Strain recommendation request for chronic pain sufferer

Hello everyone.

I am looking for strain recommendations for a patient suffering with chronic pain and gut health issues, this individual is 57 works 7 days a week, currently is doing lots of drywall and sanding work and looking for recommendations of strains to try to manage his pain levels while still being able to work and think clearly, something that won’t leave him tired.

This individual typically grows his own medicine, but is currently out till his next crop and he does not know the strain of what he smokes. Just has seeds from a strain that works for him.

With your recommendations I am going to the reserve near me to purchase a gram of any kind available that you all list. If one works or more I’m going to secure the medicne this individual requires.

The strains I currently have don’t provide him the relief he is looking for or messes his head up too much

Your help is greatly appreciated by me and this individual would be very thankful if we could find something that works for him. Thanks in advance from both of us.

8 Likes

Not so much a strain answer, but a dosing answer - edibles. They kick your ass for extended periods of time. Only downside is that they take awhile to kick in. No bother, just smoke an Indica joint.

I wouldn’t do this while working during the day, but for an after shift come down.

Best of luck and all the best.

1 Like

I’m growing Romulan by Romulan Genetics for pain treatment with no paranoia, they are just in the flower tent so no review but I did a lot of research for medical strains and I’m hoping this is a knockout for my back pain and PTSD

6 Likes

Send me your addy and i will send you some pain cream and some beans i made hi thc/cbd. Pain sucks especially when you have to work thru it.

11 Likes

I appreciate that, I am in Canada though. I understand that may be an issue.

1 Like

No worries

3 Likes

A 57 year old drywaller working 7 days a week…
CBD gummies for sure. :+1: :+1:

PM me if you need CBD seeds.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Wakeford is a good one trying to find it as we speak :slight_smile:

seeds will be the death of me :frowning:

2 Likes

I have written down the Dr. Seedsman you previously recommended for my father I havnt been able to get any yet. But they are on my list. This individual isn’t a big fan of edibles, I have been trying to get them to try some but they fear being high all day from them. Cbd edibles might be a good suggestion to try. Thanks Gpaw.

2 Likes

I will keep my eyes open here in Canada, if I find some I will find out a way to get them too you.

Thanks I will write this strain down and see if I can purchase a sample. Thanks very much.

@Chronickyle they are in Canada

https://nextgenerationseedcompany.com

these people where Federation Seeds I believe and the breeders of Romulan

I grew their BC Big Bud and Texda Timewarp back in 2003 and I cannot say enough about their work

I have their Island Sweet Skunk going from old stock hope for good things

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

2 Likes

That’s the point though, right? I moved to mostly canna caps, every 3-6 hours to manage anxiety and IBS. Very consistent, I don’t notice exactly I’m high at all, although there are moments. It’s finding the right dose, which IMHO is way easier ingesting it. That said, everyone reacts differently.

I haven’t found a lot that helps with pain, especially in the gut, that isn’t going to couch lock you. What’s the terpene profile of his strain like? Maybe we can narrow it down that way as to what works well for him already.

I don’t see Wakeford in their list at the moment.

1 Like

I’ve suggested to this person in the past to try edibles but they are hesitant based on previous experiences of being too high. He claims he is hyper sensitive to Marijuana ever since being prescribed the drug Lyrica over a decade ago. He no longer takes any prescription drugs since he refused to take the prescriptions they removed him from the pain clinic program. I have offered him edibles even in micro doses but he also fears eating something out of his normal do to when he does this he says he is unable to go to the bathroom. He has a lot of fear due to the pain he has endured. Doctors gave up on this guy years ago I’d like to try to help as he’s my father’s friend and has similar problems I don’t know much about his strain he says its earthy I assume the blue velvet I am growing will help him, as it helped my father with similar problems.

4 Likes

not from them but for the Romulan :slight_smile:

Wakeford 1.0 was Reeferman Wakeford 2.0 is someone else

be safe

Dequilo

1 Like

Well, vegetable gelatin capsules and coconut oil did alright for me and I have a touchy stomach. He could try a capsule filled with just oil, then he can see if it would bother him without also worrying about the high. Anxiety and pain are a vicious cycle, one that too many are fed into by our poor attempt at pain management. CBD will certainly help mitigate some of the more “high” effects of the THC, could even try very low THC strains. There is more to this plant than just the high, a lot of helpful medicine comes from cannabis, and it’s easy to accommodate your needs as a patient.

4 Likes

Here’s the deal - no one can truly tell you that. Why? Everyone is different!

…I’ve had cultivars for the exact same ailment as a friend, and the strain the works best for him 7 times out of 10 makes my pain worse.

What I would recommend is going to the store, and getting 5-10 separate grams of things you believe may help you. It helps to be able to smell the product before purchasing.

You can also go and seek out strains similar to yours… ie: is your strain a strong peppery citrus strain? Maybe it has caryophyllene and limonene. Well, seek out other strains that have these terpenes/smells and you may get somewhat similar effects.

5 Likes

I know “SecondGenerationSeeds” is a legit old school dude. I haven’t heard of next generation, but it’s always super sketchy when a site has a huge selection of old school rares, and they’re not from different breeders. Possible yes - but it really makes me question the true lineage of them.

If you’re looking for Chemo - you want wood horse or original reefer man.

I’m not too sure where to get “Real Original” Romulan, but I grew out some of AKBeanBrains and his is pretty damn nice!

2 Likes

I hear you I have a Vintage Lime that is Woodhorse :slight_smile:

they were Federation before they got dropped back in 2000 or 2001 than became

Next Generation as I recall but @OleReynard would be the authority

for me too many miles on my fuzzy brain

grow well and be safe

Dequilo

2 Likes