Ottafish’s seed giveaway to members, who will grow them and document

I get it. I’m just a weed nerd and have gone down about every rabbit hole into any topic. I was just wondering.

2 Likes

Hey, you definitely will never annoy me with what you share. I enjoy hearing everyone’s thoughts.[quote=“JoeCrowe, post:1421, topic:116466”]
If you google shit, 99% of that info is wrong too.
[/quote]

That’s the truth! I seriously think people try to steer others wrong in this industry because there’s money involved. Also to get them to buy shitty snake oil products that end up causing more problems… then they buy more products.
Send me a link to your PM info if it’s on here if you could. I’ll definitely take a look. I really have enjoyed a lot of Kis Organics podcasts on YouTube. Which are based more on real science. There’s some good bits and pieces to pick off there.
I’ve learned a lot mainly from trial and error over the last 25 years. I have picked a routine that works for me now.

3 Likes

There was an episode on kis organics where some growers always had pm. They actually eliminated it with their environment which was super high humidity. I think you’d find it interesting. I’ll try and get a link. The guest was Jaya Palmer. He’s on a few episodes.

1 Like

That plant is definitely going to have solid purple buds! I can’t wait to see. They’re going to be unique. You don’t see chunky purple buds like those will be too often.

3 Likes

Dang those look like they’re stacking on the weight! The Fuel Dog I really liked. I got them from seedsman if you care to look up the lineage. It’s made up of 4 deisel strains. It’s strait gas for sure. Everyone that likes gas loved it. It’s potent.

3 Likes

I did a phytopathology study on mildew and @Cormoran already posted a link to it. It’s about a thousand pages long :wink: “Powdery mildew - An easily exterminated parasite”
I go out into the world and I study like 11 different kinds of mildew growing in the garden. I wipe out the mildew in the greenhouse. And this year, I’m toying with the mildew growing on a wild aster. I want to see if I can treat a rhizome to kill off the mildew. I’ve personally helped hundreds of people kill off a mildew colony affecting their grow, or just attacking their cucumbers or zinnias in the garden. I give out this badge when someone becomes the “mildew assassin” after they have used the knowledge to sterilize their entire yard and kill every fucking mildew colony that has been living there for 20 years.

If you want to see me cause intense damage to human brains, when I first arrived at OG, there was a brigade of people who kept calling me a liar. Eventually I kung-powed them into the sun, and made a throne out of their troll-bones. hah hah just look in any of the mildew threads, and you’ll see me drop kicking people in the cranium.

9 Likes

It looks like a trichome you have for a meme? Wonder what they are made out of?

2 Likes

Their outer skin is made from silica. When you take a dab of bubble hash the residue is the trichome bits, because silica doesn’t vaporize.

2 Likes

I wonder how silica helps with this fungus problem? Seems like I have good luck with my plants when I put silica in my mix since I grow a lot with hydro and coco. Thinking you have a circular mind and was part of your mindset.

1 Like

Silica will fail, that was one of Bugbee’s tests. You have to focus on something that kills the parasite itself! All the answers I provide on OG are the direct result of looking at something through a microscope. Once you get a thousand observations in, it paints an image.

4 Likes

I wonder if some plants have the ability to be resistant to it; say tropical types? I wonder if wet environments favor a cultivar that is resistant and a trichome that is associated with it?

1 Like

It’s host specific. The comfry, squash, aster… etc all those mildew colonies won’t grow on a cannabis plant no matter the strain. If you have a microscope, you can tell the difference between the colonies by looking at them. It’s almost impossible to tell the difference if you are using gene sequencing. Quite ironic.

7 Likes

I definitely get it on the cucumbers, especially zucchini, and my comfrey has it now in the summer which is weird. Usually it comes on when stuff starts to die at the end of the year. I’ll definitely give it a shot. I can’t do anything about the outside environment so it would be nice to try out there.

2 Likes

Well here’s an update on the plants. They’re reaching the end of their life. I know they look like shit from when the lights got shut off for atleast 3 days and my dumb ass turned them back on full power and roasted the leaves. Oh well… they’re still chugging along. I hadn’t looked at them for like 4-5 days. They’re really putting on a lot of frost now. I’m surprised how long the trichomes are. Probably will let them go another 3 weeks then just kill the lights and let them die all the way. I want as many mature seeds as possible.

BBC up first, these are all kinda like BBC except on leans to Sour Bubble. I really like that one.

Sugar Belts. Still gets color in the heat

Tropical Fuel

Above is the BBC x SB I really like.

21 Likes

Comfrey is my current test subject because the mildew on it is the perennial version that regenerates from strange pod clusters on the rhizome. So I can count on total infestation by June. Here are some photos of what happens.

I did another video to show the effectiveness yesterday where I put some sulfur powder on the colony and then put a drop of water on there. It was like a hydrogen bomb! Nothing left alive.

12 Likes

Chopped my Sugar Belts yesterday at 79 days.

25 Likes

Looks really nice! Just flick a few leaves off with your fingers when it’s dry and you’re done. Thats one thing I like about it. What kind of smell does she have in your opinion?

7 Likes

Purdy @Flower!

5 Likes

Man, awesome harvest! They look dense.

3 Likes

Plants are really getting frosty. I can see the difference in a day. Maybe it’s the insect frass I gave them and they think they’re under attack or it’s just the timing. I’d say about half the seeds are mature and half aren’t. I may shut the water off to help them finish. I think that helps them ripen the rest of the seeds rather than cutting them. Here’s some more close ups. I like the blue tinge to the BBC Indica and the resin rails, and the dense buds, and the frost, and the stature for sea of green. That one would have been cool to pack a tent with. I’m thinking I’ll be able to get some seeds and grow a bunch outside to find more pheno’s.

23 Likes