Orloff's bean graveyard

My veg/auto tent is doing so-so. It’s a different ball game with automatics for sure. Also I kinda forgot how to do soil it seems, so they were underwatered for a period of a few days when very little. I transplanted them to bigger pots on day 20 and they are 27 days old in total atm. They have all started to flower, some of them around 21 days or so and some just recently. What I don’t like about it is that they are still very small. I doubt they will yield that much, but at least it’s a new experience. With autos everything needs to be perfect if you want them to perform!

11 Likes

Need an update here?
What’s up, O!

2 Likes

Hey brother @iggypuffs , thanks for reaching out. Yeah, I’ve been away for a while. My motivation to post here was nonexistent after all the bad luck I’ve had with OG community projects since joining. Was starting to feel like a fool for trusting people around here. I’m still deep in the red, but some things did turn out afterall, and there’s still plenty of real nice people. Guess I will need to cool off and see how I feel later on.

Regarding my grow, the FC #2 was harvested about a week or so ago. I don’t have my spreadsheets with me, but from memory, she went full 11 weeks + couple days. She is mostly dry now and just starting the cure process.

My next project is already in the works, I am doing ACE Seeds CBD#1. I will transplant her today to Autopot smart pot and she will veg for around 2 weeks more. I will be going for vacation soon, so it will be the first real test of “Auto” part of Autopot.

I have some pics of FC #2 before harvest, not many and not great quality, since my documenting motivation was low as explained. This is the only one without flash, shows the delicate color of buds nicely:

These were taken in the dark with flash, so the quality is minimal. I don’t feel they show the plant properly, but I don’t have better:

15 Likes

Yummy buds : )
leafs are showing burn tips and serrations ( k )
What’s the story with that ? When did that show ? What where you feeding at the time ?
Don’t let the few bad times of the past hold you back from the good times of the future : )
What was the issue in the projects , where you involved in Hugh Glass saga ?

4 Likes

Orloff sorry to hear, ya you have to watch people on here.
Kinda gives you a lull of false security.

Anything I can help you with buddy, SHOUT
Maybe I can help

5 Likes

@George you seen anything yet?

4 Likes

If you’re speaking about the mamilk got them, thanks beer3|nullxnull, sorry if I didn’t mention it … :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

By the time I saw them on Sebring sight they were all gone they went quickly

Thanks for what you do

Next time

Paps

3 Likes

Hey Paps send addy in pm
I’ll roll some out

4 Likes

Good to hear for a future go.

5 Likes

Yes Sir, l know how you feel about being in the red and the trust issue, things do happen, but ,

Was relieved to here you finally got those Black Energy beans! Haha…I’m telling you man, it was the cat who moved that pack!

I see genuine camaraderie here and had folks reach out to help me when I first joined, Think I’ll hang out for a while!

@Gpaw helped me get my first set of LED lights built. Really happy with them!!

Doing a private buy with some good people, thought you may be interested?
Maybe @OleReynard or @George could invite you over there? I don’t know how.

I’m in a couple:
Sour Diesel x Rez Sour D @OleReynard Has agreed to do the run.
Thug Pug’s Peanut Butter Breath and Meat Breath
Karma’s Biker Kush,

Started my first journal with some of DocDs gear
https://overgrow.com/t/iggys-puff-n-stuff/

Anyway, glad o see you back on,
Grace and Peace

10 Likes

Those look good see you missed a few signups

Sorry about the trust issues

Be sure to hit me up after the bean runs see what we can do.

2 Likes

Thanks for the invitation Arriba|nullxnull, I have enough seeds thanks to OGers generosity and right now I have finished with trading, giveaways and auctions. Just stick to the seed runs because it brights my day receiving a box plenty of precious seeds from our reputated breeders and of course peeking Sebring’s site from time to time … frech|nullxnull

4 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m on vacation right now, just bouncing in here to say hi and thank everyone for the kind words. I’m still on OG and aiming to stay, some peeps around here are the real deal, I guess I had to get burnt some to confirm diamonds from the rubble. Sucks to see scammery still being a huge part of this “industry”, I’ve seen my share of it along the years, starting with how The Seed Depot ended.

Anyway, enough of that talk, soaking sunrays and chasing waves with my family, would rather talk about nice things :). I’m wondering how my plant back home is doing all on her own, can’t help but think of her every day.

Here she is on the day we left 4 days ago, she was 33 days old at that point, connected to the reservoir and flipped to 12/12. I’ll post an update when I get back home :).

11 Likes

Chasing some waves, huh, that’s what I like to hear, gotta be my favorite pastime.
Enjoy your vaca bud, need a surf report here!!
The new girl looking sweet.
Seeya

2 Likes

Hi friends, it’s been a while since I last posted. Came back from seaside a while ago, then spent some time in the mountains for fresh air and good times. Really love my part of the world, so much variety and opportunities for spending quality time.

My little garden is chugging along pretty well considering how little time I invested in it. Gotta say that Autopot gave me the freedom I was looking for, I can go away for a couple weeks without much issue. It’s not the absolute best for yield or quality or any other category, but for my hobbyist level, it more than makes it up with simplicity and freedom it gives me.

Anyway, I kept my journal and took some photos along the way and will do my best to catch you up.

July 22, 11 days F:
She was doing great when we came back from sea vacation. Nice compact structure, not much stretch, but overall very healthy. I was pleased with reservoir hygiene and let her keep drinking from it. All I did was spread her around a bit, take a couple fans covering lower bud sites and do some LST of the 4 main tops.

