Paintedfire studio 🔥 🖌

GHPxc99, BNK, going into the water tonight. Free’d up some room to run these. Thank you sir!!!
Too bad your treated like shit here, such a good grower!

5 Likes

Yeap, sometimes you can walk over a dogshit; it is just a question of cleaning it the best you can and forget about it once you’re back at home … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I used to keep the 600’s about 18" away. I never had any air cooled or fancy hoods.

I’m not exactly sure what causes the foxtailing. I used to think it was purely heat stress but I don’t think that’s the case here. I recently was watching some kind of canna media, maybe a podcast or youtube and they were talking about too much light intensity causing it. And of course some strains do it normall I believe hazes and stuff?

I really don’t know for sure but I’m going to try running them even further next run maybe 28".

9 Likes

I been trying to spend a little extra time away from the computer so I don’t end up wasting the summer away. I’m straight up addicted to the internet so it’s not easy. Wintertime I can surf the web to my hearts desire. You know how it is my fellow Canuck :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That’s awesome Snidley. I’m excited to see how they treat ya. My pleasure.

I’ll try to get lots of BNK pics up this weekend.

Everything is going smooth in the garden. Barefoot Doctor is coming down tomorrow. The Big Nose Kate is very C99 dominant. The buds are going to be nice and big. Middle of week 4 or 5 I think and they are quite a bit bigger than the barefoot doc buds at harvest. I’m really hoping they will get some purple from the Doc side.

6 Likes

Oh ya some foxtailing is definitely genetic. I usually run around 18" too but am gonna try a bit higher as well. Being a light hog is a hard habit to break lol

And ya gotta enjoy the sun while we can…all 6 weeks of it :sunglasses:

5 Likes

haha right? I need that vitamin D!

5 Likes

I feel ya. I was slamming it in pills all winter, it’s nice to save a few bucks haha

5 Likes

I just checked the leds the lights are are foot away. 660w hid is right next to a led setup. I have a cob unit my buddy is letting me tinker with. I was thinking of adding. Is there no point in a 4 x 4? I think I got it dialed it. Any advice for controlling the plants in the net? Maybe more defol? I took a ton of leaves off prepping for the flip. Thanks bro.

5 Likes

Trippy it looks dim in there under this pic. Nope those lights are bright AF!

Heres the Doc Holiday x C99 . Out of the 3 of them they are showing suprising uniformity in visual characteristics. They are very C99 dominant but not completely C99. The C99 has distinct curly little pistils which the Doc Holiday x C99 isn’t showing. Ima have to go dig up some pics of the C99 off breedbay because I can’t find them on my PC. The grow where I popped 80 C99 is on there with plenty of pics.

Hard to tell the differences between the 3. Number 3 is the smelliest so far.

Doc Holiday x C99 1

Doc Holiday x C99 2

Doc Holiday x C99 3

Those are straight up C99 leaves. Here’s the Doc Holiday that was pollinated. You can See her leaves were not quite so narrow or sharp. Now that I think of it the Doc Holiday had surprising uniformity. If my memory serves me I had 4 females with minor differences in smell and they all purpled to a degree and all pretty much looked the same. I had to get help from my Auntie to pick the best smelling one because she has a wicked nose. My mom and auntie are my go to for “what does this smell like?”.

Fucking burnt tips plaguing my life :joy:

21 Likes

I dug up some of the pictures of the C99 pollen chuck off breedbay. What a fun trip down memory lane. That grow was such a shitshow! I popped about 200 seeds for a 4x8 grow area lol… never again. Check it out guys you can see how much I’ve improved and evolved since. You can see my mindset and how indecisive and scared I was to take on a project like that. LOL funny thing is that nothing really fruitful came of that grow. No clones, no seeds… nothing but it was one hell of a learning experience so at least there’s that. I ended up tossing the beans I made(LOL)… don’t ask me why I couldn’t even tell ya. I only have a small amount of SweetSkunk/Blueberry x C99 seeds from that run and that’s it. But I learned a ton about the C99 and it was my first time test growing Bodhi’s Guava Hashplant. So ultimately my Guava Cindy would have never happened further down the line if it wasn’t for this grow.

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/c99-pollen-chuck.201364413/

13 Likes

My very first hybrid I ever created was also grown that round. Northern Lights x Romulan Diesel . There were a few decent plants in there but ultimately it was Marlon Blando. #terpless

This one was pretty.

LMAO WTF IS THAT? so ugly.

Better than the last one lol

18 Likes

You have a 600w plus cob n the 4x4? I think you should be all good on light there.

My only advice is to put a 2nd net up and and raise it up to however far they stretch because you don’t want to have to put a 2nd one up mid flower.

5 Likes

Feeling that with my DarkShadowHaze project. 4 of the 6 different phenoms I got started to foxtail after week 10 of 12/12 FFS

I moved my lights up but it didn’t stop them.

One thing I noticed with my 3 TSI FLY, which all look to be the same phenom is the one I defoliated 2 weeks ago has no foxtailing while the other 2 have it.

There should be a foxtail thread lol. We need to solve this. :v:

And btw your NL x romulan cross looked so uniformed.

8 Likes

That’s a great idea for a thread for sure. I’d love to know what is the exact cause.

Do you mean ununiformed lol? They were all vastly different. Some dark purple, some maroon, some green, some straight up weird and ugly!

5 Likes

The ones under the scrog. They look like every 4 inches a single top pops out making the pic look uniformed

Edit - wow I’m high.its a bunch of individual plants and there is no scrog hahahah hahahha :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Do you still have the NL x Romulan still? I’m a NL lover. I have a few decent beans I picked up a year ago if your interested. Sorry not trying to spam or thread jack. My NL looks nothing like that cross even. Wtf? Different pheno I guess?

I just posted some pics of my NL. If you get a min. Tell me what you think. Looks too sativa for me. :expressionless:. I can wait to pheno hunt through the doc Holliday cross…or did I get that one? Either way that 3rd pic black pheno is far from ugly. No body could compete with your uniformity. Lol. Later bro.
-J

5 Likes

My Cindy totally had burnt tips last grow but I was feeding to the majority.

3 Likes

No worries bro. That NL x Romulan Diesel is long gone. That grow was in 2014 I think. Couple of those plants looked cool but believe me it was nothing special.

I can’t say I’m an expert or know anything about the real deal NL but I can have a peak in your thread.

4 Likes

I got sidetracked with the C99 and older C99 grow I forgot to post the Barefoot Doctor.

def not my best run

There it is. My little garden.

Caramel Candy Kush mom. - I need to take clones of her and get her under a net

20 Likes