Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

Oh, thank God. I saw your screen name and that picture and didn’t know what to think.

5 Likes

I’m not French, nor a cannibal, lol!

1 Like

6 Likes

chicken thigh or something more exciting. like organs

1 Like

Beef hearts are underrated

Chicken hearts

8 Likes

Mmm Chicken hearts. I haven’t had them in a while. I was at Brazilian restaurant when I first tried them out. Very tasty.
I have yet to try Beef heart. Tongue is another great underrated cut. :grin:

3 Likes

I get my meats for free, pork/beef from my farmers/ranchers buddies because I give them clones of my homemade strains to grow…beef tongues used to be cheap under $10 but nowadays they can go up to $40+ each…

3 Likes

Think outside the grill… lol

Solid barter system! Best way I think as everyone wins.

Really 40+? That’s steep for tongues.

Maybe people during 2020-21 got into organ meat again, helping the price jump from demand. Idk though.

1 Like

…so true

at the weekend we prepaired a Sheeps Head and Neck…

9 Likes

It happens all the time, go to Walmart and buy a beef tongue… look at chicken wings/skirt steak they used to be cheap… the COVID-19 pandemic didn’t help it lower the prices either

3 Likes

Beautiful day to fire up the grill…

9 Likes

I’ve been on a Beef Plate Ribs kick lately.

19 Likes

12 Likes

Pompano? Did you get rid of your piranha? Lol

1 Like

Haaaaa! You said you didn’t know if it was pork and beans.

That looks like some very good times

1 Like

yes,it was. always great sitting by the river with good eats n drinks.
sadly we didn´t catch anything

2 Likes

13 Likes

Father’s Day Brisket. Fifteen pound packer on my Weber Smoky Mountain.

The Pros (which I’m not) say a brisket is perfect if you slice the flat the width of a pencil and it hangs completely around your finger without breaking.

We were going to make sandwiches, but it was so good, Mrs. Coda and I just stood at the counter and stuffed our faces with slices. I only get about one out of every three of these I smoke in the “zone.”

Hope everyone had a great day with family, friends or just kickin’ it on the couch binge watching Netflix.

15 Likes