Orloff's bean graveyard

In other news, I found a spot for outdoor and will attempt it for the first time this year. I managed to snag some Mephisto beans last year so that is what I will use. That means two firsts for me - an automatic strain and the great outdoor. A bit scared but definitely excited!

I’m at just a hair above 46N in lattitude so if autos finish in 120 days or so, that should still be comfortably safe before heavy rains and cold weather.

I soaked the seeds in tap water yesterday and today most of them were starting to crack and show tails. I’m starting to see why people like Mephisto, hope the trend continues! They were placed in peat pellets and little Plagron germination greenhouse. I have the following:

• 2x HubbaBubba Haze
  • 1x Chemdogging
  • 1x Samsquanch OG
  • 1x Sour Stomper x Crem-de-la-Chem (freebie)
  • 1x Beary White x 3 Bears OG

They found home in my veg tent(icle), next to French Cookies clones that I’m keeping around untill #2 finishes and I choose my keeper.

9 Likes

Holy crap you are fast, I didn’t even finish writing my other post after tagging you.

Anyway, I’m excited to try it out, it’s best if I can compare results with a known variable. Thanks for all your knowledge and sharing, same goes for @cdnBuddy of course! I appreciate the help with beginning, although I will have to figure out nutrient calculations for my self sooner than later. You know how the saying goes - give a man a fish, teach him to fish, etc etc :smile:

4 Likes

Haha I’m always about lol

3 Likes

@ifish what do you think I should be doing ratio-wise atm? The stretch is 95% finished, they just started week 5 and (hopefully) plumping up the buds. 1-2-2 should be ok for a few weeks, then switch to 1-1-3 at week 8+?

Also, do you do any light cycle steering, i.e. doing 11/13 to promote earlier finishing from X week onwards?

Thanks for an opportunity to pick your brain :pray:

3 Likes

1/3/3 would be better , lower that n more then 1/2/6 etc

Yes we control everything even light , lots of variables to look into 11/13. 13/11 , 10/14 ,( thinkin of a way to do 13/12 or 13/13 in summer 1/3/3 ),and when to use them , these things take time tho and with work etc it’s hard to get around to them , especially when we are already producing really nice buds with these ratios , and bombed everyday lol be nice if someone like yourself using these ratios that had an interest and time to play with lighting looked into it : ) deffo larger yields to be had , everything indoors is up for grabs , everything can be pushed as long as we find parameters and stay within them : )

12/12 is very generic and lame ( boring and safe ) I think everything in the grow should match our feed shedual , spice things up, pushing harder and at the right time for maximum effect : )

A lot of small changes when all working togeather can make a big impact

Kaizen : )

As well as changing to 11/13 at end I would also raise or dim lights too , drop p , this will also lower your ppm/ec , and drop temp , very nice strong signal to plant that it’s time is done : ) can’t do nothing but finish : )

I can tell you have a good idea of what we are doing and where we are taking it ( not just npk but everything in grow ) be nice to have you onboard : )

5 Likes

Just need a list of fertilizers you have. I’ve done the run using jacks and would be no different from masterblend.

3 Likes

Thanks for encouraging words, I am always interested in taking my gardening to the next level. I am working with @cdnBuddy, he is spending a lot of time teaching me and helping me. But there is still much I don’t understand and need to figure out. Time has been sparse lately, I honestly miss the days when I was able to spend 10-12 hours on my hobbies, reading up, researching, diving in… These days I am lucky if I get an hour or so per day for myself and it’s usually when I am already pretty tired. Ah well.

Anyway, plant steering is a fact by now, well known and researched in other industries. There’s really no reason for cannabis to be any different, especially considering the special connection that our species seem to share. My environment is pretty limiting in that regard, I can’t play with temperatures and RH as my plants share my actual living space. But I can play with feed levels, feed composition and day/night cycle lengths. I’d love to have more space to experiment, but my 70x70cm tent is it. I’ve been growing the same plant since early december last year, just trying to get through 2 phenos. So I am pretty limited in chance to do any real comparisons. But of course, I am always observing and trying new things out, so hopefully I can share an insight some day, even if just one…

5 Likes

There’s not much going on in my main tent, FC #2 is on autopilot and just finishing week 5. So here’s an update on my autoflower babies. Out of 6 planted seeds 5 have sprouted. I opened the last peat puck today to take a look inside and the seed hadn’t made a move at all and was getting mouldy. No Chemdogging for me this round :cry:. Maybe I will plant one more later…

Other babies are doing well, maybe 9 is lagging behind a day or two. Roots have made it through peat so I transplanted them today. Since they will be going outdoor, I put them in Biobizz LightMix. My first instinct was to water them thoroughly, but then I remembered I am not in coco anymore :smile:. I am experimenting with degradable coco pots, they seem nice and there should be no transplant shock when I put them into ground.

