Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

I’m not set on a specific style of sauce so we vary it. Really anything just makes it’s better whether it’s has mustard or ketchup base. From off-the-shelf BBQ sauce to fermented chili red sauce. The stuff with fermented chilies are really good and unique.

These guys are local and have some good sauces:

The owner taught me how to make the above at one point but I haven’t been able to get it to work at home, yet.

11 Likes

A Kamado will beat the cold. They are not cheap though. Am able to sear steak on the coldest of days. The walls are something like 2 inch thick ceramic.

11 Likes

Are you two in the northeast? I like the thick, sweet, and spicy sauce from Alabama/Miss/La. we have a smokehouse in town (Colo) and their sauce is close. I love hickory wood with pork, and it’s cooked on open pits in the south. Nothing like it! (Everywhere will claim the same thing wherever they live, lol)

9 Likes

Same with mine … I’ve been smoking and grilling all through winter… May have to turn it up a bit to accommodate the chill but hard to stop lol

10 Likes

I repaired one for a friend. The green egg is a good one. I have a 55 gallon barrel . I got it off the side of the road cleaned it up . Made a grill out of it . I’m like you on the sauce . Just curious

5 Likes

I do make a barbecue sauce . Actually a few of them . I do like vinegar base . The mustard base just a little bit . But I like it with some honey . From the south . But I’ve lived all over . Been in your state a few times . I was down in South Colorado one time next to Pueblo. Peyote I’ll never forget it. I love food. All kinds. Raw fish is the best. Fresh with the blood pumping. Love a great beef. Food tastes like crap right now. Bacon over cured. Tainted sold in the stores here . Rotting meat . Now since all the grocery stores have gone to order over the phone I wonder if they keep the meat at a proper temperature ? No… vegetables taste like punch miracle grow . It has nothing to do with the c-19. Love goat, lamb and reptile.

7 Likes

The Northeast had traditionally been a desert when it comes to good meats / BBQ.

For instance, bloody roast beef sandwiches was (is?) a thing. Stringy and full of gristle. WTF. That’s not prime rib or tenderloin, folk. Must be the British influence.

Although, it has really improved over the years as we’ve learned to steal everyone’s recipes … then call it our own.

7 Likes

Check out the Naked Whiz site & the egghead forum. Should get you going @GCBudz

4 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks again for the inspiration @PhilCuisine perfect for when I want to eat from the grill but no one else does (insane.)

22 Likes

I need to get another load of cheese smoking, its been too long!

7 Likes

Got a masterbuilt myself.
Best bbq cookbook I’ve had is the 12 bones cookbook. The brown sugar ribs and their rubs and sauce are unbelievably good.

7 Likes

Here’s an old picture…meat on a stick…I usually use pork…

15 Likes

I’ve a vertical gas smoker and a ceramic vision egg thing. I use the smoker a lot. Most apple wood as non fruit smoke triggers her headaches.

5 Likes

Old photo but doing it again Memorial weekend!!!

23 Likes

My buddy and I threw free pig roasts at my bar hangout when I lived in Chicago for 15yrs…

21 Likes

Oh hell yes! I been thinking about a few suckling pigs in my cabinet smoker!

3 Likes

We used to hire someone to roast our pigs but one day I said what the fuck, I can roast my own pig…So I got my own cooker and roasted the pig myself…Here’s my butterflied pig roast with extra crispy skins of course…

21 Likes

I fucken love that…lol

I’ve been thinking about getting one of those caja boxes for a while.

5 Likes