Outdoor sip pots

Just posting to show the peeps how easy it gets .

These are grown at a friends place. We put up a 12x12x8 chain link fence. Equipped with a horse fence he turns on in September till harvest.
Been running 2 sips this is 4th season same soil . End of year I cover with leafs from plants .
In Spring time after the frost warnings , I cover crop a 5 seed blend. clover , alfalfa ect . When its time to plant (June 1st) i take a serrated steak knife and cut out previous years stock around the same size as pot. Cover soil with organic 444 toss a few red wigglers in there and cover it with plastic . Leaving an inch or 2 for the mj in the middle.

The plastic smothers most of the cover crop also holds in moisture . Keeps the top of the soil alive. Once in a while if it gets too dry I will pull it back and will top water .

![20220917_004117|500x500]![20220831_205212|500x500]

14 Likes

These 3 cultivars have no business being grown outdoors but they are the only elites i have and well, imo once u grow these clone only strains its hard to put the time and effort into an unknown seed .

Soil started as dank franks mix its the same living soil I had in my 5x 20g growbags for the last few years.

Oh there’s a 10g reservoir I have hooked up to a pump. It runs 1 min a day . The plants can make it 5 days during the stretch or the heaviest demanding time.

Before and after the stretch all it takes is weekly visits
I fill tubs and reservoir inspect for pests

1 Like

Anotherspot here

1 Like

dealt with these fuckers before. Essential oils day 1 day 2 neem.

All plants get soaked in sulphur+water 1st sign of pistols

This tub is new this year cheaped out and filled with m.g. soil .

2 Likes

!(upload://8NTtRjIWd2tdhCp5YJtJLj5P162.jpeg)
Not cnc its dosidos

4 Likes

Cnc is a super light feeder . Looks like she finally tapped out her nitrogen reserves

6 Likes

Like clock work here comes the pm … all 3 of these are pretty famous for powdery mildew this is why I covered with sulphur right at start of flowering . When growing organically I’ve found the plant can usually win . But this new tub with the miracle grow soil has no chance . Once flowers are established lactic acid (em) is the only thing I will spray near them. 1st couple are death Bubba next few dosidos

6 Likes

4 Likes

Not much ypu can do at this point i cut off the effected leaves try and increase airflow and not have any 2 leafs touching. Then i spray with em .

The circles are p.m. being beat by the death Bubbas own immune system . These are same plants year after year. I feel they tweak the soil to thier liking.

4 Likes

That brings us to this week. I will try and finish the thread and also show what I do with my outdoor. Hint it never gets dried

2 Likes

Forgot to charge phone last week so everything was in the dark. Man the smells this week. Could smell it before I got out of my car.

2 Likes

!death Bubba is loving it

4 Likes

Don’t know if dosidos is going to make the finish line . Mildew seems to be coming on strong. Some of the lower pistols are browning out. Picture is of the worse spot.

4 Likes

Mildew still coming on strong with dosido still avoiding the actual flowers thankfully

cookies and cream really surprising me. She usually shows mildew and seems to be mildew free. Plumping like noones business. Maybe I’m onto something here . Except clover covercrop and 1 calmag foliar feed . 0 nitrogen was provided to the soil this is why she yellowed out early

4 Likes

. Fall colouration October 6th pictures were taken dosi , death Bubba and cookies n cream . Most of the flowers were db except last beauty c&c gets the pink hue last 2 weeks

3 Likes

october the 6th… last 2 pics show the mildew really inhibits proper growth .I think the next pictures will be the chop . Maybe this thread will pick up when I pull out the dryice , 20# tank of isobutane and the closed loop extractor … stay tuned .

4 Likes

After 3 days of near freezing rain followed by low Temps for a week i wss really nervous about the plants
Well I was absolutely floored when I visited plants today !! !
This is c+c and death Bubba wozers look at the colouration 20221024_183209_copy_1008x756|666x500

I will get more Friday Saturday when I chop . I was planning to blast entire harvest but these are looking stellar so it will probably just blast the lowers

3 Likes

Dosi suprised me looks like it really held the pm back

3 Likes

Beautiful colas, my friend!! I’ve been thinking about doing some SIPs here too. It’s nice to follow this cookies n cream, one of the most beautiful I’ve seen. A friend opened f2 I’m going to order some seeds heheh How are her terpenes?

1 Like