One grow space.. can I constant reveg indefinitely?

Is this possible? Keep revegging after harvest with regular strains? I only need 3-5oz a year, and anticipate 1-2oz per harvest in a spacebucket.

There is also coildial silver, light stressing, monster climbing, tissue harvesting, ect but I need a simple quick method to either keep this plant going without a secondary chamber for clones/or someway to do seed production without a male…

2 Likes

The answer appears to be yes.

2 Likes

re-vegging is so slow - I’d rather just start new seeds up.

3 Likes

Just go slightly larger. In a 2x2x3 box with some cheap cfl lights you can grow a qp of top quality. Then you only need to harvest once a year and but worry about constantly revegging et

1 Like

I have never revegged before… how long are we talking?

Yeah it would be easier. I’m just hooked on this super micro phase, since I consume so little.

Was going to copy this “cute” box with domeless screw in leds but eh, so much watering, time building the box, ect

Any insight to this perp style vs just revegging and pulling clones off that?

Currently running a single 5 gallon bucket, 1 gal coco with a blumat jr xl, and 3 - 15w led bulbs with a 80mm pc fan sucking through 2 thick sheets of carbon. It’s so simple, but it works. I’m just trying to find that perfect grow cab, box, Rubbermaid ect that looks stealth and can produce in a .50sq or smaller area, and can be continued over the year. I am moving to wa in 4 months… but stealth is still good. A 5 gal bucket in the closest is not the most stealth either.

Damn, wish I only smoked 4 or 5 Oz a year… I need to grow 4 lbs a year just for me…:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

Dang man. I am using 0.5g-.75g a day with a magic box, and It takes away the worst lower back pain. This is with terrible stuff (old bud) not fresh homegrown

Few probs with re-veg:
-Takes longer: Sometimes a few weeks, sometimes never (for me)
-Bugs: You don’t get a chance to clean everything and start new after harvest.
-Boring: You’ll get sick of smoking the same thing for years+.
-Vigor: In my experience, plants living on an old root system will be more susceptible to immune system related problems.

6 Likes

Just run two buckets if you’re dead set on buckets. Pull a clone off the plant you’re about to flower, let that clone grow and bonsai trim it in the second bucket when the first one is done take a clone off the second one and flower it while growing the clone and so on. Continually do that. If you’re more about the novelty than the practicality I won’t be much help. 2x2x3 is pretty darn micro and you could get your yearly supply in one rio. You could use those LEDs too if you want.

Here’s a couple small boxes I use now. The one on the right is my original box from my very first grow and I still use it now.

5 Likes

Yes it’s possible, I have re-vegged after harvest, I’ve re-vegged regular and feminised plants :seedling:, just make sure to leave some bud sites & feed grow nutes with the lights on as long as possible after harvest , but it is time consuming, i have waited as long as 7 weeks and as little as 4 … considering you don’t need much per year, I’d re-veg. Hope this helps…
happy growing
Gaz

4 Likes

A foliar feed with Gibberellic Acid just once or twice in the first couple weeks after harvest will help them burn up some of their nutrient stores, and revert to veg quicker.

Growers above said it all…

Revegging takes weeks… And in case you run into some troubles in root zone (especially in hydro) it can be more difficult than to just start over. So I’m not sure it will serve your purpose well…

I don’t know of anyone who is doing it repeatedly… I see revegging more as a way to save precious (and otherwise lost) genetics…

4 Likes

Absolutely, thank you all. With one space I am limited to …4 grows a year, maybe 3 due to reveg time. This is fine for me, and after 3 harvests it sounds like I would like to try another strain regardless.

Thank you gaz. I have seen so many builds/grows over the years; but never where someone revegs more than once. So the question was always floating in my mind and wanted to try it. It seems like after 3-4 revegs they get very monstercroppy, and somewhat viney. But doesn’t seem to hurt yield.

I have seen a few where they would pull clones when it looks viney, and they grow regularly

@Cocofan , Pull your self a couple of cuttings and give it a try, you will be surprised at how easy it (can) be… if they don’t take, then you’ve lost nothing … you can still re-veg too, or grow out any cuts that you take… good luck and kp us posted on what you do. Have a good one :point_up:.
Gaz

3 Likes

Ive revegged the same plant up to 3-4 times and never noticed an issue heath or grow wise and if trimmed backed to just a shoot or two once revegged the plants behave the same as the original. But i will say the consistent pruning back to the lower nodes of the plant to start over does cause the plants to be taller as you typically can only prune back to one node past the one you started on. So the plant gradually gets taller anyways so for those of us who are height limited it can become an issue.

As for time as other have stated figure a good 4-5+ weeks before your ready to go again. Typically takes a good 3 weeks before they are growing again and not throwing out the spiral or single leaves, and another week or two to be ready to throw in flower again once trimmed back to one or two shoots so the plant does not become a mess. Starting new seeds is definitely quicker and as @Scissor-Hanz said you get some variety that way as well.

3 Likes

I guess from this read, I could do this indefinite as long as the environment is ideal.

4 Likes