Ozzie has another crack at it

I remembered to get a photo this time before any feeding or spraying. All the toppings were successful by the looks of them. I increased frequency of co2 into room, by maybe 50%. Seems to have made a difference. The room probably isn’t as sealed as I think it is. Air con pulls a bit away too.

3 Likes

Current line up they’re being feed with. Some 1ml per litre, others 2ml per litre. I’ve just been mixing up a 15 litre bucket 1-2 times per day and hand feeding

1 Like

7 Likes

Well, the girls are all looking great, so that’s a tick for the Cyco…keen as to watch them grow. What are you using for foliar spray? I’ve never done any feeding via foliage, but alot of people swear by it, it’ll be something to look at when i’m a little established.

Our water here is pretty good. Water running at 32 ppm and 6.2 from the tap. Have to love poly tanks and rainwater. Being a ex-roofer helps too i guess.
I know you’ve got a pretty intense setup, but if you can let the fresh water sit for a few days (overnight at least) most of the chlorine will settle to the bottom of the container, then you need to pump from said container to your res/fresh water tank. A bit more work, but it might help with initial ppm counts. Or a RO filter to clean it right up?
Pretty excited about DIY system to be honest. I know the first run is going to be plagued with issues, and probably the second and third runs, and maybe the fourth too, but that’s part of the fun. When i clean up my doodles i’ll post and RFC it, pretty sure people are going to be able to help me out :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah mate Cyco has tick so far. Keen to set it up for drip feed but the high temps of reservoir has me hand feeding still. I’ve got a big 160L reservoir out of room which I used last time. I’m thinking I might just put air pump in a esky with ice that way the air drawn for nutes airation is cold, keeping temps down? Clutching at straws now haha. Might look at a caravan style filter that just has hose fittings either end so it’s filtered a bit when filling. Not too bad at moment but once they’re flipped they take on a bit of feed pretty quick so whatever I do I gotta sort it within 2 weeks
Foliar spray is just water and nutrifield veg ignitor. Smells like and has consistency of runny vegemite, they seem to like it.

3 Likes

Not exactly sure but it would be coming up to 2 weeks under HID lamps I would think.

2 Likes

The biggest one was tied today…and a close up of where it was topped.

5 Likes

There’s no holding this one back! 24 hours after being tied and she’s looking good.

Photo taken before I tied them all.

2 Likes

Before and after…one of the blue cheese from Barney’s farm. 100% Indica. I found them much easier to tie so they’re flattened out than the hybrids last time.

4 Likes

Snapped the fucker right where arrow head points. So missing that branch now

1 Like

Its always better to bender them when they are thirsty :slight_smile: they are software and the stalks dont snap so easily, but I understand that its a bit problem in dwc :joy::joy: I would straight that one up and made a new top that will be topped

2 Likes

Yeah it was bent down when thirsty but later on after watering I caught the tie wire on halo and it was just enough that when I checked next time it has started to die while rest of plant going ok.

Added a 150 fan and filter in the corner to act as a scrubber, set up a recirculating system for the run off so 1 minute every hour during lights on the pots receive water, co2 up to 1 minute every hour @ 15 litres per minute, reservoir cleaned and refilled with bloom a+b and additives, main reservoir to supply pots via halos 1 minute per day, timers set to 12/12…here we go!!

4 Likes

I’m not sure what the outcome of recycling nutrient while running coco as a medium will be…these look like mild deficiency issues starting. Probably due to pH as I tested it in main res at 5.6, then in the catchment res and it rose to 6.7+ after going through coco. So no doubt the issues with this run will persist. But happy enough so far…

3 Likes

Only very slight tip burn

3 Likes

If it’s still hanging on tape that bitch up! Lol Unless you totally removed it already!

2 Likes

Haha yeah mate…ripped it off.

1 Like

Hey @ozzie , looking good mate. How are your temps now??, Under control??

1 Like

Thanks @Johnnybsmokin yeah temps much better. Running the cooltubes with a 200mm centrifugal fan instead of 150mm this time. I’ve got AC set to 28 so it cycles a little bit when lights on but just fan runs when lights off so hopefully I’m not shafted by the power company too much when bill arrives. Only worry with temps now is reservoir. I’ve frozen 1.25 bottles and have just been dropping them in on hot days. They thaw pretty quick but.

2 Likes