My first successful reversal

So I’ve reversed my favorite cookies and cream mom.

a few of these fell off when installing box for pollen. But I’m not seeing pollen . Am I going to have to grind up the balls or when do you think she will drop pollen? any tips or advice from an experienced chucker would be appreciated

Here’s a resin rail from her

This was probably my worst run with her (blumat drippers clogged week 4 -5 )

Super easy to grow really light feeder 11 weeks she gets this pink hue and that’s where I like to harvest. At 12 weeks with lots of amber its not good for much but sleep. Not the strongest smoke but it makes me smile and taste amazing . A staple in my rotation.

A few stressed grows produced late single male flowers and a few viable seeds. ive grown a few and they always turned out excellent so I want to dust a full plant and make a turkey bag of seeds. Here’s a s1(herm seed)

not quite as frosty as mom but still some nice smoke .

I’d like to donate a wack if successful .

Maybe trade for a pack of those mendo breath x hindu Sebring did. Does anyone even grow seeds here ? Lol

20 Likes

Some of those pods will fall off. The ones left on need time to mature and then they will open up and you will see some pollen on the leaf. Any little shake will hake them dump so be ready for it. I am addicted to a certain Pringles-type chip and they seal the tubes with a metalized plastic. I found it handy as you can get under the pod and brush the pod with a small artist brush and catch the pollen with the seal. Easy to see it on the foil.

8 Likes

I can trade some mendo breath s1 for some of those cookies and creams if you like :drooling_face::pray:

1 Like

If it happens Im in . Some breath strains have the same kinda effect on me. All smiles .

Here’s an odd one I grew out dosidos s1s and they were all bunk nothing like the clone. But every c and c i grew out was shockingly similar to the mom.

I want to s1 all my gals but I guess some work out some don’t.

1 Like

Done deal :ok_hand::grinning:

Keeping my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

And good luck now !!

Even if it don’t work to tell me and I’ll send you some anyway !

I recently reversed mt first plant too. I find the easiest is to let the balls bloom and collect only when the individual pods are dangling separately like this:

I noticed at that point the pollen falls almsot freely, the longer you wait the easier the pollen falls.

7 Likes

I’ve had a few open but I didn’t see any dust . I’ll give it a week before stressing about it

:canada:
Here lots of us here it seems

2 Likes

I had a couple that I waited on and then finally got some. Not like a pale that drops its load at a drop of the hat.

I’m in the middle of a reversal project myself, been spraying a Soul Mate f2 with CS for the last 11 days now, twice a day, still no signs of anything changing just yet, but I’ll stuck with it for another week or so.

1 Like

And… More of it. I started by collecting single pods, soon so many were opening it became branches. Then the whole plant would drop pollen if I even nudged a pod.

Lower air flow too… Pollen blows around SO easily…

1 Like

Did you s1 the mendobreath you have seeds from ?

1 Like

Man oh man do I love frosty fans :herb:

I took branches off and sat them in water under a Led light inside a box. Eventually some ripened and dropped their loads.

3 Likes

I ordered some STS spray and it arrived yesterday, going to give this a shot just trying to decide on a candidate.

I have smf’s GMO cut I could try to s1 but I’m reading GMO can be one of those strains that is hard to get viable reversed pollen from so I might want to start with something else

1 Like

Still being patient hoping I can dust the gals soon they are almost ready. I might get crazy and just put plant n the 4x4.

I post more pics of her if I can find . ive had her for 5 or 6 years

I swear this plant gets frost on her neighbour’s leaves .

Flower tent is jammed with death Bubba and 2 cookies & cream. Creamy Bubba? Fem Death cream cookies perhaps

3 Likes

![20211023_064322|281x500](upload://zUOBo LuPMzuIeKzzvYKK9oTUvNp.jpeg)
I wonder if I should have hit it with sts a few more times

The donor plants have a bit to go yet

My 1st death Bubba mono crop . Not really liking the red stems in the back right too much light for that soil , I really should install the heat tape . Cold floors no Bueno. !

20211023_063949|690x388 lots of cleaning too do.I hit all these with a cal mag foliar at flip if you look close you can see some.of them pull out of a slight mag defiency(red to green stems) . The front pot is just loving life .

4 Likes

That’s looking really nice , I hope them girls get blasted , are you hand collecting any pollen ?

Still no pollen . I may try drying a few pods with silica and grinding them up
. But if there was viable pollen wouldn’t the pistols turn red ??

i pretty sure I have enough light its almost 100w of led and 25w cfl these look ready to pollinate very soon ?? She starts making crystals early and often

3 Likes

Give the pods time to open. Grinding them will likely just make non-viable pollen. They still have a little time to go till they open from the looks of them. When they open, you’ll see pollen on the leaf beneath them, or they will look like a little flower exploded instead of a bean. If you have a fan, you might not see the powder.

Pollenated pistils will take a few days sometimes to turn red / brown, and begin to recede…

You got the reversal done, don’t rush it and mess it up. Let those pods open on their own :smiley:

Obviously, any of the pistils on the reversed plant are capable of producing a seed too, in case ya didn’t know :smiley:

2 Likes