Ottafish’s seed giveaway to members, who will grow them and document

BTW you look to have room. When I defoliated hard I was way too packed. I prob have a pic. When the tent is packed before flower your in trouble. This actually is a different grow. The other was way worse. I think I had like 15 plants in a 4x4. I did have to strip these down hard too. Honestly I’d have been better off stripping them completely. I did have some really nice Indica leaners that couldn’t compete. I guess that’s one downfall to growing in a bed.

8 Likes

I need to with my little tent I do have some height to work with but much prefer a squat indica style growth. The back left velvet lakes looks to be on point for that. Topping def helps, which I didn’t do last round and they got a bit too tall lol

I did some a week or so before putting them into flower when I topped them. Being so large and lush I know what you mean but def worth doing and I will again in the next few weeks :+1:

Thanks bud the yellowing on future bud sites has always been a good sign for me. I reckon the branches will shoot out some more. My recycled/amended soil mix wasn’t ready so I went with a good quality potting mix and put it with some ‘Morpheus’ compost from a local company called red soil organics. It’s nice and humus sticky.

The larger front ones are for sure. Possibly the back right fuel dog too. SB does seem to have been quite dominant last round with the gth/sb/la. I reckon the gth was expressed a fair bit, but the SB still came through eventually :couch_and_lamp::lock::smile:. I literally have zero breeding experience. You know I’ll be heading your way for advice and guidance man, you have a real genuine interest experience and love for this plant bless :sunglasses::pray::green_heart:

2 Likes

The Sour B is crazy in that regard. It hardly stretches at all. Basically it doesn’t. It continues to grow normally until week 3 or so then just stacks the buds. It’s really one you can’t grow with hybrids. It’ll just get overgrown. Definitely perfect for low ceilings. It’ll be interesting to see how they pan out.[quote=“HealingHerb, post:1326, topic:116466”]
Possibly the back right fuel dog too
[/quote]

Fuel dog is most likely crossed to rainbow belts, that’s the one I was trying to pollinate with, but…. Could be Bruce Banner too…[quote=“HealingHerb, post:1326, topic:116466”]
You know I’ll be heading your way for advice and guidance man, you have a real genuine interest experience and love for this plant bless :sunglasses::pray::green_heart:
[/quote]

My advice is it’s all about genetics. Don’t listen to others because in this game it’s usually bad advice. Be very picky is the genetics you choose. Once you have something magnificent you can use that to try and keep those attributes and add different terpenes you like. People like to know lineage but I really don’t care as long as I like what I’m starting with. I’d actually like to just grow all my seeds. Pick 5-10 of my favorite males and let them do their thing. More variety to sort through that way.

7 Likes

Im using the Mars ts 2000? approx 300 watts in a 4x4 mars tent. I’ve noticed that light is too intense close on max so we’ll see. :rofl: I’ll have a couple feet to play with. Depending on if I can keep the stretch small.

3 Likes

I’ll probably try this, at least stripping it down a bit and just go straight buds. This sounds like a solid plan.

1 Like

I did some funky topping so we’ll see :rofl: I topped the main two then topped the main two from the lowers that caught up. It’s pretty even but. Rather have more shorter buds than few longer.

2 Likes

1st time I saw anyone else on here with Tremolo… I was lucky to snag a bunch of Tremolo beans and
I hear the bud is fire… Would love to know what your opinion is about this strain…

2 Likes

Sorry been away for a bit … I ll dm u . As far as the BB strains . I have a thread going Blueberry and Blueberry mixes… I think out of the 11 I m running 3 are gonna be some serious fire. I also have a BBM strain thats a rarity from Colorado . This is probly my 2nd favorite strain next to Dj Shorts BB from the 90s … The high is euphoric uplifting and great for day or night… I grew the Humbolt BBM before this and it was alright . They use the Razzleberry x PPD … The one I grew from regular seeds is an old BB x PPD version and its just amazing . Late in veg it carrys the BB smell in flower it smells like BBM coming out of the oven and it cures that way . Just amazing. I actually kept this hoping to breed it with a great BB male so I m almost there. Hope your doing good brother…

5 Likes

We need pics if your not lying​:joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Wait You have 90’s FJ Short? We used to get some really dank what we called blueberry in Oregon. It was more of a berry smell or stronger than blueberry really. I’ll tell ya, I like to try anyone’s favorite strain. That’s typically what I sort through to breed with. Everyone has a favorite.

1 Like

I traded a few on the take seeds leave seeds . I probly got 10 left to go thru. I ll toss up a picture when I can.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks! I appreciate it!

A few days really makes a difference checked yesterday and the front left velvety lakes had pollen sacs all over it. I’m keeping a close eye on the others but they all seem to be girls hopefully :crossed_fingers:

Culled 2 males of the 3 outside. I’m 80-90% sure it’s a fuel dog by the growth, I didn’t tag them so my bad and I’ll see how it grows

10 Likes

Well here’s some close ups of the buds. I’m embarrassed to show the plants now. My light somehow got unplugged for I think at least three days. When I turned it on, I thought, you better turn down the lights low because they’re going to burn… Well I didn’t and three of them got torched. They’ll be ok but the half the tips of the leaves died. The buds are getting more frosty and chunky. The BBC pheno’s vary widely. I have one leafy one like the mom. One short indica dominant chunky very frosty one, and a few in between. One of the Tropical Fuel plants has the largest buds and darkest purple buds of the tent and looks really nice. There’s three plants. The other two are dank but not going to make the cut. I’ll toss those. Sugar Belts looks nice and frosty. Those are nice plants.

Tropical Fuel

Sugar Belts

Banana Butter Cups X ? My favorite Indica pheno.

20 Likes

Beautiful buds!

2 Likes

The back yard is really starting to fill in. It’s been unusually cold this year so it’s taking longer but everything is really starting to blow up. The plants on the east side of the yard started way earlier than the other beds this year. A lot of flowers don’t sprout til it’s a certain temp that we didn’t hit I guess. I bought like 10 different cultivars of Dahlias after growing 1 last year. It’s my new favorite flower to grow. The thing was impressive. Anyhow I wanted to share some pics of this year and a Dahlia pic from last year.

25 Likes

That’s awesome! Were any of them anything special?

Thanks man. I’m pretty sure there’s not a calyx on the plant that doesn’t have a seed in it lol. I’m just going to let them go until they die and get some big fat seeds. I’m pretty impressed with how they look considering they’re in seed mode. I got to say, I’m ready to grow some seedless next time and see what I can produce.

2 Likes

Alright sugar belts crosses are cruising right along. Started 12/12 yesterday.

Super stoked for these. They are stinkers!!

24 Likes

They’re already stinking up the place, which is definitely a good sign! :drooling_face:

2 Likes