Other inhabitants of my veg tentling are 2x FC#1 and 2x FC#2. They were just topped minutes before taking the pic. FC#2 clones were taken 9 days into flower and I was hoping they wouldn’t go through reveg cycle. No such luck though, we are down to single blade leaves now. They should resume normal growth in a few weeks.

10 Likes

Hello friends, been a while since I last updated. Mostly it’s because things were/are pretty much on autopilot, at least regarding my main tent. Autopots are set and forget once you figure them out a bit. I haven’t done much except change reservoirs and take an unnecessary number of peaks inside tent every day. No clogs at all this run, ATA Clean helps in that regard, as does my regular reservoir flushing every week or so…

I did change nutrient compsition as noted above though. Been doing straight Maxibloom (1-3-3) at 1700-1800 EC since middle of may, start of week 6. I will switch to Maxibloom earlier next run and also reduce EC more aggresively since I am still getting burn tips.

Yesterday I switched to pure Masterblend (4-18-38) at the start of week 9. Buds are definitely maturing at this point and I will be running low N till harvest. Maybe I will get a proper fade this time :slight_smile:.

This pheno of French Cookies has less color than #1, but much louder smells. Buds are definitely on smaller side, but quite dense. I hope they pack in some more till the end, I have up to 4 weeks more to give them, but judging by the looks, they will probably need 2 at most. Some pics:

14 Likes

My veg/auto tent is doing so-so. It’s a different ball game with automatics for sure. Also I kinda forgot how to do soil it seems, so they were underwatered for a period of a few days when very little. I transplanted them to bigger pots on day 20 and they are 27 days old in total atm. They have all started to flower, some of them around 21 days or so and some just recently. What I don’t like about it is that they are still very small. I doubt they will yield that much, but at least it’s a new experience. With autos everything needs to be perfect if you want them to perform!

11 Likes

Need an update here?
What’s up, O!

2 Likes

Hey brother @iggypuffs , thanks for reaching out. Yeah, I’ve been away for a while. My motivation to post here was nonexistent after all the bad luck I’ve had with OG community projects since joining. Was starting to feel like a fool for trusting people around here. I’m still deep in the red, but some things did turn out afterall, and there’s still plenty of real nice people. Guess I will need to cool off and see how I feel later on.

Regarding my grow, the FC #2 was harvested about a week or so ago. I don’t have my spreadsheets with me, but from memory, she went full 11 weeks + couple days. She is mostly dry now and just starting the cure process.

My next project is already in the works, I am doing ACE Seeds CBD#1. I will transplant her today to Autopot smart pot and she will veg for around 2 weeks more. I will be going for vacation soon, so it will be the first real test of “Auto” part of Autopot.

I have some pics of FC #2 before harvest, not many and not great quality, since my documenting motivation was low as explained. This is the only one without flash, shows the delicate color of buds nicely:

These were taken in the dark with flash, so the quality is minimal. I don’t feel they show the plant properly, but I don’t have better:

15 Likes

Yummy buds : )
leafs are showing burn tips and serrations ( k )
What’s the story with that ? When did that show ? What where you feeding at the time ?
Don’t let the few bad times of the past hold you back from the good times of the future : )
What was the issue in the projects , where you involved in Hugh Glass saga ?

4 Likes

Orloff sorry to hear, ya you have to watch people on here.
Kinda gives you a lull of false security.

Anything I can help you with buddy, SHOUT
Maybe I can help

5 Likes

@George you seen anything yet?

4 Likes

If you’re speaking about the mamilk got them, thanks beer3|nullxnull, sorry if I didn’t mention it … :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

By the time I saw them on Sebring sight they were all gone they went quickly

Thanks for what you do

Next time

Paps

3 Likes

Hey Paps send addy in pm
I’ll roll some out

4 Likes

Good to hear for a future go.

5 Likes

Yes Sir, l know how you feel about being in the red and the trust issue, things do happen, but ,

Was relieved to here you finally got those Black Energy beans! Haha…I’m telling you man, it was the cat who moved that pack!

I see genuine camaraderie here and had folks reach out to help me when I first joined, Think I’ll hang out for a while!

@Gpaw helped me get my first set of LED lights built. Really happy with them!!

Doing a private buy with some good people, thought you may be interested?
Maybe @OleReynard or @George could invite you over there? I don’t know how.

I’m in a couple:
Sour Diesel x Rez Sour D @OleReynard Has agreed to do the run.
Thug Pug’s Peanut Butter Breath and Meat Breath
Karma’s Biker Kush,

Started my first journal with some of DocDs gear
https://overgrow.com/t/iggys-puff-n-stuff/

Anyway, glad o see you back on,
Grace and Peace

10 Likes