Organic Adventures

I’m probably not going to use charcoal in the soil mix. BUT likely to sprinkle some Organic Bamboo charcoal across the top of the soil, mostly for Anti smell properties. May assist with any possible pests…

3 Likes

We use nematodes every year when we bring our plants back indoors. As prevention anyway. It has shown to reduce pests that want to tag a long when we bring them in. We’ve been doing this for well over 10 years, and although there’s still some guys around, it’s way less than what I remember. Again it’s been over 10 years since we haven’t used nematodes. :wink:

5 Likes

Niceness. This is what I got here for it.

5 Likes

These are the ones we always use. But I’m sure they are the same overall.

4 Likes

Very nice, Steinernema Feltiae same microbs listed in mine ,)

1 Like

Yeah. Honestly I think you’ll have great luck. And you won’t even know if they are working because they eat all the larve and bad bugs in your soil before they emerge. :grin:

1 Like

Have you had issues with pests in the past? Why are you so worried about bugs?

Honestly, I’ve never grown no-till, but I have always grown completely organic, in three-, five- and seven-gallon pots, and the only issue I’ve had with pests is fungus gnats, which are pretty easy to deal with. Typically, really healthy plants grown in good healthy soil don’t have very many problems, unless you bring infected clones or mite-ridden plants into the grow area or you go work in the yard and then go directly into the grow room or something. I’m not saying preventatives are “bad,” I’m just saying I don’t think you should worry about it. At all. You’ll be fine, dude! Get stoked haha! Growing kicks ass.

6 Likes

I just don’t wanna allow any pests to happen to start with lol my grow tent is 2 inches from my pillow. So I doubt id be happy with bugs around me while sleeping lol

9 Likes

How do you mix your soils and Nutrients ?
How big do you plants get in 7gal ?

I got 10 gal fabric pots & to me, they are very big.

5 Likes

Out of stock
I have been looking for weeks. :frowning:
Maybe just the area??? Or just Amazon???

2 Likes

Do you mean physically, how do I mix my soil? I put five gallons of peat, pumice and EWC into a big 65 gallon Rubbermaid thing with holes drilled all over the sides and bottom, add in the amendments and mix by hand for like five or ten minutes. Repeat that process until there’s about 60 gallons of soil.

I dunno, decently-sized, I guess. I veg for sixty days and then flip, so… Right now I have some Uplifts that have stretched more than I anticipated, but they’re not out of control or anything. And then I have a Purple NL2 and a Stardawg f2 that haven’t stretched much. And a Midas that has gotten really wide, but not very tall.

My canopy is not even haha.

5 Likes

Man !! you went organic lesst than 1/2 a foot away from ur pillow :laughing:

Brave indeed … Ur hired!

5 Likes

Mine was from Amazon.ca

1 Like

The tent touches my bed :sleeping_bed::sleeping: lol o man what I’m I thinking :thinking:

4 Likes

Thats crazy. You will always know what’s going on for sure.

2 Likes

TJ Maxx has coconut flour; mixes easily into soil.

2 Likes

I forgot they where separate.

1 Like

I usually only get bugs in the fall of the year because I bring them in from the outdoor garden. Spring is pretty much bug free. You will get fungus gnats.

6 Likes

You were thinking you wanted to hear the microbes working in your sleep. :wink:

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a bedroom garden.

We are hoping to be back in the buying market soon, and looking for a better setup. The wife believes that our top priority will be a storm shelter. Wonder if it can double as a grow room :thinking:

8 Likes

Good, just let her believe that… meanwhile you can use the space.

I don’t know how people have houses without a basement, that’s vital space especially in the winter. Anything I’d do outside or in the garage I can do down there (if I can get it down there).

6 Likes