Ottafish’s seed giveaway to members, who will grow them and document

Ottafish … wow that’s all I can say I’m still reading through the whole thread thanks for bringing some amazing genetics to the people👍

5 Likes

Thanks man, the growers have done them justice too that’s for sure.

6 Likes

Sugar belts x [Pablos Revenge x Black Velvet]

2nd run, Tomorrow is the beginning of week 8.
I will start to check the trichs at the beginning of 9th week. They might finish a tad earlier than the first run since getting a lope to see when they are cloudy/some amber. I noticed some amber starting on the sugar leaves but nothing significant.

Really stoked to smoke more, it’s so tasty. A will be around for a couple more runs

C -
In 3 gallon fabric pot

D1
In 2 gallon poly bag, Had ph swing or overfed early on in flower.

D2
In 3 gallon fabric pot. Seems to grow better in the poly.

A
In 2 gallon poly bag. Couldn’t get purple to show on the first run, Second run… purple haha.

27 Likes

Nice plants … Looks like a good yielder

4 Likes

Beautiful! You definitely have a lot of bud sites on those plants. I definitely think regular pots are better than the air pots as well after running smart pots forever. The smart pots just dry out too fast on the sides. A lot of guys are wrapping the smart pots now and leaving the bottom. I suppose it depends on the style of growing. I know for growing in living soil you’re better off with the sides sealed. You don’t want your soil getting dry or the living soil goes dormant.
How are you feeding those pots you have? Smal frequent watering? A buddy that had a rec grow used to grow his plants in 1 gallons with frequent feedings. It was basically like hydro. Keeping the nutrients fresh. He killed it.

6 Likes

Good morning brotha :coffee:

@Originalweedman Thanks brothas!

I haven’t tried those, but it seems similar to the fabric pots. I couldnt keep them moist in. Wrapping them would help a lot.

Yea basically every other day. I stopped feeding any nutrients after week 6. Straight water until chop.
It probably effects the yield, but I love smooth smoke.

Nice!! gives me something to think about. I may try something similar on the next run. I think one gallons are great

Many thanks again!
Hope you had a great week and have an awesome weekend! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Morning guys,

Yeah I’m not buying fabric pots anymore. They work well for coco but not great for soils relying on strong microbe populations for nutrients availability.

I’m been steadily moving up in pot sizes (running 25gl now) but I’m about to try and get some plants to harvest in the solo cup challenge. Gonna try fit a blumat carrot in one cup and then water the other cups from drippers coming off the one carrot. Also gonna top dress weekly with dry amendments and worm castings. Should be interesting. You boys should get in on this solo cup run :grinning: surly you got some beans lying around that deserve a quick run!

6 Likes

I agree we want our microbe biomes strong and healthy.

Do you add any outdoor mycelium to your 25g pots?
I’d imagine there is an added benefit of past information of what they already broken down out in nature, which could help increase breakdown time for additional food available in your pots.

(Mycelium network communicates thru mycorrhizal network allows plants to communicate as they transport sugar supplies to one another when they are needed. the network learns after finding (breaking down) a new food source.

I binged a bunch of paul stamets stuff and the potential environmental benefits from certain mushrooms.

Since I have 20 of them, I’ll use them to grow onions, potatoes and strawberries in them this year outside to get some more use out of them before I toss em.

I will probably join the fun, Just figuring out how to fit them in.

3 Likes

I take leaf mold and proliferate the microbes in what’s called a Jadam Microbial solution. I just posted the process on my thread if you wanna try, super easy. This has been the easiest, cheapest and cleanest way to introduce outdoor micro populations to my grow. That coupled with Biochar, barley and bokashi compost/grain keep the grow in a good spot with microbes.

I haven’t read any Paul stamets but I’ll add his name to the list. I’m reading “teaming with microbes” right now. Hard book (for me) but good read.

Do it! :grin: gonna be fun just to see if I can keep them alive till harvest!

6 Likes

Thank you @Ottafish!!! Got them Thurs. I’ll try them in a few weeks.

18 Likes

Dang dude, what an awesome surprise of Oregon Goodness. I appreciate your generosity. Thank you very much! Happily looking forward to poppin’ them and sharing the results. My hat’s off to you, @Ottafish!

22 Likes

Your very welcome!

4 Likes

Am I too late???

2 Likes

Received my package yesterday and all I have to say is WOW :star_struck: and Daaaaaaasmn.
Total hook up @Ottafish just laced me with.
Can’t thank you enough sir…:+1::+1::pray::pray:

7 Likes

Your welcome, thanks for following through on testing them out!:fire:

5 Likes

No sir, you can read the top of the thread and there’s a sign up and some info. You can send me a PM if you’d like to grow some out and we can figure out what you’d like to grow.

4 Likes

Whoa, just had some mail delivered from @Ottafish
Thank you brother! Very generous hook up,
I really appreciate it! Looking forward to digging into these once I get free space lol!
Thank you again!!
Edit : also, thank you for giving me the opportunity in the first place with my previous run, I have no doubt these will grow beautifully as well. I’m still smoking on some of the TDream x SBub and Nana Glue x Sugar Belts, they both are quite tasty and equally effective.

20 Likes

I’ll jump on this thanks @Ottafish

5 Likes

She will be going into flower room after seed run. Had three others 2 males but this one really stood out can’t wait. Orange type!:tangerine:

10 Likes

You bet man, thanks for following through on the first grow. I love seeing these strains grown out and I get a kick out of the dank you all have produced.

5 Likes