Older Packs & Older Regional Strains - How'd They Do?

YEPPERS MAINES. #1 cash crop for years forget potatoes unless your into Allens vodka

2 Likes

it’s in a tight group here in central Maine. I’m 15 minutes out of Burnham, …,been living here for 42 yrs. If ur in the area and know red eye from 95’ -96’to present then u know this it. I will gladly give u a cut in person…

6 Likes

Allen’s coffee Brandy…lmfao… all the big boned house wives drink it for days…

1 Like

Hmm, that’s a bit of a drive but I may make it out that way sometime. Make it a trip for that and to hit the ice somewhere maybe…

Looking at some property in greenbush on the penobscot river

Dam i am beginning to strongly dislike florida

1 Like

Wait, just checked, it’s like less than two hours from Portland to Burnham. Yea I might just make that trip sometime. So if you don’t mind, If I can swing out, I’ll let you know so we can plan it lol. Also, know any good ice fishing spots while I’m out there :rofl:. I’ll fish for anything lol, I’m one of the few in Maine that don’t just fish for bass or salmonoids.

3 Likes

Kind of a silly question, Is Isleboro afghani a real strain? I’ve heard the name mentioned in a Maine cartoon series, listed with MOB and Burnham Red Eye, but can’t find anything about it.

I’ve never heard of it bud. ,🤷… I will ask a couple people… I have 10 red eyes close to rooting … when they do I will reach out :pray: :pray::pray: have a good weekend

2 Likes

Same here i cant wait to get back doesn’t matter to me what i catch

1 Like

Oh wow, cool, thank you. I’m actually kinda hopeful that it is a thing, the cartoonist really seem to capture the essence of Maine :laughing:. I find the The pockets of local strains very interesting and would love to explore them. My experience with buds with any sort of names attached is very limited, just what ever my guy at the time has at the time. Of course anything they say is a name has to be taken with some skepticism, or since I’ve been living under a rock, never heard of it.

Hmm, this was supposed to have posted right after I read your response nearly a week ago…

Waiting for the ice to form, then hitting my favorite lake for rainbows :laughing:. A few years ago, my buddy caught (and released) a 26” male

2 Likes

‘This is not the same drug it was 20 years ago, when the Baby Boomers were all smoking pot in college,’’ said Dr. David Friedman, deputy director of preclinical research at the National Institute on Drug Abuse. ‘‘It`s like the difference between drinking a can of beer and 12 ounces of whiskey.’’

dude be trippin’ must not have been able to get anything but brick weed in HS wonder if he is the guy they sold a match box full of stems for $5?

4 Likes

… scare tactics…again

2 Likes

@Trich_house hey how have you been, it’s been a while. Hope all is well and just busy with holidays!

2 Likes

I was raised on the western slope of Colorado, there we had P.P, or paonia Paralyzer, it is purple kush originally from afgan. Im in Arizona now so hoping to get someone who knows of it to hook me up with some seeds.

1 Like

Trich_house I am growing a couple burnham redeyes I have from clones, they look just like your pictures and they are doing great , very interested to know more about this strains history , I remember smoking it in high school

1 Like

Hey Trick_house
Seen your pictures of Burnham red eye.
Have someone here in Maine by me who got an old pack of fem seeds.
Was thinking of growing it this summer.

How is its mold and disease resistance?
Finish ok in cool temperatures? Low to mid 50’s
About when does it finish in Maine?

1 Like

Would love a cut of Burnham red eye! I’m up by Fort Kent but I would make the drive. Wanting to start grows inside in May to plant outside.

Hello fellow full time mainer here! I’d kill to get my hands on some of those Burnham red eye seeds, I had the luxury of smoking some back in the late 90’s. However I should would love to grow it now that it’s not illegal in Maine to do so. Great pics!

1 Like