Overgrow.com rises from the ashes!

Its good to be back kinda piss the old fashioned V bulletin look and feel, not having the list of forums is kinda a pain, especially since v bulletin look feel and navigation is pretty standard. Nietzsche Plant Abuse is still around on the net.

4 Likes

I also notice MyNameStitch grow FAQ is also mostly the old Nietzsche Plant Abuse.

4 Likes

Hi Nietzsche!

vB was revolutionary at 2000-4, but their dev team has disintegrated over time (also acquision by Internet Brands Inc. didnā€™t help to get on the course) and their new versions kind of suckedā€¦ vB canā€™t give you currently good (and near-app) user experience on modern tablets and phones. It is yesterdayā€™s technology :relieved:

I hope that Discourse we are using can make a difference today same way as vB did in 2000.

We still got /categories but not so prominent :slight_smile: We may switch to it, currently I think /latest serves us well.

3 Likes

Iā€™m shocked! Been over 10years! Like seeing a long time ex. Good memories, bitter end. I compared my old OG FAQ to yours and it looks good. Actually betteršŸ˜. I will pour into this one more time, but I truly hope site owners and admin treat this site and users with care. Please Stay true to the community.
Having said that; thank you, thank you, thank you!
And I agree with the other comments on this threadā€¦I didnā€™t like previous karma system.

4 Likes

@LemonadeJoe
Hi!!

I remember those ā€œholidaysā€ back in 2004! I know the conditions were not the best, but at least you could smoke all you wanted! How is CZ?

Old photo - circa 2004

21 Likes

Iā€™ve just seen that CW is back online tooā€¦ but with full DB and link to here so I was wondering if itā€™s u guys resurrecting it tooā€¦
Iā€™m honestly having a blast reading itā€¦
D_S

1 Like

@LemonadeJoe
like this one, you mean ?

:wink:

9 Likes

hi hook me up I donā€™t even remember my old username

1 Like

I used to be Avalon0420, if iā€™m not mistakenā€¦

2 Likes

Where are you? We have a bit of property in Jaco, CR.

1 Like

Living in Guanacaste now, but moving in a few weeks back to town in Curridabat. We only come to the beach during the sunny season, and the Costa Rica from the brochures will not be for another six months, then weā€™ll come backā€¦ Even tho this time, i intend to stick around in the city, because of my daughterā€™s schoolā€¦

I used to visit the old site, wondered what happened to it.

Glad to see you are back!

6 Likes

Welcome to @MicroDoser!

I am glad YOU are back on OG!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi there, im am old member of HC.com (hempcultivation.com)
But I was not active and growing for years. Same in the website I stopped using it. Now in back with new growing plans and I wanted to take a look at my posts from hc.com
My user name was this same im using in og.com (SpUnJaH)
Anybody knows what happened with the site?

3 Likes

Oh does seeing that take me back! :laughing:

1 Like

Question for the older & returning, original OGersā€¦

Iā€™m curious what you think of the OG evolution since re-birth; how is it going? (so to speak) The good the bad and the ugly. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Damn!!..Nosing around the new sight {was leary for awhile]and come across ā€œshocksā€ !..Good to see ya bro! Had good times with you ,Nathan and Jeast!!! 4 of us OGā€™ers in the swampā€¦Good memories ā€¦Hope to see you around !

canna;;.I like what im seeing so far and really feel that OG has potential ,.Some [a lot] of us old schoolers are/were cautious about rejoining ā€¦Plus MJ world has advanced so rapidly. Nothing but ā€˜medā€™ [few] states was legal back thenā€¦Time will tell but some old schoolers are around I seeā€¦Some of the best folks I ever ā€œmetā€ was from this site!!..Couple still good friends that I stay in touch withā€¦Shocks>>>PM meā€¦

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: History of Overgrow.com