Original GG4 plant

I have been looking for the gg4 that a “friend” of mine had…gg strains claims to be the originator of gg4 and others. They have just finished a tradeshow and have X amount of gg4 ibl and X amounts of GG Wedding.
Edit: GG Wedding Mints

first question
Is gg strains the original? Every seed company claims to have gg4…is this legit?

second question
They have contacted me since the tradeshow has ended and have offered to sell me a pack(s) of what they have left available (none available on their website and none available from their direct distributors). SHOUL. I. DO. IT!!!

third question
Would anyone like me to grab extra while I’m currently in contact with them?

Advice, thoughts, comments…anything that will help.
Thanks gang!!

We’ve been emailing back and forth a couple times now…she’s getting back to me with a list of what they have left…almost time to pull the trigger!

Help me out!
Jump on it!?!?!?
Or-
Let it go!?!?

5 Likes

The one and only. The only true cut of GG4 originated with Josey Wales (I think he has a different username now) on icmag, who went on to form ggstrains after having passed out the cut for free to everyone. I have been out of the loop for a while and have no idea what they’re up to nowadays, but I would trust them absolutely.

14 Likes

I’ve heard jw and gg4 together before, but goddamn potheads let myths, urban legends and such cloud the truth…greed might be in there too. Hoping she’s sleeping and or 1 day ahead (was in Amsterdsm and on way home)…

2 Likes

What’s the price per pack ?

1 Like

No. It is clone only.

3 Likes

I hear ya, but the original GG4 plant was grown by JW. Straight up, full stop. It was pretty public, and tons of people watched it happen in real time. It would be hard for anyone to believably dispute.

10 Likes

It’s true that GG4 is clone only, but I understood the question to be whether ggstrains was the original source of GG4, which it is, and whether the seeds would be based on the real deal rather than identical. Seemed to me like a reasonable way to read the question at the time.

Any seeds advertised as gg4 ibl could certainly be bred by the originator of the clone, I should think.

Knowing that even an ibl isn’t identical to the clone only, I still wouldn’t have any reservations about growing them out, personally.

6 Likes

Your reading comprehension skills are just fine @Howard.Crane , that is exactly what was asked.
Agree, GG4 clone only. GG4 made by ggstrains certainly! Getting the GG4 JW “cut” from seed form…well thats a whole nother question, Howard gave you the answer to that one too.

7 Likes

I was given some of what were called GG4 IBL’s from a reputable breeder in california. Considering JW original story of how GG4 came to be, I would be curiouse to see how it was made into a IBL, what was it crossed with, how many times backed crossed etc. There is no question that the strain comes from him, but with its mix of genetics I’d expect a wide range of phenos to hunt threw.

2 Likes

Yeah, making a polyhybrid into an ibl would be a huge challenge. Good point. I’d be interested in reading details on that, just not interested enough to go back to that other forum to search for info about it. If anyone comes across the details, please feel free to post up a link.

2 Likes

I would check out copycat genetic this guy s1 all the top cuts …probably the closest thing you will get to the original gg#4 in seed form
It’s probably tons of other breeders that also S1 the Clone as well

3 Likes

Josey Wales bred the GG4 there’s no lore surrounding it and this is the website that his official IG account points to http://www.ggstrains.com/ so it all seems very legit grab me a pack while you’re at it.

8 Likes

We got into a discussion on a FB page about a year ago. I was claiming gg4 was clone only another of the guys messaged the official page on IG and asked them if seeds were available and they said there would in fact be legit gg4 seeds coming out this year. Not sure how they are gonna pull it off but that is what they said, I’m also not sure if it ever happened because I would think it would be all over the “news” and I’ve never heard a word about it.

Id be wary of GG#4 hybrids.
Since GG#4 is basically a mutt (polyhybrid) out crossing it to other things will produce plants that likely exhibit all kinds of different traits to what you are searching for.
Some of the best shit on the market was found in a 10 pack of seeds, or even just a few beans pulled out of some bud, so Im not gonna say it wont be good shit, just to expect a fair amount of variability within those hybrids.
Good luck.

7 Likes

$250 usd per 6 fem…my cc is already maxed…lol

2 Likes

I’m not sure I would pay any more for GG4 than any other strain. I got a GG4 clone a few years ago that looked exactly like the ones Mr.Tight had in his garden (youtube). I didn’t really like it very much because it didn’t make me feel good, relaxed, high, etc… just made me feel stoned and stupid. So I didn’t care for the buzz very much.

Mr. Tight now has a company named Empire Breeding Company that (I think) features strains crossed with GG4. He may even have some glue that he backcrossed for breeding stock. If you search his strains you might find something crossed with GG4 that you’d like even better :slight_smile:

I just looked him up on youtube. The channel name is “Helmi Sumba”.
No idea why… it used to be Mr. Tight’s Home Grown Report.
You can check out his channel to see some of his work.

3 Likes

Gg4 x wedding mints?
Is this worth the $$$
Haven’t heard back…yet 3x

1 Like

The gg4 my “friend” had was illa…had to buy a new coffee grinder

1 Like

Yikes. That’s enough to make me lose all interest right there. Best wishes, I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for! :smile:

12 Likes

That is too much for a pack of seeds there is lots of GG4 crosses out there for less.

7 Likes