Seeded bud, share yours!

Okay this is my first ever post I bought some bud the other day from a friend and before I roll and grind it up I like to break up the buds. After doing that I got almost two dozen seeds from just an eighth. Has anyone ever gotten this much or is it normal to see? I’m pretty surprised at how many there were but its still some good stuff. Anyways I wanted to see what y’all think. Thanks.

15 Likes

As I wouldn’t know the origin of the seeds. Pollinated or Hermie. I wouldn’t want to run them inside. Maybe chuck them in a pot or the ground outside away from your normal stuff. I’d be sad with that many seeds in an 8th lol

5 Likes

Deppends, the best is having no seeds, once they come up is kind of unpredictable, my last run went hermie due to stress, I had one popcorn bud with 4 seed in it, and from 5 plants I gathered maybe 20-25 seeds total, the best plant only gave me one, because I am indoor I am using 4 of this new seeds just need to be carefull if they show male sex.

2 Likes

This is the question?

I say if the bud checks all your boxes and the smoke is good/great and you have the room run the seeds.

I would keep them in Solo cups or one gallons and feed them until they show sex.
Just watch the plants closely…

8 Likes

If you read the OP, they’re not asking about growing them out… Just if it’s normal.
@ssavagesmoker1467 for a pollinated plant, I’d say 12 seeds in an 1/8th is actually on the low end! We used to pull a grip of seeds out of an 1/8th when all we could get was brick.

9 Likes

Agreed… 12 seeds from an eighth isn’t bad at all. Unless you’re looking for seeds, in which case it’s pretty bad. :wink: I’m gradually shucking my Gorilla Bubble from last crop as I gather the motivation, pollinated with my Durban Freeze male - last bowl I packed gave me 38 seeds and that was from less than a gram.

5 Likes

I have gotten that many seeds from a nugg befor, each and every calyx can contain a seed if the whole bud was pollinated! When I get seeds in buds I bought at a club I take them back and they exchange the buds without issue… I would think your buddy would do the same if you pointed it out. I would have set the buds aside to return to your buddy and explain that you were not paying for seeds. It may be an accidental pollination: I just harvested a round and found that three of my Katsu Key Lime Kush phenos have all hermed way underneath their upper canopy where I could not see and apparently pollinated a good deal of my crop :cold_sweat: :raised_hands: Sometimes s#!+ happens.

4 Likes

back in the day that would have been considered seedless

7 Likes

That’s real sad to hear that key lime kush Hermed on you almost scooped a pack when it dropped, you get any lime terps off them? @herojuana.tom

1 Like

:raised_hands: No, I got no lime at all, I didn’t get lime from any of the phenos. I got lots of acrid gassy kush though :yum:, I was really excited to run them again, these were keepers from my last round :rage: Needless to say, they aren’t kept any more.

2 Likes

sorry to hear that, tom

2 Likes

Yeah I might see what I can do. I’ve got a couple of plants in the ground right now they’ve been for about a month or two. I think these might be regulars just pollinated but I’m not 100 percent sure. But still doesn’t hurt to have some extras for later on. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The smoke is pretty good. The friend who I got it from told me it was gushers and it has a fruity kinda earthy taste and smell. It also is a good high so I think my boxes are checked because I’m enjoying it😂

I voted for hermaphrodites

1 Like

Really? That’s pretty interesting so I guess I should be happy about how many I got😅 But still everyone’s feedback is welcome since I’m new here and was referred by another friend so I’m trying to get a feel of how things are on here and maybe post some of my plants😊

Dang that’s quite a lot but never hurts to have some in the collection for next year :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that friend. I would tell him about it but he told me to expect some seeds and gave me a good deal on it so I’m alright with it. I would like to run them and see what they produce since I don’t think they’re hermies and are just regs but I’ll just have to wait and see since I don’t have too much space at the moment🥲

1 Like

Haha then I got lucky I guess​:joy: I occasionally get seeds now and then but I’d never seen this much but its good to know its not too uncommon or bad :ok_hand:

I guess I’ll see when I start growing them. I’m hoping not :sweat_smile:

Loved the mini fireworks show seeds could sometimes cause if not caught before smoking a bowl or joint…

1 Like