Old seed bank catalogues

We called the flexible spouts used on gas cans “donkey dicks” when I was in the Army in the nineties. So that may account for a few of those mentions.
Also, I hit puberty around 84-85. Not saying thats definitely the cause of the spike, but it’s an option. :laughing:

5 Likes

I remember this article! I’ve read it a few times. Thanks for sharing @Mithridate !

3 Likes

Here it is in more readable form: 80's Story of Nevil's The Seed Bank

7 Likes

A flyer from Hemp works I saved from a trip to the Dam in 95…

I wish I had the balls to send this in, back in the day! It was a lot scarier back then I guess.

One of the first brick and mortar seed banks near me!

I think this place is still going!

12 Likes

Thanks Joe, somehow I went right by it in the first post.

@HydroPower did a great job transcribing those articles and catalogues.

I have a few more unreadable catalogues I started to make full typed copies of, it’s a work in progress :grin:

3 Likes

This topic seems like a perfect place to drop this document, every bit of info from the 2 old sites (rcmc/udg) pertaining to strain information was gathered and added to this compilation

RCMC_strain_guide.pdf (3.6 MB)

P.S. Always looking for seeds related to anything from those days. Pm if ya got some around.

3 Likes

Loving the Two-Tone front man endorsements from Hemp Works, if it’s good enough for the Skatalites and Bad Manners, it would probably work for me!

2 Likes

Anyone ever check out the vintage cannabis thread at icmag?

7 Likes

I realize this is not a seed catalogue. But this is probably the oldest literature I could find on cannabis. This book was published in 1887 - An illustrative and descriptive guide to American medical plants.

I like the ‘Cementer of Friendship’.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Boy was this right!

7 Likes

Emery was one of the first to sell seeds worldwide - believe he has been in jail but got out because of his business. _ thigs are OK now

3 Likes

too bad one can’t order from them today !!!

2 Likes

I will never ever forget the first big ‘Kid Rock’ song bawitaba. I was a teenager, they jumped a dirtbike over a dusty trailer park, and the eternal lyrics:

the northern lights and the southern comfort

NL5, and the whole idea of the NL program/line such a hall of famer. I’m a pampered 21st century homegrow guy with unlimited internet genetics, huge respect to the guys in the 20th century who moved the ball so damn much.

4 Likes

What a true statement… Those guys did so much.

The only thing I would say is the proliferation of indica around the world killed off or held back some beautiful sativas from Malawi, Botswana and even Colombia…

But people are putting the work in now and hunting down these “lost” varieties… And boy are some of them great!

5 Likes

Honestly that might be the definition of madness.

Sold for a crazy amount!

6 Likes

I know I just lost that bid I was the one that put in for $130 as my max bid like 30 seconds before it was ending and two dumb A**’s came and next thing I know it sold for almost $400 friken crazy!!!

3 Likes

It was at $60 this morning around 3:00 am I was the leading bidder, with my max bid at $100.05
Then I was out bud at the last 1:15 to go so I waited till the clock went down to 22 seconds and outbid to $130 and next I know it went for nearly $400! I wanted it badly! But not that bad :joy:

4 Likes

Honestly I think there was something fishy about that. That’s way beyond what it should have sold for… Similar ones have sold 150usd max and that’s almost treble for this… Which isn’t even in great condition.

I think you might get a second chance offer… Maybe people put in crazy bids to see how high other people were willing to go etc… Or maybe it’s a sign of the cannabis Revolution… Lots of people making mega money from bud at the moment and maybe they meet head to head and us mortals just get…fu**ed…

5 Likes