OleReynards Shanty Bar 2021

Hey rey rey, are we looking for anything particular in the Mother’s Milk? They’ll be wanting another pot in a few days. I’ve been able to take them outside every day for a week. About to go back to some nights right at freezing.

6 Likes

Just let them do their Thang.
It was all good, that’s why it was so rare popping beans and not a loser in the batch.

My f2’s sounds to be the same.

8 Likes

Weds, work day then off for 4.
Cannot forsee adding to my workload, therapist said wouldn’t be a good idea unless I had too.

Garage about done we got 4 days of rain coming in so they beat ass and all but the front got done.
Looking good.

Maintenance crew can come in put my dock in and do spring clean up.
Already picked up dog shit.

Neighbor selling his house moving back to Alaska could’ve bought that 5 years ago for 45k asking 200k not worth it.

Getting ready to make salve all oils ordered, have standing orders for this great stuff.

Just a bit of a heads-up these Grendel are looking to be very nice gear, can see why Mota wanted to reproduce this line.
The SBR and the one 8813 also very nice.
There will be a few beans available of these like I said very limited and a piece of the earlier past.

The blue in the blue moonshine definitely showing, just awesome looking plants.

Not a bunch happening in the Cali Indy camp don’t confuse with cali yo, this is cali yo’s mother I’m dealing with here.
I have started getting pollen as of last night.
@Foreigner

15 Likes

Sounds like a whole lot is happening in the Reynard camp.

I was looking at real estate myself and the only words were “holy shit.”

Always thought the cigarette butts that show themselves after a snow melt were just as gross as dog shit.

I’m excited and appreciative.

5 Likes

20 years before I was born lol

5 Likes

If you get enough and are able to share, I would love to be able to look through Grendel again at some point. No worries either way. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

3 Likes

Got ya covered
Just using a q tip and one bottom branch I get over 500 beans.
I dont see any advantage of flood pollinating whatsoever.

12 Likes

Hey old man! @OleReynard Hope you’re having a good day. How do you collect pollen? I’m looking to learn something here. Thanks!

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

6 Likes

Working right now be back in later

3 Likes

To answer your question, Mr Older than Me.

I just don’t care for pollens going everywhere if you were to use a flashlight when you got all that pollens flying threw the air you’d see why.
It’s not good for you or your personal environment.

I remote the males to another space under some old shit ass flouros.
I use one of them pudding cups place under the individual flowers, give them a tap and pull the bloom.

The flowers still have pollens on them till they dry a tad bit more it will fall off on the swirl.

I might loose a bit of pollen this way but I also get all the pollen i need in a controlled situation.

Just leave it in the cup if ya swirl it like panning for gold the flower material stays to one side and pollen on the other side.
Easy way to clean out the veg mat.

17 Likes

Thanks @OleReynard. So you just get what you need then immediately pollinate select buds or branches? Do you store it or not? I have an isolated 2x2 tent I’ll use. When is the best time to pollinate buds? Young?

image|nullxnull

6 Likes

I believe the cali indicas that I have are mostly Hashplant.
The cali orange girls I’ve had from long ago were lanky the orange smelling ones anyway.

So if there’s something there I will be breeding the best looking Grendel to some some Hashplant males. These would turn out to be like:
(XXX moonshine x 8813) x Sensi HP

Maybe even a
Bares 8813 x HP
Blue kush x hp

8 Likes

I like them the size of med popcorn buds.
I pollinate once is it with a q tip.

Do I store it, normally not.
I get enough for my use and I let it be known this time there could be a little of this HP, not to be confused with 8813 available.

8 Likes

Thanks man. I like that. Milk the fuckers to get what you need then trash the lot. :grin:

Peace…

4 Likes

So do you use a paper bag to isolate those branches or whats your method Ole Rey? Ive always done open pollinations but im trying to be a bit more selective this time around…

4 Likes

Nope just entirely different room, no air flow.
It’s not branches it’s individual flowers.

Whenever I used to flower my eyes itch and nose fills up sometimes not even feeling the best and it happens at flower time.
So @oleskool830 yep get what I want and get.

@BDGrows it’s all lined out up above.

6 Likes

Just off a bottom limb with a q tip one time

26 Likes

Damn!! I will have to try your method when I make seeds for the first time. Appreciate the knowledge you drop!

8 Likes

Came here to get learned, parking my self over their in the corner. Need to adapt some of your great methods to improve my methods heading forward. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

7 Likes

No sense in waisting a whole plant when you can do this, realitively positive there’s a thousand beans there in fact.

8 Likes