Revegging/Cloning... same damn time

got some GG#4 or so it sez just harvested 5 ladies… did ok… anyways was thinking today as the lights were on…hmmmm really left alot of bud on this one… we got new growth almost 2 weeks since the big slice… hmmm can i clone the bud as its revegging… make a plant out of it…well looks like I could do it like 3 good times from the way i harvested… will see.

1 Like

Toss a photo up. If it’s already revegging then let it go and don’t bother with the clones yet. Or toss it in the veg space and allow it to grow. You’ll have a bunch of cloneable branches real quick.

Cheers

3 Likes

ok sliced off a bud just now dropped it into some perlite cup with improv dome up under the florescent.
built this cloner years ago… clear tub with top on a hinge added a 12" round florescent kitchen light in it… yeah I know the small ones are easier but hey I still have 2 new bulbs on standby… actually get years out of the bulb… i killed my phone last week…no pics.
the idea is for the bud as it reveggs to make enough limbs for a nice plant, should not have to top it…when it roots… it may be ready for flower

I think it takes longer that way.
*Better to re-veg, then clone.
*(personal preference)

3 Likes

i got time… it has my curiosity up now. i gotta see…and the plants themselves are going to green up nice while i figure out this.will have plenty of clonables soon.

1 Like

Does the plant changes (yield, potency) after being revegged? This being an annual plant I wonder how it takes to being kept alive after finishing its cycle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

im hoping yes to everything i cut them a tad bit early just so they would come back to me… 2 out of the 5 i like …1 i like lots

It should work, I heard pH Nerd has taken clones at 8 weeks, then re-vegged. Should be a fun little experiment.

I don’t think it affects yield or potency… but it can take hell a lot of time to get it recovered from the stress.

From my experience reveg takes few weeks and getting it to root even longer.

2 Likes

now thats what im talking about

2 Likes

joe ive taken clones while in flower, rooted them while still in the flower room, and let em stay to completion… you really can do almost anything to this plant.

@JuniorB, I took 5 clones from flowering plants sometime around August '17, and one a month ago, out of desperation, to recover from losses caused by thrips. They were NOT re-vegged. Two of them were in Flowering for 16 days. They rooted as quickly as others clones do, but they stayed in Flower mode and NEVER grew even 1/4". They made big flowers on tiny plants. Big flowers or not, the yield was less than 3 grams on each. It was interesting to witness. The other 3 from August '17, and the one a month ago, were between 7-9 days Flowering. Those showed roots on the high end of normal, 12-18 days into start mode. These plants did re-veg, once I moved them to the Veg chamber. It took longer than a normal clone takes to get ready to go into Flowering, because it took around 7-10 days to show veg growth. Once it did, the plant grew normally from that point on.

I’ve also taken more than a dozen cuttings from plants in Flowering before they showed flowers. Always straight to clone, always worked totally normal.

These are the experiences I’ve had, I hope you were able to find something in here that helps you.

Good luck and keep on growing.

Edit: Replaced approximate numbers with numbers from my database.

1 Like

From my own experiences, I completely concur! :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

1 Like