Original breeders?

Seedfinder definitely has accuracy issues, I entered two strains both with the same male but different females and they listed the genetics completely wrong. I have contacted them a couple times and can’t seem to get it fixed . I’m considering listing it again with ( correct lineage) listed after the strain name,maybe that will get there attention. Put right in the description that it is relisted to correct there error.

5 Likes

How about grape ape? That seems to be a slippery slope.

1 Like

There are two Blackwaters by Cali Connection. The one they sell now is a Fem version. The Fem seeds are Mendo Purps x Tahoe OG S1. The older discontinued Reg seeds are Mendo Purps x SFV OG Kush IBL Male.

I have a cut from the discontinued Regs. This is her:

23 Likes

Terp profile more grapes :grapes:?

Down for sending cuts?

2 Likes

Dope. How does she flower out time wise?

1 Like

Of the nearly 150 varieties offered for sale by Dutch seed companies in 2000, 80 percent of them contain germ plasm that first came to the Netherlands prior to 1985. Most of the seed companies have continued to reshuffle the heavily stacked deck of original North American germ plasm, and since the 1980s few companies have introduced anything new. The perpetuation of monotony has been punctuated, only infrequently, by new introductions from North America or traditional marijuana- producing nations. Most seed companies have simply recombined founding cultivars from which breeders selected star clones to represent their seed companies in competitions. What goes around, comes around!

9 Likes

Came across a interesting post about the triangle kush. Anyone have the story?

1 Like

Triangle Kush is presently accepted as the mother of all OG Kush cuts. Shows as the same clone as Josh D’s in The Galaxy, but I believe they have incomplete data sets and kind of a wonky way of tracking familial relations.

Anyway, a guy surfaced on IG a couple years ago (origins_tk_og) and the most current backstory is that he was growing a room full of a cut from the Northwest called “Emerald Triangle” while also trialing some seeds they brought back from Nevil. They had some Hindu Kush (Kush4 x NL2) going and one hermed on the ET crop. Alec Anderson found a bean in one of his sacks and popped it, that cut is what became the “Triangle Kush” in Florida and soon thereafter “OG Kush” in California. Many other cuts spawned from either S1 bag-seed, herm feminized crosses (both intentional and unintentional) or deliberate out-crosses. Hence the 81-some-odd “OG Kush” cuts in circulation. Some are the same thing renamed, others are hybrids.

That’s the story, anyway. :man_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes

ive seen a few rare Dankness vids kicking around on You Tube. Just punch in Scot Reach + Rare Dankness. prettty informative vid.
Ghost Train Haze is one Ive had muh eye on. I believe its an OG Kush (ghost cut) X’d with Trainwreck and X’d with Haze. Not 100% sure on how it lays out. Im pretty sure its Rare Dankness strain?

3 Likes

Ghost OG cut x Neville’s Wreck (E32 Arcata cut x Neville’s Haze)

4 Likes

Got some going now. :v:t5:

4 Likes

Ghost train haze is a nice one, me personally I would get his leeroy its fire, but only if you like OGs.

3 Likes

Does he even have a vender stateside?..I wonder why more people dont run his stuff. Especially now knowing his rare dankness is triangle kush if I’m not mistaken . I kinda wanna try the Somali taxi driver…but hell on sweating this gth…it feels like ots taking forever. Lol

1 Like

I think jbc carries rare dankness gear

2 Likes

I’m not to sure, I got mine RD seeds in Colorado at a dispensary waaay back 2013. It was my first pack of seeds I ever got. Commerce city kush and I still haven’t popped them lol. Man I totally forget the genetics on the rare dankness but you are correct that TK is in there. I’m sure someone knows.

So after almost a year of digging I have done nothing but compile things in my head. But there has been many leaps in my understanding of things since coming online. It would be hard to compile this in dialogue and many have done a great jo

2 Likes

She’s incredibly dense and therefore probes to botrytis she chokes off most seeds if pollinated. She finishes fast-ish and is a shorter squat plant with moderate yields of heavy buds. No grape, all earthy hash.

4 Likes

Come a long way since this convo on who’s who in the industry, and I think that since things are about to explode a drop down by breeder and what they crafted and a linage back with connection would be awesome, but the first breeder to show up would be the one who first put the name or cross out there

1 Like

@Enjoi802 hey, I don’t want to out the facility, but I’m pretty sure I got a tour of Buddha’s Sister, but they were still too young to try sadly…

let me see if I can find out if they’re still up and running.

1 Like