Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

Has anyone ever used a vortex for chicken wings? The frigging thing is awesome.

1 Like

Been thinking about getting one, you think it’s worth it to get the original over a knock off?

I do have a slow n sear that I like a lot, use it pretty much every time.

1 Like

This should keep an old fat hippie fed for a few days.

12 Likes

That slow n sear looks pretty damn cool, plus you can add water to it. That’s interesting :thinking:.

My vortex is just a cheapo off Amazon. Its stainless and works great on like chicken wings and chicken legs. My brother in law just used his to cook pork ribs the other night. They were excellent.

1 Like

Up at 6 a.m. to put this on the smoker for supper tonight.

You might be able to smell this @DougDawson you are only a half hour away. Lol

14 Likes

Looks fantastic man, I needs smellavision.

2 Likes

I just wrapped it up for a couple hours get some nice bark on it when I cut it I will post some pictures

1 Like

Dinner for a family who’s mom is recovering from surgery.

12 Likes

10 Likes

My favorite. It’s hard to find.

Beef Roast with Garden Veggies…

12 Likes

Gotta take advantage of my garden fresh veggies and grill, it was way too hot to be grilling last week.

Shishito peppers

San Marzano tomatoes

Eggplants

6 Likes

I had the same idea with our peaches. Grilled wrapped in prosciutto

9 Likes

Got a knockoff Vortex and I agree it is frigging awesome. Some very tasty wings.

Saw some people doing hot & fast ribs with it… Done in about an hour with the bones cut individually. Might have to give that a try for a quick rib fix.

11 Likes

Looks delicious :yum: Glad you like it.

10 Likes

8 Likes

And that is…?:thinking::grin:

1 Like

Pork, eggplants, home made sausage and peppers…a buddy just butchered a pig…

2 Likes

I like to grill eggplant (poke it all over with a fork first) and a bulb of garlic, then make baba ganoush. It is essentially hummus but made with eggplant instead of garbanzos/chickpeas. Same ingredients: tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
Cut pita into triangles for dipping, then wrap in foil to toast/warm on the grill before serving.

2 Likes