Flowering Plants To Death with Oranje

Now sit right back and you’ll hear the tale, the tale of a fateful trip.
That starts and ends in a suburban house, and ends with a bong hit.

I’m trying to move to a perpetual flowering cycle, so I figure starting a thread about my perpetual flowering cycle is the first step :grin: At the moment, however, my flower tent is … pretty full. On day 12 of 12/12, here’s the gang:

Clockwise from top-left, we have an Apollo 11 (2016 Brothers Grimm re-release) which is a bushy mess but with sativa-leaning leaves, Chemdawg x Sunshine Daydream from #bodhi, a second Apollo 11 (slightly more indica-looking), and a whorled phyllotaxy Blueberry from DJ Short, also pictured below:

I now know why they call Blueberry a stretch indica – she turned tall in a hurry :grin:. Still, has been a pretty easy-going plant overall, and I’ve got high hopes for those three main branches.

I still have 6-7 weeks to go on these plants, so not a lot to show as of yet. Everything’s happy and healthy, though internodal distance is not-so-ideal as these were vegged under my flowering lights:

… but we’ll see how it goes. Right now I’m focusing on keeping nitrogen and magnesium at happy levels, as those are the two things I never seem to have enough of in flower. Stay tuned to be amazed and/or laugh at my misfortunes :laughing:

23 Likes

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Good job.

2 Likes

Yeah man great job! Looking lovely for sure… Ill be following along as I too really want to go perpetual eventually…

Mind telling a little more about your setup, I do apologize if its elsewhere.

1 Like

Not at all :grin: Nothing too fancy, but here’s where I stand:

Tent: 4’ x 4’ x 6.5’
Lighting: 315w CMH and 150w HPS
Fans: … I forget. Bigger-than-I-need exhaust fan, 10" fan for under-canopy air circulation, 8" fan for above-the canopy.
Environment: 72ºf day, 62ºf nights, RH 35-50%. Chilly, but they’re happy.

Individual plant pot sizes + soil:

• ChemD x Sunshine Daydream: 8 gallon pot, Coast of Maine Stonington’s Blend Platinum Grower’s Mix (henceforth SBPGM), lightly supplemented with blood meal, pumice, and SBPGM dry nutrient mix.
  • Apollo 11 (big): 5 gallon bucket, Roots Organic Original + pumice.
  • Blueberry: 3 gallon bucket, Roots Organic Original + pumice.
  • Apollo 11 (lil’ buddy): 3 gallon bucket, SBPGM + pumice, bloodmeal, SBPGM dry nutes.

I’m still figuring out the “feed the soil, not the plant” approach to organics: topdressing, compost, teas, etc. I’ll join the notill cult one of these days, but in the meantime, I’m just trying to avoid bottles from the hydro store :grin: That said, Roots Organic Original isn’t going to feed those two plants until harvest… but they’re looking solid for now.

7 Likes

Very nice man, thanks for taking the time to educate me on your grow.

Hey how do you like your 315w CMH?

1 Like

is that the growers choice? are you using the 3k+R bulb or whatever? have heard positive things for flowering

2 Likes

I love your line up. You have cherry picked some nice strains. :grin:

3 Likes

Love it. I have the 3100K bulb for flowering (maybe covers your Q, @legalcanada?), and though that’s pretty far off from daylight spectrum, there’s just a certain je ne sais quoi that I like and the plants seem to love.

Complete disclaimer, I’d still call myself a novice in grow club – I had a couple dozen grows back in the OG 1.0 days using a 430w “enhanced spectrum” HPS with good results, and this is my third round of flowering with this CMH+HPS combo. That said, my buds have been fuller, denser, and frostier with my current setup than any of my old HPS-only grows.

Next time I get the urge to upgrade, I’ll probably swap the HPS for LEDs, but the CMH is going to stick around for years to come.

6 Likes

Glad to see you like it. I would like to do same with LED and CMH…

What’s the lights footprint, 3x3?

this is the one i was referring to… it’s 3k with added red spectrum

2 Likes

I think that’s about the target footprint for flowering plants, yes. Haven’t had any light burn or temperature issues with my current setup in 4x4.

Ahh, I see – I did not know this existed :grin: Nope, I’m pretty sure it’s just a Philips 3100K bulb in there right now, but will keep this in mind next year when it’s time to replace the bulb.

1 Like

Nice garden and killer line-up @oranje :+1:
Your DJS Blueberry looks very similar to the :large_blue_circle: Blueberry I’ve been running for a few cycles(DutchPassion). Mine stretches well into week 4 but its SO worth it. My current fav. smoke.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I see a little sweet Basil on the far left.

I think this is a great idea!

Double like from me just for that!

1 Like

I’m pulling up a chair, got a blunt and a cup of coffee, let’s Go! Looks like you’re in for a happy ending for sure!

1 Like

Gonna get me some popcorn too!

1 Like

Nice I’m on a perpetual right now. Recently ran out of smoke and had to buy… ugh… mid to low grade at top shelf prices… told myself never again so I decided to run 1 plant every 2 weeks.

1 Like

@Dewb

I remember the days…

I could afford about 1 Z a month, and it was painful. The lack of variety…

Constant grow, and way Overgrow!

Keep Seedin’

99%

2 Likes

Yeah that money goes so much further when spent on the garden!

I kind of fell into a good thing.

I renovated my little ranch…

And then went Solar.

Running 600W through the winter, and the Greenhouse / Yard in the Summer = “Net Zero Electric Bill”.

18 Likes

oh wow i live just down the street from you!

2 Likes