Organic Adventures

Thanks @Gpaw , I ordered most of the stuff today from happybuddhaorganics.com (Canada)
Already though

2 Likes

Been thinking about building a box frame inside the 3x3 tent and lining it with clear plastic tarp basically and using the whole floor space as the “Container” to grow In…

Currently 112 liters /27 Gal in growing container space…

Upgraded space would be 27x27x16" aka approximately 50 gallons in size.

While still being inside the 32x32" “3x3 tent”.

I didn’t know about that one.
Nice selection and prices look good :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thinking about this Grassroots 45 Gallon Pot 27" D x 18" H | Black Swallow Living Soils, Brantford ON

1 Like

A grabbed a 5 gallon with the moisture liner to try out (next grow).
I’m considering the larger beds for a possible no-till down the road. :thinking:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

My only internal debate is either:
65 gal with zero room around sides.
45 gal with some tent room, like 4" on the sides.
4 med size 5 gal with enough room.

I like running diff things at the same time, it’s hard for me to stick to 1 type lol

All with the moisture liner as well.

Larger pot = worms are happy :blush:
Smaller pots = more things to water :droplet:

2 Likes

Screw it, I’m buying 2 gal fabric bags.

I wanna grow multiple strains, make seeds, move plants around (males) not looking for massive yeild, just enough ya know :smirk:

2 gal fabric bags 8x10" give me the ability to have 16 full up plants or 10 to 12 with some extra elbow room.

I’m probably gonna need to make a space to house most of the worms. Besides the ones that will end up living in the poly bags…

Ya know looking back I’ve probably not done anything “appropriately” in regards to traditional methods lol :laughing: :joy: why can’t I ever make up my dam mind.

3 Likes

@Gpaw & anyone else reading.

So about the moisture liners. They work to ensure the water can’t go anyplace but down, untill it hits the lower 2" basically…

So, what if I take a poly bag, cut the bottom off and line a regular fabric grow bag inside with the poly bag except for the lower 2" :thinking: Would result in the same effect no?

Think this is something that is plausible?

3 Likes

Also planning on getting this

Connect the faucet to a 10 spliiter manafold for the water lines and now I can top feed water to 10 plants, same time, same amount. But it’s still Manually operated (which is fine for me)

I don’t like doing bottom feed since I’ll topdress nutrients likely.

1 Like

Good point, seeing how I am going to do a comparison between the regular and moisture liner anyway, I’ll add that to the next grow!

Great find on that pump!
That is begging to be hacked… Add a timer & relay and you have a great DIY vacation plant watering system.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

That water pump has a USB powered option built in. Plug that into a smart plug outlet on a timer and it’s golden.

Here is my “Hack” lol

Connect the water dispenser faucet to the 10 output manifold, add 1 way check valves to each output line (stops syphoning continuously)
Manual operation & can’t over/under water.
Each plant gets same amount of water :droplet:

This

connected to this

Connected to the 1 way check valves
= success

5 Likes

Shroooms…

11 Likes

I’ll +1 Black Swallow. Their stuff is really good!

3 Likes

Awesome update…

My order from happybuddhaorganics.com has shipped and the owner emailed me letting me know that they decided to give me exclusive access to a new product that they are preparing to launch soon and he tossed it in my order for me to test out… Sweet. I’ll provide more details about this when I’ve received this order…

3 Likes

Mail day :wink: from: https://happybuddhaorganics.com/

The special gift they sent me to try out and that will be available to everyone via the website soon is;
1 Lbs of Cricket Frass … Hella yeah!!!

Once this current grow is finished

I’ll be switching things up…

No Till Bed is gonna go into a container 1/4 it’s current size (after I’ve mixed in the new ingredients)

Using this Super Soil as a seeder for extra Microbial life forms. Then add in some ammendments. (worms include)

Filling up a bunch of 1 gal & 2 gal fabric pots to start the BOG Sour Strawberry seed run for a super balanced water only grow.

11 Likes

Got more supplies :relieved:
10x 2gal grow bags
100x Peat moss pucks “Expanda Dirt pucks”
1x Water Dispenser faucet (for DIY watering)

Ohh @JustSumTomatoes no idea how long this has been. But I’ve still got my Fresh frozen Orange Grove Cannagar cureing in the freezer.

7 Likes

I’ve been pondering if it’s worth wrapping fabric bags in poly or just biting the bullet and buying the already made ones, I don’t know how any bags will stand up to being moved once cut up.

1 Like

I was 100% gonna try it. But ended up just buying the fabric bags… IF I really wanted too, I could line them with a grocery bag, just cut the bottom off. Would be the same deal.

1 Like

Oohhh yeaah! Saving it for a special occasion?

1 Like