Ozzie has another crack at it

@ozzie Yea that’s the problem with hydro, you have to keep an eye on the res temps as well. I don’t deny the results, but to much work for my liking.

I’m keeping a close eye on your grow and looking forward to seeing how you fare.

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

Just took 5 clones so if it goes tits up I’ll be (hopefully) ready to go again straight away…haha

3 Likes

Turned pump off 2 days ago as I had a bad feeling around the reservoir temperature being so high. 27+ last measurement and I have no doubt it got hotter than that. Pretty glad I did because when I lifted the lid this morning I half expected to be sucked into the muck by whatever it is I’ve bred in there. So I’ve now ditched that reservoir and am going to use the one in the room, with a tap in drain line so i can feed fresh until run off fills pots then drain and refill. Each pot has an air stone in it aswell as reservoir. The nutrient will be cycled through a poly coil enclosed in an esky that will be filled with ice. I also washed and bleached and rinsed pot buckets and new reservoir. Then flushed medium with plain water. Roots surprisingly looked ok, slightly brown on very tips so I think I caught them before rot set in. I’ll follow up with more photos but here’s one of the reservoir…

1 Like

5 Likes

Unfortunately due to some changes coming up in living arrangements I’ve had to do the unthinkable…

2 Likes

I think the saying goes…”But when the door on one grow room closes…the door on another cabinet grow box opens…” or something like that :smirk:

4 Likes

:cry: Damn mate, stuff was just getting to the really, really interesting stage. Sounds like you’ve got plans in motion though, I’ll be keen to see what you’re up to next.

Even though a incomplete run, what did you think about the cyco nutes? Did you work out what that deficiency was? I thought it may of been a calcium burn, but i know 5/10ths of FA about nute burn and was hoping someone would confirm/deny what it was. Apart from that, it seemed the girls liked what they were getting.

Don’t keep the suspense going too long brother, what are you up too? :wink:

Hey @ozzie, that’s really sad to hear that you had to resort to pulling the grow. I hope you can come up with a solution to your current living arrangements :thinking:

Cheers Johnny

2 Likes

Hey mate, yeah they were looking good. Couple of issues on the home front and still unsure of where I’ll be living in the next few months so I’ve stopped short of pulling down the room completely (it’s 50mm cool room panel walls and roof) but it’s ready to come down within a day if that’s what ends up needing to happen. I’m about to head down to the local shop this morning and grab a tent and a rdwc kit for one plant and set it up in the spare room. (Probably not the smartest decision I’m likely to make :laughing:) So if the unlikely occurs and I end up staying here on my own I’ll take clones from that one plant and start up again, otherwise I’ll just turn it and at least get something back.

Happy with cyco, the leaf tip burn/discolouration I’m putting down to pH way too high from recycling nutrient in coco. I’d stopped that a few days before pulling them and they started looking much better. Still gonna run cyco and recycle for this 1 plant, but in rockwool and clay, no coco. I’ll post some pics once tent is up.
Cheers mate, hope you well. :+1:

Thanks @Johnnybsmokin yeah still up in the air a bit re living arrangements. But as I just replied to Jay in post above I’m pretty keen to at least get something going. It’s one of the things that is annoying about renting and being on a co signed lease…the decision is not solely mine. Anyway, I’m sure it’ll all pan out in the end, and as long as my arse points to the ground I’ll find a way of growing. Haha cheers mate

Yeah the coco medium holds onto calcium and magnesium so growers supplement with ‘cal-mag’ so the plant doesn’t develop a deficiency which I think is in some way tied to potassium uptake? This potassium comment could be complete bullshit (misinterpretation of what I read) so take it with a grain of salt, pretty sure on cal mag but

1 Like

Where there’s a will there’s a way…

5 Likes

Is that, have you… used a junction box as a pot? :joy:
I’m missing the joy of growing, definitely need to get something going…

Yeah man…haha. Put 5 seeds into some old rock wool I rinsed and reused. Of the 5 this one had a root system well and truely cranking along so I just grabbed the closest thing filled it with clay and put it under a fluro. That way when I transfer it to the homemade rdwc pots I’m half way through making it will go in sort of bare rooted. And yes, even though only 1 little one, I do enjoy seeing it progress each time I get home from.work. :grinning: It’s Acapulco Gold from Barney’s farm. 11 weeks to complete flowering cycle. sativa dominate hybrid. If it goes the distance it’ll be a special occasion treat sort of bud as it’s not the best yielding strain either

1 Like

Well I’m on the move. Only had 2 in, one was struggling and doubtful to survive. Had a bit of root issues, other 1 ok but they were only in a week so I’m not bothering to keep it. Deconstructing room for storage. Closing this thread and I sincerely hope I see you again soon.

Again, thanks to all the OG members who gave advice, I greatly appreciate it. And congratulations to the wider OG community for their work and contributions, you make up a truely special online family. Godspeed and always Overgrow.

5 Likes

Hey @ozzie , sorry to hear that you have to pull it all apart mate, lets hope you can get all settled in the near future and start again. Best of luck, hope you continue here at overgrow even if you are not growing.

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

Well, room is down and panels in storage, gear and equipment packed away, although I will probably loose most of it to the ex. Found a place to live after 2 months of sleeping in my car, or at work or on friends couches. It doesn’t have any space to set up anyway and it’s shared power and water do not really an option anyway. On a lighter note, with the change in seasons, Mothernature sure is very thoughtful this time of year…

4 Likes

Hi mate. Good to hear from you, I was actually wondering how you were going last week.
Sorry to hear of your situation of late, at least you’ve got a roof over your head now. Onwards and upwards!
Looks like someones been walking through some cow paddocks! I was going to go have a look this weekend, but spent most of it in bed trying to get over this flu. There’s always next weekend i guess. A nice cup of “tea” might help me recover :joy:

2 Likes