Organic Ohio outdoor grow

Welcome to my grow diary. I am fairly new to the growing scene so I cannot offer alot other than pictures and my musings as we go through the season. Hoping other members will find something entertaining here and stick around and offfer inputs as this progresses.

I have only grown one time before back in 2021when a buddy gave me five clones to grow out and I had two seeds I found in a bag. Those two seeds were the most beautiful purple flowers that had an amazing smell and I wish I has more of it. The others were from Free World genetics and they were awesome as well but the purple but was top shelf Sativa. Wish I had known you could reverse it to make seeds as I would have tried. Oh well…

Things I learned:
My grow in 21 was very successful and the results were lots of tasty buds but I did not prune properly and ended up with lots of smaller buds and hours of trimming all those small buds. Hoping to avoid that this round as much as possible through proper training and selective removal of lower branch material. I have chosen organic this round since my wife’s cancer diagnosis and she wants everything in her body to be as clean as possible.

My growing medium for this grow is Fox Farms Ocean in 10 gal. fabric pots. Each plant is receiving Boogie Brew full strength once per week and water the rest of the time. I am also using PrideLands Veg and Bloom for additional fertilizer and that to is applied once weekly.

My buddy offered me clones again this year but I decided I wanted to choose some strains that were unique to me and hopefully bring back some memories.

I sourced all my seeds from Seed Supreme. I am not sure if the seeds I have came directly from them or if they were the middleman. They were the onlybo es I found that took cash and had the strains I wanted.

Rosenthal- I wanted Ed Rosenthal superbud but I could only find a feminized version aptly named Rosenthal so I am not sure who feminized it. I chose this strain for several reasons. First because of who bread this lady.vi had the fine pleasure of enjoying some very tasty flower with him back in the day at the hash bash in MI. Nicest guy. Second to that I am hoping for some of those older flavors I grew up chasing before everything was bred with each other. She is smelling fantastic right now.v

Triangle Kush- The most stoney but I ever smoked was Kromes cut of The White. I picked up an 1/8 in Denver on my way to Cali one year and it was the one that truly knocked me out. I could not find those seeds but the stories seem to mention TK in there somewhere so I wanted to try and grow something similar. We shall see. Currently they smells fresh and green.

GG4 x Zkittles aka Gorilla Zkittles- These seeds were purchased in hopes of finding a male to use to pollinate the other ladies as they had the best lineage of all the regular seeds that they offered but of the 4 seeds I bought only three popped and they were all female. While I certainly will not complain about the extra lady I am now without pollen so I will need to source some more seeds for my next grow that will certainly net me a viable male. Not much smell currently.

SuperSkunk- These were free seeds that came with my order. I planted two seeds and they both came up. One plant is at my place and one I trusted to a family member who wants to start growing as well. She has entered the flower phase already and is already stinking up my place. Good thing I live in the country as this thing fills my backyard already. Imagine when she is ripe. :slight_smile:

BlackJack Auto- Decided to try some autos as I am really interested in seeing where things have progressed since the 80’s when I first learned about the ruderallis plant in High Times. I was confused as to why they would waste magazine space talking about it but thankfully someone had foresight. I chose this strain particularly for the Jack Herer influence. Same as with Ed Rosenthal, I want to grow something that pays tribute to the work he did. These babies are just about done and smell fantastic. Very stinky in a food way.

So this is my plan. To grow the best organic cannabis that I can and to impress my buddy who has provided me with so much quality bud over the years. I will post pictures shortly. I took about 100 pictures yesterday but I did not realize my camera was on moving pictures so each file is now to large to load. I will grab some fresh ones today for viewing.

Thanks for tagging along and feel free to offer your $.02 cents.

9 Likes