Once You Go Black You Never Go Back

Up date on the Black Creams, they are starting to show pre flower development, and over all seem healthy…

3 BC in 3gal air pot’s & to the left behind the BC are the two KSC2020.
up front left you can see some 98 Sour Diesel and Acapulco gold, back right is OTTO2 and Gobstopper.

Here is a close up of one Black Cream, you can see pre-flower if you look close…

Well that’s it for now, will get more pic’s in a bit…

Peace…

6 Likes

Up date on the Black Cream’s and KSC2020. BLKC are doing great I think, gave them a top dress of Nutes yesterday and BLKC3 is standing tall.
Took cutting from KSC2020 1&2 a week or so ago, then they were put to flower three days ago. Let’s hope for fem please, lol…

BLKC3 front & BLKC2 back

BLKC03

Thanks for stoping by

5 Likes

Pictures got love them, all done with my phone camera on this round.
So the Black Creams are at 38 days now, I think they are looking pretty good…

First up we have BLKC1 front left in 3gal air pot.

BLKC1 Close up…

Next we have BLKC2 and she is starting to show her colors…

BLKC2 Close up’s…

Next we have BLKC3 What a little show pony this one is turning out to be…

BLKC3 Close up…

Thanks for checking the grow out and @Nagel420 do BLKC seem to be on track from what you can tell by the photos?

6 Likes

Absolutely! Just you wait and see how they fill out! Looking REALLY good :slight_smile: They have some nice height so far and will still add some more I am sure… Those side branches make nice nugs too, really not much I would call larf and I didn’t trim any lowers at all… They just chunk out as well :smiley:

2 Likes

I have no plans to trim or take anything off the plants, I cant wait until they fill out some more it will be nice indeed…

1 Like

So a little up date and question for @Nagel420.

I feel that the BLK Cream’s my be fading a bit to early if not a nutrient def or burn.
so a bit of history on the ladies. On Jan 21st they were transplanted into the 3gal air pots, using this

The only real change I made in the soil mix was to use a blend of coco and sphagnum peat moss.
1 part coco to 2 parts peat moss. Everything was going fine in veg as you can see in the photos above.
On Feb 9th I gave the plants a top dress of

Down To Earth Nutes
VG 4-4-4 @ 2 tbsp
Bat poop 7-3-1 @ 2 tsp
Bone Meal 3-15-0 @ 2 tbsp
This was for each plant and watered in.

My last post was on the 15th and the ladies are looking really good.

On Feb 19th I thought I would feed for the last time and gave them

Down To Earth Nutes
VG 4-4-4 @ 3 tbsp
Langbeinite 0-0-22 @ 3 tbsp
Humic Acid @ 3 tsp
This was for each plant and watered in with 16oz comfrey solution (3oz comfrey tea to 1gal water) & 16oz water. I may have fucked them up with this second round of Nutes…

And here they are now.

Thoughts all and anyone…

2 Likes

Not enough compost.

Coco is useless in living soil.
Peat is barely alive but ok in small amounts.
It’s microbial and fungal activity that makes everything happen and there’s not enough of that going on.

I don’t even use pumice or vermiculite or anything like that.
It’s a waste of space unless your climate is extremely humid.
If you’d sow in the same pots over and over, then the roots from the previous grows do what vermiculite does but much better + actually providing nutrients.

But first I’d remix your soil after harvest.

I’d say use at least 80% pure compost and go from there.

Not much you can do at the moment apart from topdressing fresh bananapeels and kitchenscraps maybe. Fresh stuff that is still alive.
Powders and other stuff from bags (apart from compost and good soils based on compost) or bottles is dead, organic or not. Pointless if your soil is barely alive, not enough microbes and fungi to break it down and pass it on to the roots.

Also look into nitrogen fixing cover crops like vetch for example.
The more stuff you have growing at once the better.

1 Like

Probably over fed, that coots mix has more than enough nutrients for an anual like cannabis.

2 Likes

@Rogue , I have not really started per say with the living soil, the Coots mix is were I am at for my start on this path. Ya I figured that the coco was not the best, but I had some laying around and said what the fuck as I am still on the learning path I’ll see what will happen. I would love to add more compost, but I don’t have enough as of yet. I started my compost bin/pile last summer adding my grass cutting, leaves (a lot of oak) that take a long time to break down, and my kitchen scraps. I am hoping to take use of some of the compost this spring/summer.I would prefer not to have to buy compost, but I may have to until mine is ready. I’ll get their one day, it all about time…

@ReikoX the more I think about it you are right about the over feeding. With that said I have been wondering about how much nutrients a plant uses up in let’s say a one gallon pot of soil over a month/weeks/year, I know that this somewhat subjective as each plant is different, but it seem like there would be an average maybe. If using a 3gal pot or larger it would seem that you have more nutrients for a plant to work with, but you also have the potential for a larger plant/root base that would use up maybe the same as if in a 1gal pot? So I guess what I am getting at is I am trying to figure out my feeding routine. So far it’s been nothing in veg, but was thinking that I may need to add a bit for the flower stage, but looking at things now I maybe not and I should have just LTFA…

1 Like

I gotta agree… I have adjusted my feed to be 1/4 the recommended rate of nutes for my autos, and they seem to like it. Full strength I was burning everything, half strength mix still was burning leaves. 1/4 strength seems to work for me. (used FF nutes, the “trio”)… Autos seem to be far more sensitive to high nutes than photos are.

