Fuck Metrc. It is useless plastic garbage that costs shit tons and is mostly just regulation theater. Fight it hard.

6 Likes

https://kfor.com/news/local/temporary-restraining-order-issued-against-oklahoma-state-dept-of-health-and-medical-marijuana-assoc-in-class-action-lawsuit/

4 Likes

awesome! extra chars

But, cannabis metrics are a thing and a lot of states require an implement of it. I know in Maine all plants have to be tagged and labeled. I don’t know if the state requires one program to do it all, but it needs to be identifiable upon inspection.

While I don’t agree with a monopoly mindset, I feel that each state should have its own system, run by its own app, and its own tags. Upon paying for your cultivation license you are given enough tags for the amount you’re allowed to grow at no additional cost to the cultivator.

If the state wants to have a system in place for registry, then the state can pay for it.

EDIT:

Nevermind, they got their greasy hands in Maine too.

in that link has this…

Dude that’s not a lot…honestly. I could fu**ing buy this myself just to watch the local trends.

Looks like I’m going to have to buy into it any way hahahahaahah

Although, I’m not selling? So what is the law LOL!

Found it

Guess I’m not forced.

1 Like

@Syn
So even personal use is monitored and seed origin is established (in Maine)?
Guess this is why I started hoarding seeds

4 Likes

Fundamentally, Metrc tagging systems are bullshit. No one has a RFID tag reader (at least in Oregon). The tags are held on by zip ties that could easily be cut and moved.

Other regulated industries do not need to do this (alcohol, tobacco). It simply isn’t a standard anyone should be accepting.

Its a money grab, with the only possible benefit being the companies making the money and the states trying to convince the feds not to enforce against legal states.

Fight it.

5 Likes

No only thing the state requires of homegrown is a makeshift tag on the plant, I printed off some tiny slips of paper and laminated it and attached it via zip tie.

But even then, I’m the only one following this that I know, everyone else doesn’t give a shit.

3 Likes

Hey you don’t know these bible thumping nutjobs. All it would takes is some message from god and the sheriff would leave his church and head for my house.

3 Likes

One reason why I’m glad I’m not in the bible belt.

1 Like

need to decriminalize, not legalize. legalization runs into the ‘grift’ factor of life. everyone wants to help with your cause, which in turn costs money, lots of money… usually starting out small, then getting larger as time goes on, and these people play both sides of the fence most of the time. my uncle and his ‘associates’ we’ll call them, back in the mid '70s up 'till who knows what happened to them all, discussed this constantly. everyone does fine, till any fuckin’ form of the gov. gets involved in your shit! then everything goes to hell I’m afraid.

regards,

1 Like

I have seen people say that going from medical to recreational ruined things…any opinions on that?

1 Like