What are these bugs?

Ways to deal with them? Thanks for your time

2 Likes

its a caterpillar of some sort not sure what one

2 Likes

Caterpillars. Good way to get budrot and diseases, shit in the buds, etcā€¦can kill plants if thereā€™s enough of them.

Most commercial hardware store pesticides will treat them. Take your pick.

4 Likes

:thinking: what he said ^^

1 Like

Ya man get those little buggers outta thereā€¦ donā€™t panic though but youā€™ll want address the issue as quick as possible.

1 Like

Any of those pesticides organic? Would a good spray of dr bronners/hydrogen peroxide and neem do anything to them? Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Nope.

Not really, no. Mild deterrent, at best.

1 Like

Remember that Bti is specifically designed for lepidopterans, i.e. butterfly and moth larva, aka caterpillars. Caterpillar is the worst name, as it keeps folks from making the connection and simply seeing it as a larval stage of one of the two. Ask someone if a caterpillar is a butterfly and theyā€™ll say ā€˜noā€™. Oh really? Is a child a human? Perhaps not the best analogy, depending on how your day as a parent is going, ha ha!
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Bti+for+caterpillar+control

7 Likes

Found an ORMI listed one ā€œSouthern AGā€ was like 11 bucks shipped. Thanks you so much! Dealt with all kinds of bugs in my day but never had any kind of worms/caterpillars on my plants and these fuckers are ravenous

4 Likes

Used a new one I like on outdoor plants, trifecta crop control for mites mold and mildew and organishield for bugs and Iā€™ve used indoors, both organic

2 Likes

Iā€™d nuke those fuckers with some safers caterpillar killer AKA BTK.Theyā€™ll all be dead in three days with a single application.

5 Likes

GET Monterrey FOR Caterpillars image

1 Like

is that eatable i myself would go with Neem oil and a mild dish soap

That is a caterpillar. It can turn into any kind of butterfly moth. A bug. This post is old dammit Iā€™m a quit trying to find new stuff

2 Likes

great for the caterpillars use at 20ml per gallon on a backpack sprayer you should be fine

1 Like

It also kills earwigs, thrips, aphids and flea beatles.

1 Like

Now that I didnā€™t know , thanks :+1::blush:

1 Like

hah hah I spray that shit on everything to see if it dies. So many fails, but I did learn!

1 Like

trust me bro Iā€™m learning as I go too itā€™s hard but intense and I love it

ahhh it may help someone out whoā€™s digging through the archives one day. I shouldā€™ve updated sooner.

These were ā€œarmy wormsā€ oddly enough they were on indoor plants(a couple of testers) while waiting for the organic BT, I just went in each morning and night hand picking them off, after finding about 25-30 had no more problems and never used the spray but Iā€™m sure itā€™ll come in handy for outdoor next year. they only liked fan leaves cause they never touched anything frosty(maybe they couldnā€™t or just didnā€™t have time)

You can see the damage on the fan here but larf is untouched.