Paintedfire studio šŸ”„ šŸ–Œ

Oh absolutely raising them up has helped. Whatever deficiency or whatever that barefoot doctor was experiencing has not progressed any since raising them up. I was blasting them with too many photons and also not feeding them enough. They are about 25" away from the canopy now. :thumbsup:

12 Likes

Dude I keep my lights right about there or a little higher just because of the intensity of the LEDs and the high pressure sodium and the nodes are still super tight on it.

I had em down lower but there was no reason the plants were so stunted and the nodes were too tight. Everything always looks good though bud. I canā€™t wait to see more have a good one

3 Likes

Barefoot Doctor will be coming down in the next few days. Sheā€™s ready. I pray she will reveg for me because she has an amazing structure.

Hereā€™s one of the prettier buds that didnā€™t foxtail at all. Some of them did, particularly the taller ones towards the middle of the scrog.

21 Likes

Nice :+1: great looking colours on her.

Do you find fox-tailing a genetic trait limited to certain phenoms?

6 Likes

Thanks Mongo. Itā€™s just the one plant under the scrog so I canā€™t say if itā€™s linked to certain phenos. I canā€™t say for sure but I think it was simply from too much light towards the end of flower. I dimmed them back with the potentiometers and it hasnā€™t seemed to progress any further since I spotted it.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve had a similar experience. My lamp is too close to the colas in the middle, but thereā€™s nothing I can do but learn from it this time. When Iā€™ve rotated the plants around to give the colas in the middle a break on the outside, the foxtailing kinda stops as they get out in the ā€œgoldilocks zoneā€.

Got a clever training plan for the four clones Iā€™ll be flowering in a few weeks to keep everybody at a safe and comfortable distance from the HPS lamp. I imagine I wonā€™t see foxtailing on these clones if I can keep them at a safe distance, where I have a bit on their mothers, but I believe due to environmental factors, not genetic.

Just my speculations/assumptions.

Tx

6 Likes

I have a feeling Iā€™m always putting my lights too closeā€¦itā€™s like an addiction lol. How far away do you put 600s?

3 Likes

Depends on the bulb age and quality. I am the opposite I put my 600W lights a bit high, about 26 inches, funnily enough I was just out messing with them and lowered them about 6 inches. They have 3.5 hours to go before lights out so I will check them in the morning, to make sure they are not crisping up lolā€¦ Last thing I need is foxtails all over everything, in the last 10 days.

This is from youtube and now I am going back out to adjust my lights again lol.

4 Likes

Just my input when I ran my 600 I had it at 14 inches off the top of canopy. Hand to elbow is what I always got told from my teacher :blush:

6 Likes

Do you think foxtailing comes from the light too close? Just put mine in at 21", I thought I was being really easy on them and was planning to slam it down over the next few days lol

@Explorer ya Iā€™m usually around there by the end of a round. Some nugs are even closer, no light bleaching yet!

Thanks for the input all :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Nicely done man, loving the setup and so do your girls, obviously!

5 Likes

Thats why I don like having my light to close. The last time I got it to close the Hog and Tut fox tailed all over. I will see if I can find the pics.

5 Likes

Depends how long your arms are mine are 18 inches. Thats also how you tell if a rifle or shotgun stock, is the right length for you. You hold the grip, and the end of the stock should touch the inner elbow joint on your arm. I have an extended stock on my shotgun.

3 Likes

I moved my light to 18 inches, now have 4 plants starting to foxtail, I found on the previous times, even if I move the light back they will still carry on doing it.

4 Likes

High Shadey, I know foxtail grass is very dangerous for dogs :scream:, but really donā€™t know how it looks in our ā€œgrassā€, would be great if you could find those pics, thx ā€¦ :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Here is a pic of one of the Tut, its the clearest pic I have of it, the buds have this little tail on the top starting, they were all about 3/4 to 1 inch long and were starting to come out all over the buds, It only started a about 2 weeks before I chopped them, if I left them they would have got bigger. You are going to have to click on the pic to enlarge it, to see better.

11 Likes

Fox tails can be caused by geneticā€™s or the environment. I find most caused by light stress. I can take several of my strains and induce Fox tails by the height of my light. Once it starts, moving light back out does not usually stop the action for quite some time, if ever. Keeping them a proper distance prevents the tails. Personally, I like the lights a bit further off their heads, and not inducing this trait.
1 of my strains will tail in her last 2 weeks of flower, no matter where my lights are, but she is the exception in my stable.

8 Likes

Thanks Shadey, now I know what to look for ā€¦ :sunglasses::+1:

Edit: You say "If I let them ā€¦ " Did you chop the Tut? Are they a no no, someting to get rid of?

5 Likes

Interesting, Iā€™ve never made the connection before. Nice looking plant by the way!

Also, where the heck is @paintedfire420? Iā€™d love his input on this :thinking:

4 Likes

Maybe he is in trim jail ā€¦ :grin:

5 Likes