OleReynards Shanty Bar 2021

Good luck today G!
It’ll be a bit before shallows to warm here.
Snow in the forecast for the next couple days.
We have some of our deepest wettest snows in April that and usually begin of Nov.

Hopefully dock goes in towards end of next week, tooner shortly after, after I get some tie downs for it.

8 Likes

For the few who were taught by the old and carry on the same mentality they’ll keep it alive; but a lot weren’t and simply don’t care about the “old ways” if you will… I, unfortunately, think that a lot of the old genetics are going to disappear as well as a lot of the history, tips, tricks, and techniques. Its a shame, but, while the old heads are still around, I try to suck up the info like a sponge and read and ask questions before they all finally decide to pack up.

14 Likes

That’s my feeling about elders in general. A few people I knew in the last ten years that were pretty old, and had so much history in their brain, would talk a lot about things back then, and i realized that once they die the secrets are gone forever. And, now they are gone, and I still have so many questions.

I tell everybody to befriend older people and talk to them as much as you can, now. They hold so much valuable information.

Knowing about how people learned and dealt with issues in the past can be invaluable to anyone. And, no matter your age, we all continue to learn to the end.

10 Likes

Damn well said my friend! @GMan

Peace…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

10 Likes

biiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIG toke. ahhhhhhh, thanks! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Mods, close this thread down.

Thank you

5 Likes

Closed. Let us know if you want to re-open your thread at some point in the future.

Hey all,

I am a lifelong atheist but I somehow ran across this excerpt from the Bible. While lamenting over OleReynard’s departure it seemed rather serendipitous. I’m sad about it all. Went to smokers lounge and that made it worse. Maybe it’s me. Too many drugs in the 70s possibly. Onward! Follow me thru the fog.

Immaturity is given a place of prominence, while maturity is made to take a backseat. I’ve seen unproven upstarts riding in style, while experienced veterans are put out to pasture.” Ecclesiasetes 10:5-7.

WTF?

12 Likes

Facebook, Instagram, growing forums, meditation apps without the Buddhism.

An old hippy would probably say that the commodification of the counterculture is complete.

10 Likes

How’d you get in? LJ leave the key under the mat?

I love that Bible quote, never heard that one, but I suppose human nature hasn’t changed much in the grand scheme of things. Rotten from the start.

Where the hell has Motz gone? I need to ask him about phenos. I suppose fishing has started and I can’t blame him there.

10 Likes

I don’t know. They closed his thread at his request but I wasn’t finished. :laughing: fishing sounds good though. We’ve got some cool weather going on, maybe I will. Gotta cut the grass this weekend but that won’t stop me. I saw in the paper that a high school girl caught a 40# catfish on the north fork of the Guadalupe River. Used a live perch for bait! Let’s go!

9 Likes

We were able to reopen after the governor opened shit up.
Alot has happened mom losing blood doctors can’t find why or where.

Son went thru a month of covid in the hospital and 9 days in an induced coma.
He’s doing fine now.

Went in for my 6 month check up and vampire letting, everything remained the same except cholesterol a bit high.
This doc dont seem to be as concerned about my numbers. I feel he’s inclined with my doc from where I used to live.
Contribute alot of it to white coat syndrome.

Other than that shits just whinding down on this end.

18 Likes

!Grendel

26 Likes

Sorry for your troubles man but am really happy to hear your son came through ok in the end.

11 Likes

If they haven’t already have them check her colon. My dad was loosing blood there, got very anemic, and almost died from it before they figured it out.

Glad you soon is recovered, and that your your new doc isn’t as concerned about your numbers!

7 Likes

That Grendel looks good

5 Likes

Damn man, life can be harsh, huh? Hope they get your mom straightened out.

That Grendel is a beast. I’m not familiar with it.

My Mother’s Milk are abut 3 weeks in and looking nice. One is throwing pink pistils. They may be the last ones I try to flower till fall. The top where the new leaf growth starts was really cool with really fine double serrated leafs. They looked like zipper edges. peace

10 Likes

They went up and down, nothing

5 Likes

ORafunk

Very impressed by this very nice one hit shit.
Good producer 2-3 zips out of my SOP.
And I don’t go to near the extreme others do on here.
Kept the diesely skunk, nice combo.
First hit automatically feel in the eyes and a smile is instant.
On inhale lungs expand and cough is unavoidable.
And then shit isn’t even close to dry or cured yet.

This is the first What they call RKS skunk hybrid that is being offered out of our stinky girls

22 Likes