Opinion On Tip Yellowing & Brown Spots On 2 Week Old Purple Kush Plants - Thanks!

Need a second opinion guys:

Purple Kush @ 14 days… Look @ the leaf tips.

Here is the same thing on another leaf, at first I suspected a slight nute burn and I wanted to open it up to you all since there are some very experienced growers on here.

She is at 14 days, the growth has been pretty good so far, seems to affect the older leaves, any ideas on the yellowing tips and brown spots?

2 Likes

What’s your medium? Feed ec/ph? Environment?

Has the appearance of slight nutrient burn, but the more info you give everyone the better the answers will be :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Soils to hot :+1:

2 Likes

Hey thanks for stopping by…

Promix HP, PBP Nutes (Grow, Liquid Karma, Cal-mag, Silica Blast & Hydroguard) PH 6.0 @ half strength - 1st week veg, AC Infiniti Tent - 81F / 68% RH / 1.1 VPD

Transplanted into 6 gallon pots from 4 inch starters 2 days ago (let them get a little dry) and did the feeding @ that time, (prior to that a weak mix of LK, Silica) they dropped a bit then bounced back and have been growing fine other than the yellowing tips and a few brown spots.

1 Like

@Foreigner isn’t this what you use?

I have zero experience with peat mixes so hope someone stops who can help ya.

Are you feeding that 1/2 strength every watering? Or do you mean you’re using half of what they recommend for week one veg?

1 Like

Give the plant PhD water only for a week or 2. The soil has to many nutrients in it. The plant will slow down then once its happy it’ll just take off. Give it a flush if your worried about it.

3 Likes

First feeding @ half what they recommend for first week veg.

That’s kinda what I was thinking but nice to get a second opinion from another grower, thanks :sunglasses: :ok_hand: :facepunch:

1 Like

No worries bro. I’ve done the same thing myself in the past. You’ve not burned the shit out of them so they will recover fine. Plain PhD water only and LITFA. :+1:

1 Like

Isn’t promix inert?

Yes I use the Promix HP and the PBP but only the grow bloom and calmag.

My general fertilizing strategy is to feed at half strength until they tell me they need more then I bump up to full and then add calmag as needed or if I feel like it. Currently they are ~5 weeks old and getting 20mls of grow and 3-4 mls of calmag. I never give plain water.

FWIW These are under a quality 100w LED. It’s very powerful for 100w and my temps are highly variable.

Also your plant looks good to me :+1:

3 Likes

First Feed @ 2 weeks:

• 4mls - PBP Grow
  • 4mls - Liquid Karma
  • 2mls - Cal-Mag
  • 2mls - Silica Blast
  • 2mls - Hydroguard

One of the plants is tolerating it pretty well, the other is growing faster yet showing the yellowing and brown spots more.

I have them under a 240w LED 18 inches @ 60% power, 530ish PAR.

Other than those minor spots, they seem healthy otherwise, thanks again for the stopping by :sunglasses: :ok_hand: :facepunch:

2 Likes

Yes. At this stage they will grow faster than this little abuse, don’t stress.
Use this razor-edge-test to consider more the catalyze effect of the “Liquid Karma + Hydroguard” on uptake.

Day #15 - One day later, the tale of two plants:

Plant A - She is still growing but is exhibiting a bit more of the yellowing this morning and compared to her sister:

Plant B

Another angle:

Plant A

VS:

Plant B

I have been practicing LIFTA and just observing from time to time, they both continue to grow but one is definitely “greener” than the other.

What do you think the slight yellowing of Plant A indicates?, Plant B looks to be healthier overall.

Thanks for stopping by.

All you Promix guys might want to check out Berger BM6.I get 50lb compressed bricks of the shit and it is a lot easier to work with than the promix I get it for around 40$ a bag can’t beat the price and it wets down much better.Really awesome Soil builder