How tall are the girls? They look over 24", pushing 30"?? The nugs are lookin good and will only fill out on the stalk and get fatter…

3 Likes

@Nagel420 Man I wish they were 30" tall as of now they are sitting at 18" and I figured that’s because they are in 3gal pots. For the nutrients I used the lowest amounts from the recommended package instructions. With the nutrients be solids, doing a flush would probley be a mote point and do more harm to the plants than just leaving them alone? One day I will get large plants, I just need to learn some more and I will be able to grow like the rest of ya… I hope…

Nutes being solids like Osmocote? or mix?

If its mix, just mix one gallon at full strength, split that among 4 x 1g milk containers, dilute / top each off with water, check pH and adjust, and you now have a 1/4 strength mix in 4 x 1g containers. I’ve used the packaging recommendations as a starting point. My photos here are ok at those doses but the autos not so much.

You could do a flush, shouldn’t harm them. I had to flush alot in my first run as I dialed in nutes and finished ok. I also had a soil mix that was way too wet back then, so flushing was not as easy either.

Edit: ya didn’t hit them too hard or too early with the heavy nutes either… When that happens, your girls will be REALLY short (I have 5 here that are 12-16" tall because of an overdose of P/K in week 4). That overdose absolutely stunted them… Your girls are taller than my stunted ladies, so ya got that going for ya…

I have been using the Down To Earth solid nutrients, in my soil mix and did not use any extra/top dress until a week or so ago. I should have just left them alone, lol… I want to get away from using the package nutrients and as I learn more about KNF and other organic methods I will get there one day soon. For now I am just going to leave them alone and see if they recover some or reluctantly accept their environment, lol…
As I am not a yield guy, having smaller plants is not the end of the world, but one day it would be nice to get that 2 litter Coke bottle top cola…

ok, so solid in the soil, I don’t think a flush would do much, most of whats solid / added to soil takes more to break down than 1 flush (if it was a mix that was watered in, you can water it out too). Your nutes are similar to Osmocote, and would take many flushes to dilute IMHO.

That being said, these plants might really like KNF or Living Soil techniques. I just haven’t gone totally living soil yet, but plan to play with it soon enough!

1 Like

I think your soil is dry too. Every pic looks reddish brown. I run 50/50 promix and coco. My mentor told me that he doesn’t think that you can overwater plants once the roots are established. I’d say 80% of the time my soil is dark and wet on top. The plants like it so far

1 Like

That depends. Mine looks like that on top quite often, but with a soil moisture meter I can see that its perfect just a few inches down. Buying that moisture meter REALLY helped me figure out when things need water…

And depending on the mix, I believe you CAN overwater plants. If you have a good draining mix, its very hard to overwater, thats true, excess will just runoff… But if you mix your own like I do, and you are a little heavy on compost / soil, and light on the perlite / coco / peat, you can make a wet mix that doesn’t drain well, and overwatering WILL show up in the plants and can eventually kill them.

2 Likes

Hi @Nagel420, what moisture meter did you get? Would you buy it again, and what does one look for in choosing one?

I’m still old school, just push my finger down soil and if it’s moist at the second knuckle we’re still good.

1 Like

This is the one I have…

Amazon.com: SONKIR Soil pH Meter, MS02 3-in-1 Soil Moisture/Light/pH Tester Gardening Tool Kits for Plant Care, Great for Garden, Lawn, Farm, Indoor & Outdoor Use (Green) : Patio, Lawn & Garden

the pH meter is not that great. keep it clean with a scouring pad for better results (and dont leave it staked in a plant). The light meter is ok I guess. neither pH or light sold me on the unit, I mean, decent pH meters cost 5x as much… but for soil moisture, its decent…

Moist at the tip of your finger, while pushed into the soil to your second knuckle actually matches the midpoint of the “moist” reading most times, so that also works. But not as easy to show someone cause most think moist is dry still… I used to myself…

2 Likes

Ya I use the finger and pot lifting to see if I need to water. When I started out I watered to much, now I let the plants tell me when they want water by when I see the leaves starting to droop a little and this has worked well so far. Plus I feel by keeping a little dryer on top can help with pest, molds, etc.

A moisture meter could also help and it would not hurt by any means and I may get one day.

1 Like

up date on the Black Cream’s

As of now two have been put to the drying tent this morning and one more to go but she needs a day or so. Black Cream 1&3 were 53 days at harvest. 50% amber/milky trichomes, can’t wait to give them a taste…

BLKC1

BLKC2

BLKC3

Check back in a day or so for up dates on BLKC 3

4 Likes