Before:

After:

August 1st, 21 days F:
As she was pretty compact at that point and not showing any bud sites, I decided on a Kelp+Silica+Yucca foliar around day 14 of flower. She responded with an insane stretch in the following days. As I was busy that week and didn’t pay much attention in the form of LST or pinching, the 4 main tops completely ran away from me :slight_smile:. Safe to say I wasn’t expecting such a result from Kelp (although I understand it’s PGR content), but it’s nice to have such an experience in my gardening toolbox.

Also on day 18, so middle of week 3, I switched to Maxibloom from my trusty Masterblend for. I thought that majority of the stretch was done and wanted to facilitate bud development with Maxibloom’s favourable NPK ratio. Also at that time I noticed some slight tip burn.

August 6th, 26 days F:
Not much to report here as per my notes. She was chugging along nicely at 1600 EC of Maxibloom, building buds. Some stretching was still apparent, but the main move was done at that point.

August 13th, 33 days of F:
At this point I started noticing advanced yellowing of lower foliage. I’m not concerned with plant eating some of her lower leaves, but after monitoring the situation for a few days, the pace was too fast for my liking. I probably switched to Maxibloom too soon, especially considering the Kelp-induced mega stretch. But since ACE advertises CBD#1 as a 7-8 week strain, it seemed like the correct thing to do at the time.

Anyway, on 14.8. I replaced the reservoir for Masterblend again at 1700 EC. What I mean by yellowing too fast is pretty apparent on this pic from 15th, check the lower foliage and compare with the above pic from 13th, just 2 days difference:

The yellowing seems to be slowing down since switching back to Masterblend and I am monitoring the situation. I am seeing some nice fall red colors in leaves. I am hoping they won’t get deficient and shrivel when I switch back to Maxibloom or Masterblend without CalNit :slight_smile:.

Seems my quest for nicely faded non-deficient leaves will elude me again this run. But considering I was away for most of the stretch and early flowering, I won’t beat myself up too much :slight_smile:. Also, the buds have started to produce a really nice and gentle smell, after not smelling like much of anything for most of plants life. All is good in my book!

I will update with fresh pics this weeked.

10 Likes

Orrrrlofffff nice to see you

2 Likes

I promised an update over weekend, sorry for the delay. I took pics, just didn’t have time/energy to upload and write something. Better late that never, right? :slight_smile:

August 22nd, 42 days of F:
End of week 6 is here! Should be in the finishing line now - like I wrote before ACE Seeds claim 7-8 weeks for this strain. I am mentally prepared for up to 9 weeks due to my Kelp shenanigans during stretch, I am sure I prolonged the cycle a bit there…

The plant is doing great, she is producing absolutely wonderfull smells - my wife says blackberries, but to me it’s more on the candy side of spectrum. Maybe sweet blackberry jam? Either way, delicious! Trich production is not bad either, definitely not on par with heavy hitter THC strains, but as I was expecting none from this pure CBD line, I am pleasantly surprised. ACE Seeds deliver on their promises of trich coverage and aroma, so I am anxious to smoke some and report on the effects.

Leaf yellowing and consumption slowed down but never stopped completely even after 10 days of Masterblend. I switched back to Maxibloom at 1500 EC and 5.8 PH for today’s res. After that, I will mix Masterblend without CalNit for the finishing stretch. Maybe yellowing cannot be stopped once initiated, or it’s just genetical for this cultivar. I like reddish fall coloring on some leaves, hope it continues in following weeks!

Buds started swelling now, but juding by pistils size and thickness she still has a way to go. I like their structure - these will be classic pinecone shaped buds, not golfballs like cookies.

7 Likes

Friends, please excuse me for not communicating much over the summer, I hope you can forgive me. Should be around here more often over fall and winter! I have some questions to answer and exchanges to catch up to.

I hope OG is doing ok and no additional drama happened while I was away.

Thanks brother, my friends liked this pheno more than FC#1. I am guessing it has more to do with me letting it finish properly and smoke giving more of a couch-lock effect. I find the high kind of bland/boring compared to FC#1, also colors are less present. I did improve on yields by a nice margin, total on this was 230g dry compared to 207g for FC#1.

Leaf burn is something I am fighting in this setup (coco, dry ferts, Autopot) and haven’t fully mastered yet. Plants are doing awesome in veg and first half of stretch with full-strength Masterblend at around 1800-2000 EC. But once around 2-3 weeks of flowering, I start to notice leaf tips getting lighter and burn starting to develop. Not logical for me, I’d guess they are hungriest at that point :confused:. I’ve reacted by gradually lowering EC by about 200 uS/cm2 with each res, but it’s easy to overdo it. For FC#2 I’ve noticed that around 1300 EC seems to be too low, plant starts to consume her leaves. Each cultivar responds differently, adding to the challenge. My goal of perfectly faded leaves remains :slight_smile:.

Haha, please stop blaming the cat already man! The poor thing is not responsible for your stoner brain missfiring, rofl :rofl:. All is good, Black Energy is safely stashed and I can’t wait to grow them. Thank you again for making it possible for me :pray:!

So glad to hear that you started a journal here, definitely first stop on my catching-up journey.

I don’t know who you used to be, probably not Anon :cry:. Thanks for the kind words!

Anyone know who this was?

I kinda suck with english slang expressions, I realized after I wrote that catching waves means surfing. I am sorry for missleading you and anyone else, I meant general seaside activities with my family - swimming, supping, stuff like that. Either way, the vacation was great, finally convinced the wife this year to leave hotels/apartments and go camping again. We have 2 boys, so she is outnumbered 3-1 in boys/girls ratio. And you know how much us boys love camping! She was annoyed and grumpy in the beginning, but by the end she gave us a green light to go camping again next year. Nothing beats nature!

Thanks brother! How are you, how are things? Have to stop by your thread soon, I hope you are still keeping one here.

1 Like

I’m hanging in there, life’s been a rough road to hoe.

1 Like