Omg Zippers are impossible

Just great! 1 hour to lights off and the zipper on my room door fell off.

I have been trying for some time now to put it back on with zero success. I don’t have the skill or

even close to the patients to get this thing back on.

The fact I actually have a 2nd zipper is of little solace, for my panda film is actually tucked and

built-in under the trim, I framed the door with. I have no extra panda film well other than overlaps

in the room. Now guessing got to cut that extra over lap and re-panda my doorway I guess. It sucks.

so I guess this is a warning, this is something that can unexpectedly happen to throw a monkey

wrench into your light schedule and day. MY FREEKIN NERVES WITH THIS ZIPPER…JUST ZIP ALREADY lol

3 Likes

When you say “fell off”, what fell off, the zipper tab to operate the zipper or the zipper head that allows you to open/close the door?

3 Likes

I hear you for sure. I keep an extra supply of zipper pulls, stops and peel and stick zippers on hand as well as peel and stick Velcro.
I built my rooms from panda film and zippers.
It does take patience to fix. Making sure to have extra panda film is also key for anyone doing their own construction.
Any pics might help with potential solutions.

3 Likes

I was on the phone went in the room ( opened the zipper) 10min later i went to close the zipper it was on the floor. next to a small silver stopper I am guessing.

Duct tape or foil tape it shut for now. Fix it after lights come back on.

7 Likes

Yes the zipper assemble I bought came with 2 thankfully. Panda is not cheap, i would love to have tons of that stuff. I am contently re configuring areas. I am not a cell guy so I am not a camera guy I guess. my last cell I bought used 10 plus years ago camera just recently stopped working. Sorry, appreciate it thou.

1 Like

I was bummed out cause I am out of duct tape, just tuc tape but now mention it, i have a tool tub some where with foil tape. wait it lets light through, I tried it on my venting saw it bleed light so I order white duct tape and ran out.

1 Like

I remedied the problem. Thanks, everyone.
I took the trim off that was around the entry door to the room put a piece of Panda across with a new membrane zipper… The door-sized panda piece I needed, I heisted from the wall. The wall is white I mainly use it to guide warm air towards the fan. now I have 2 layers of entry. a sheet with a broken zipper and one with a working one. Plants can sleep now the work is done. ( Male and Female Friesland)

7 Likes

sounds like safety meeting time

3 Likes