One Papaya seed, 38W LED (19Wx2), Organic Soil

I got all my ingredients and worm castings are so expensive that i will have to change this mix by using this wheelbarrow of 1-year composted chicken manure, mixed with hay and sand, from my neighbours laying hens.

What is your advice on this? I realize you can’t really be sure but based on your estimation?

I can make one batch of your soil mix and then add X small shovels of this, perlite, peat, lime ect.

1 Like

The pH seems to be pretty much neutral if not slightly alkaline…

2 Likes

I just realized I have enough for a triple batch of the soil. So I have enough to get my other plants into 5 gallons this weekend still on the @ReikoX brand organic potting soil. Probably need to start looking into producing my own EWCs for the future. The Papaya is gonna just get some mix of chicken manure straight in the ground though.

But I want to get this chicken manure in the next transplant… I’d love to trial it vs something else during the final 7+ gal transplant for flower.

Here’s ReikoX’s mix made x3. pH reading about 6.5.

EDIT:

Just had the pot out for two nights that got pretty cold and this is how it looks. Also just transplanted it into a hole dug and filled with a small wheel barrow of half and half chicken manure hay and peat with about the same ratios of bone meal, kelp meal, and dolomite lime as the soil mix.

And my first clone seems alive! I think it’s been less than two weeks and this small cutting seems alive and new growth starting. I pruned off lower two leaves. That being said I’m cautiously optimistic still since this was a small lower cutting with 2.5 nodes really… The new growth coming through may not even be due to roots established at this point eh? the other cutting I have certainly doesn’t look as healthy but again that could be due to what was going on with the mother at the time and it was just a lower quality location of cutting.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, composted chicken manure is good :poop: It can have a bit high nitrogen, but composting should take care of that. Start a worm bin, it’s as easy as a 20-gallon smart pot…
:+1::seedling:

1 Like

Day 86:

Basically been in the ground, outside in temperatures as low as 5*C at night, a few warm days in the low 20s… but less than ideal weather. Yet it seems to be alive.

4 Likes

Still kickin! She’ll take off when it gets a bit warmer… probably laying down some fat roots right now.

3 Likes

beacher you’re the man! thanks for staying tuned in on this and all the positive reinforcement lol

3 Likes

Lol no problem. You’ll start to see just how tough this plant can be!

5 Likes

Day 89:

Three days later…

5 Likes

The clone is about 3-4 weeks… First time trying and I’m glad to know I could have actually saved this Papaya even if my mother plant didn’t make it through all that mistreatment! I’m going to transplant it into a 2 gallon fabric pot and give it to a friend this week.

5 Likes

Nice save :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

She’s loving it out there. Nice clone too!

Keep in mind you’ll have lots of time to take cuttings from the outside one too if you need them. It’ll veg until like August.

1 Like

Day 95:

Actually lookin healthy again!

6 Likes

Wow that’s awesome! No stopping her now.

4 Likes

It’s amazing what real sun can do for a sick plant. Good job bro! :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Day 101:

5 Likes

That one came out real nice, can’t wait to see her budding. The training, unintentional as it was, gave you a nice plant with multiple tops. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Day 109:

And here’s the clone at about 6-7 weeks from being cut. A nice present for a friend.

When this starts flowering I may need to cover it because freakin birds keep shitting on her!

1 Like

Day 124:

Vegging hard now!

5 Likes

day 180ish:

lol half a year into this 7 footer now. It’s been zip tied to the chainlink fence to support and I pruned off most of the bottom a couple weeks ago.

5 Likes