Old seed bank catalogues

Brazilian was one of those area clouded in mystery. I would like to see more work with that kind of stuff.

Korean was another area I would hear about, but doesnt appear much in modern stuff

3 Likes

The Kashmir lines deserve a lot more attention then they get also. I have a lolab valley that is supposed to finish in under 7 weeks that I feel will make a incredible breeding tool.

6 Likes

22 Likes

“Donkey dick” being used as a descriptor since at least 1991 is so funny

8 Likes

I doubt a lot of historic cannabis publications and seed catalogs are in Google Books, but the ngram shows that it picked up in published usage pretty dramatically around 1984-85:

7 Likes

Ghs 98-99

8 Likes

I’m more curious about what happened during the 1800s to cause Donkey Dick spikes. Hahah

4 Likes

So, I was looking at the references it found, and apparently the word donkey was interchangeable with donkey dick back then, since they had previously just called them asses?

2 Likes

Ah, a major improvement :grin:

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Sensi seeds 1994(?) In French mesdames et messieurs :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

That’s a great looking Mexican sativa plant. The Mexican genetics have been slept on for far to long and most are gone or contaminated now a days :pensive:

5 Likes

We called the flexible spouts used on gas cans “donkey dicks” when I was in the Army in the nineties. So that may account for a few of those mentions.
Also, I hit puberty around 84-85. Not saying thats definitely the cause of the spike, but it’s an option. :laughing:

5 Likes

I remember this article! I’ve read it a few times. Thanks for sharing @Mithridate !

3 Likes

Here it is in more readable form: 80's Story of Nevil's The Seed Bank

7 Likes

A flyer from Hemp works I saved from a trip to the Dam in 95…

I wish I had the balls to send this in, back in the day! It was a lot scarier back then I guess.

One of the first brick and mortar seed banks near me!

I think this place is still going!

12 Likes

Thanks Joe, somehow I went right by it in the first post.

@HydroPower did a great job transcribing those articles and catalogues.

I have a few more unreadable catalogues I started to make full typed copies of, it’s a work in progress :grin:

3 Likes

This topic seems like a perfect place to drop this document, every bit of info from the 2 old sites (rcmc/udg) pertaining to strain information was gathered and added to this compilation

RCMC_strain_guide.pdf (3.6 MB)

P.S. Always looking for seeds related to anything from those days. Pm if ya got some around.

3 Likes

Loving the Two-Tone front man endorsements from Hemp Works, if it’s good enough for the Skatalites and Bad Manners, it would probably work for me!

2 Likes

Anyone ever check out the vintage cannabis thread at icmag?

7 Likes