Old Haze Seeds ID? Haze (FD)

Hey guys, its a long shot but i was going through my seed collection today and found some old haze seeds that an older dude gave me probably around 2004. He said the seeds were already years old at that time. They’re just in a clear plastic vial labelled ‘Haze (FD)’.

Anyone have any clue what these might be?

3 Likes

I would say those are original haze by Flying Dutchman (FD)

9 Likes

I was trying to think of older breeders with those initials, that makes sense. I wonder if the genetics are still the same?

1 Like

I would expect that the genes would be as close to original as possible given the timeline… you may have gold there

4 Likes

Ya this guy had lots of cool genetics and made a point to give me these because i love haze, so I always assumed they were something special. One day when I’m set up a little better I might try to bring them back to life and see…I never have good luck sprouting old seeds though

4 Likes

Theres all kinds of tricks nowadays, like fulvic and hummic acid, to side in popping of older seeds

1 Like

Ya I’ve been reading lots about it. I’ll practice on some less precious older stuff before i ever try these!

3 Likes

Definitely something you will need to do a seed run on, so were they fems or regs, did you pop them yet?

2 Likes

They must be regs, I’m pretty sure they predate fems lol. I haven’t tried to germ any yet, I’ve never been able to get any of my older seeds to sprout and I’d hate to waste these if there’s a chance. I’ll keep practicing with less interesting old stuff.

3 Likes

Maybe someone around here has some old seeds you can practice on. If you can try a few methods and get some confidence with it, you’ll be ready.

2 Likes

I’ve got plenty of randoms from around the same time. They’ve all been kept in relatively good conditions and at least some should be viable, but no luck so far I’ve probably gone through 20+ so far.

Any tips?

What method are you using to sprout ?
I’m a firm believer in a paper towel and zip lock baggie till you actually have a root showing .

1 Like

I usually just direct sow into coco, but with the older stuff I’ve tried paper towel, glass of water soak, direct sow…with and without heat mat.

Have also tried roughing them up with sandpaper and even clipping a small hole in the end of some. Not a single taker yet :thinking:

1 Like