Ottafish’s seed giveaway to members, who will grow them and document

Some sad news. Something gnawed the stem of the last surviving Tropical Fuel x Sour Bubble despite the wire cage around it and it looks like the plant won’t make it. It had developed more of a cookie / skittle stem rub and had beautiful deep purple flowers, very resinous.

Thankfully, the the lone survivor, the Super Lemon x Tent Mix female is very gassy smelling with a little lemon and is throwing out pistils. That will be pollinated with the Tosh Valley male, which has developed pink/red male flowers and a crimson stem, with the woody spice notes dominating the sweet/sour mango/lime.

I will get some pictures tomorrow. Apologies for the high mortality rate, but hopefully some interesting seeds will come out of it.

8 Likes

Hello og
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Just set up 4 plants in the flower tent.
Hooked the autopots and everything is running great .
Just bent all the plants over to start spreading there wings.
As soon as I am satisfied with the canopy coverage then I will flip.

13 Likes

2 SB in the rear
1 NGxSB in the front left and sb in the front right.

13 Likes

Really nice @Sincitytoker i love a tidy set up. Those babies are gonna crank in those autopots! :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ty @HealingHerb
Can’t wait for them to start taking off :+1::+1:

2 Likes

What size is the main feed 1/2" and the small lines with the red control valve? Looks like a slick setup.

1 Like

Yes main line is 1/2 inch and tray lines are 1/4 inch…

2 Likes

Hello OG hope everyone is doing great and ready for the weekend.:+1::+1::v::v:
Ok I have a question for all you experienced growers out there.
I pulled a total stoner move :rofl: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
At least that is my excuse…:rofl::rofl::rofl:
So when I switched the 4 plants from the 4x4 tent to the 5x5 tent 2 days ago I just realized this afternoon that I never adjusted the timer and unfortunately it was set at 12 hours on 12 hours off which is flower hours and I did/do not want them in flower.
I just switched the timer over to 18 on 4 hours off.
Am I screwed and are they in flower mode?
Or will I be ok ?
I was thinking another week or so in veg and then flipping them to flower.
Please all info and suggestions will be helpful.
First time for everything I guess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

If they only had 2 days of 12/12 then they should stay in Veg mode. Especially if you have them back under the veg lighting schedule. Shouldn’t phase them at all. @Sincitytoker

4 Likes

You’re gonna be fine man, the plants are more resilient then you think.

3 Likes

@Illicitmango thank you for the feed back.
That’s what I’m pretty much thinking.
Worst case scenario they do a minnie reveg on me but should not see any difference.

2 Likes

Yeah you’ll be fine brother! At the very most, maybe a slight but of stretch/extra growth but shouldn’t be enough to full trigger flower. I remember in my teens back when I was ‘hiding’ my grows, I had a couple little plants that I didnt want my grandmother to find so I stuck them in a storage tote when I’d leave for the weekends lol. The memories of what we used to do for our plants

Speaking of, heres an update for today. Trucking along nicely and been giving them a few hours with added red spectrum to get them ready/used to the increased intensity.

12 Likes

Man oh man do I have a few lol.
Appreciate the feed back gentleman.
I’ll post some pics tomorrow but they have definitely not missed a beat.

2 Likes

My guess is that it only becomes a problem (additional time to revert) when you go past the 10 days.

I recently had a timer break and let the lights on in the veg tent for 2 days straight before I noticed it and the plants were fine. These plants are really resilient.

3 Likes

Day 69 (F39)

Sugar Belts

Sugar Belts 1 - Getting some great frost and turning a nice purple. Smells slightly like grapes :grapes:

Sugar Belts 2 - Putting on the most weight and the most frost of the two.

Nanna Glue x Sugar Belts 1 - Getting really frosty. There are some seeds brewing in those calyx’s

Nanna Glue x Sugar Belts 2 - buds still have not really developed but getting some good frost.

16 Likes

All doing well frosty nugs for sure @Loggershands! From my understanding I actually read it here on OG @Sincitytoker that 2-3 days of 12-12 is known to bring out the sex of the plant a bit quicker.

All seedlings doing well here, may have to look at the paper towel method next time as only 4/7 popped from soak and into jiffy pellets. I’m always learning and have picked up quite a bit here on OG!

14 Likes

I’m super excited to get these seeds to document the grow! I picked up some new grow and camera gear! I’m ready no ! rock, just waiting on some seeds lol

5 Likes

Damn bro! You’re killing it! Those look dank AF! The Sugar Belts are going to turn a lot more purple too as they age. The Nana is definitely a frost monster! Your doing great nice job!:grin::flushed::fire:

5 Likes

I think you’ll be ok because it’s early. But messing with the photoperiod can sometimes cause herms, but like everyone else said I think you’ll be fine this early in the game.

3 Likes

You didn’t get seeds? If not PM me your address again and what you’d like to try out and I’ll get them in the way soon! :v:t3:

3 Likes