Ötzi the Iceman

I dont see anywhere where it says there was pollen on him or cannabis in his system. Even if there was pollen on him, it could easily be from wild plants. Cannabis pollen can travel 10-20+ miles.

3 Likes

@CkNugz , are your responses from chatgpt or the like? It often creates fake sources that dont return any hits. Your article you posted doesnt bring anything up. Do you have a DOI for it?

4 Likes

adamweishaupt1

Try this:

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/The-content-of-pollen-and-macrofossil-remains-in-the-ingesta-samples-from-the-Icemans_fig4_223290707

3 Likes

So let’s please stop saying that Otzi had cannabis pollen in his system. He clearly did not!
First the article you reference is about ancient man in that area cultivating cannabis, it says nothing about Otzi.
Secondly Otzi was in the Alps in the Spring, this is not the time to have cannabis pollen in the air or at all.
The link I posted states everything found and where it was found in his body.
The people doing this are some of the best in the world at what they do. Not some College professor of botany in Hawaii who authored said journal you are referencing.

4 Likes

The pollen was in a little baggie in his t-shirt pocket.

9 Likes

To clarify, the presence of cannabis pollen on Ötzi the Iceman’s body is indeed supported by scientific evidence. This discovery has been documented in peer-reviewed studies and is well-established in archaeological research…:chicken:

HomelessVersion2.0.com — shall we upgrade…? 200w

Where?
@Hashpants is 10 characters

1 Like

Think you’re a couple days early here, dude

2 Likes

Just imagine how much pollen was flying around… no big surprise there. Homie probably had badger shit behind his ear too. :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

This is actually the strange part. The thing I remember from years ago was “he had a bag of weed and 2 different mushrooms”. The thing is I don’t even remember where I heard that story. They always talk about the mushrooms though. Also there was something else… oh yah. The indigenous elders said that weed was their sacred plant. Except… you don’t read those stories either, in books, you have to go right to the source. I don’t remember learning in school that the natives loved to smoke weed long before Europeans showed up.

3 Likes

Now… if he had a Grateful Dead smiley patch or the forehead tattoo from “predator vs. alien”… it would all make sense. :crazy_face::mag:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Or even a rolling tray:

IMG_0779

3 Likes

You’re leaving out the tattoos of acupressure that he had on his body for his ailments. Which if I’m remembering correctly he had before the Chinese did the acupuncture/acupressure

2 Likes

You had some facts correct but I think you were talking about this mummy and not Otzi. This is a mummy of a young princess found with cannabis to help in her breast cancer which eventually killed her:

https://www.thearchaeologist.org/blog/meet-the-2500-year-old-siberian-ice-maiden-and-her-tattoos?format=amp

1 Like

@Oldjoints nobody is trying to fool you here…, re-read maybe thrice… Facts stand as is…

1 Like

Check out the intricate bead work.

1 Like